Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

The Centre Back, the #10, and then what?

I think the majority of us agree we need a new centre back to sure up the back line. the three we have now are either injury prone and or inconsistent. Heitinga would be a good signing IMO, there were discussions last week of Kaboul although I think that was just forum talk rather than club interest.

then there is the goalscoring #10, wes is great but his goal contribution is a little low. and if a decent enough bid comes from Lambert I think he will (regrettably) be off. would this pave the way for Toivonen or quags? or have we missed the boat on them? either way we need someone for that position (Could that be what the Zaha interest is for?)

but what else? I feel like there is another area lacking. I think we could do with another right fullback.

Bring Jelavic in and loan out Van Wolfswinkel.

Bring in Shaun Maloney if Hoolahan leaves.

Well the Van Wolsfwinkel out on loan bit was a joke, I''d take Jelavic though - Becchio out, Elmander 4th choice.

But I rate Shaun Maloney. Not a Hughton player though, Lambo will be in for him if he doesn''t get Wes.

[quote user="skippdogg"]a better version of tetty[/quote]WTF???Tettey has proven to be one of our best signings, he''s strong, relatively quick, plays solid sensible passes that don''t give the ball away and doesn''t waste him time with pointless 30 yard efforts such as Johnson is known for...To get better than Tettey you''d be spending the better part of 10 million or more, and that''s in area that we really don''t need improvement in - I think not Skipp...

We need creativity to show how good our strikers are. They cannot be expected to feed on scraps for ever.

So we need an upgrade on Wes and/or creativity from a good winger.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="skippdogg"]a better version of tetty[/quote]
WTF???

Tettey has proven to be one of our best signings, he''s strong, relatively quick, plays solid sensible passes that don''t give the ball away and doesn''t waste him time with pointless 30 yard efforts such as Johnson is known for...

To get better than Tettey you''d be spending the better part of 10 million or more, and that''s in area that we really don''t need improvement in - I think not Skipp...
[/quote]

Tettey is a great player and was in really good form before his injury - but he is never going to play more than 25 games a season due to constant injury problems, this is now the 4th season running he has been out for a sustained period of time. Another player, as good as, if not better than Tettey in that position is desperately needed as Norwich have no cover for him.

[quote user="vlad666"]What are people''s thoughts on Lansbury in that no 10 role? I always really rated him.[/quote]

Yes liked him as we''ll Vlad. Seems to be able to get his head up and find a teammate when they are free in the box. So, in theory could work well with Wolfie.

However although he can do it in the championship, is he premiership quality. Has been overlooked, it would appear, by the whole of the premiership so there must be some issue as to why he is not sought after.

I must admit I''ve not seen too much of Lansbury recently but the problem with him when we had him was that he gave the ball away too much.

Certainly not a bad player though.

Yeah I agree guys. Just always thought he had something special about him. He definitely has the potential to be a top player.

Loved HL when he was here for us, and his U21(I think) England goal was something special. but I think he may be a bit too overrated. although like others I haven''t seen him play for a while.