Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Neil Lennon

I think the chances of Neil Lennon actually leaving Celtic are very slim. He is in his dream job, and will have half an eye on trying to beat the 10 in a row record which I believe Rangers and Celtic currently share (or something like that).

But I actually think he would be the perfect manager for us, if there was ever any chance of him fancying a new challenge and we are still in this division at that time.

He is a manager who like Lambert puts faith in his squad players, is happy to rotate and doesn''t leave people out of the picture.

Hughton manages a "team" not a "squad". He knows Hooper, in fact improved him as a player, and used to use Commons as a foil for Hooper in the same way that Hoolahan should be used as a foil for Hooper (and was for Holt).

Plus he''s as hard as nails.

I agree with this Le Juge and thought he could have been in the frame prior to Hughton''s appointment, particularly with the McNally connection.

I don''t think you will get much support on here though.

With no current vacancy we could miss out on him too. We''ve already watched Poyet, Meulensteen, Solskjaer, Pulis and Holloway get snapped up. When is the right time to take the plunge?

For me he is exactly the type of Manager I wouldnt want to see at Norwich City...would be just about my worst nightmare if it ever happened. But despite saying that I actually think he is a decent Manager, but just not what we need.  

Pointless debating this anymore. There isn''t a vacancy available and if he keeps us up he will keep his job into next season. May as well just accept that now because we are stuck with him.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/malky-mackay-celtic-park-watch-6460286

I wonder whether Malky Mackay is slightly interested in becoming Celtic manager one day ?. or was this visit just a consolation ?

i personally think Lennon would be a good choice dont have to be in love with him, just want him to manage the football team, i like Hughton just dont think he is right man for job, i said he had my support last season, would reserve judgement till ten games this season, my judgement is, where are going nowhere under this nice fellah.

[quote user="killiecanary"]Cannot stand him.

Unpleasant cretin.

Please not here! If we do replace Hughton please please let''s do better than this.[/quote]

Unpleasant cretin = Easier to sack when the time is right.

I don''t see why whether a bloke is pleasant or unpleasant matters so much if he is a good manager. Steve Evans at Rotherham may be the perfect example. Hughton is in many ways an epitome of what many fans of other clubs whom I talk to who just see Norwich as nice but not terribly effective. Maybe a dose of hard as nails stuff at manager level might just push us on a bit? Sure it''s academic as there is no vacancy but it''s entertaining to speculate.

As a side note I remember speaking to Dave Bassett one evening years ago at a function. He said he would have loved to have managed Norwich but that he wasn''t seen as "their type of manager".