Sign in to follow this  
JF

Becchio. Nice work if you can get it!

[quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]Not my fault there''s no ''edit'' button on this outdated forum.[;)]

And also, as NN pointed out, somebody has to be 4th choice.He was only ever bought as a squad player clearly.If he thought he was good enough to be a first choice striker in the Premiership, then he has severely misjudged his own abilities.

So where do you guys go to find out what wages our players are on? What do you reckon are average wage is? I think the average PL wage is 70k and we would be nowhere near that. The average Man Citeh wage is 100k so I wonder what their top earner is on?? (Do you think we could tempt Micah Richards?) So you folks "in the know" what do you reckon our average wage is?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]If any manager is going to buy a player based on e.g. Championship form, and then makes him probably one of the top earners, without having a damn good idea that he''s going to succeed, has in my book cocked up big time.  Especially when he has shown with other signings, that he is very capable of making very successful signings without paying premium wages.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]If any manager is going to buy a player based on e.g. Championship form, and then makes him probably one of the top earners, without having a damn good idea that he''s going to succeed, has in my book cocked up big time.  Especially when he has shown with other signings, that he is very capable of making very successful signings without paying premium wages.[/quote]His wages are purely speculation though.I repeat, someone has to be 4th choice.Did you see Becchio in the cup game ages ago, or one of his other brief appearances?He looks frankly 4th choice.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]If any manager is going to buy a player based on e.g. Championship form, and then makes him probably one of the top earners, without having a damn good idea that he''s going to succeed, has in my book cocked up big time.  Especially when he has shown with other signings, that he is very capable of making very successful signings without paying premium wages.[/quote]His wages are purely speculation though.I repeat, someone has to be 4th choice.Did you see Becchio in the cup game ages ago, or one of his other brief appearances?He looks frankly 4th choice.[/quote]I did, and he did, but many might say the same about RvW, others would say Oh but he hasn''t played, he''s been injured.  Well you could say Becchio hasn''t had the game time.  Tbf I don''t see how anybody can FAIRLY judge Becchio on the GAME TIME, which is all we have to go on.  5 minutes here 10 there, means nothing does it?  Not like having a regular 90 minutes week in week out.  None of us can judge him, he hasn''t had the game time.  I may think he''s good, you may think he''s awful, but neither really know.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]If any manager is going to buy a player based on e.g. Championship form, and then makes him probably one of the top earners, without having a damn good idea that he''s going to succeed, has in my book cocked up big time.  Especially when he has shown with other signings, that he is very capable of making very successful signings without paying premium wages.[/quote]His wages are purely speculation though.I repeat, someone has to be 4th choice.Did you see Becchio in the cup game ages ago, or one of his other brief appearances?He looks frankly 4th choice.[/quote]I did, and he did, but many might say the same about RvW, others would say Oh but he hasn''t played, he''s been injured.  Well you could say Becchio hasn''t had the game time.  Tbf I don''t see how anybody can FAIRLY judge Becchio on the GAME TIME, which is all we have to go on.  5 minutes here 10 there, means nothing does it?  Not like having a regular 90 minutes week in week out.  None of us can judge him, he hasn''t had the game time.  I may think he''s good, you may think he''s awful, but neither really know.[/quote]So, how on earth does a manager ever pick a team? Its chicken and egg.A player who is on the fringes has to grab his chances, whether it be in training, or by making the most of the little game time he gets. He has to make it impossible for the manager NOT to pick him, or at least roll the dice and give him a start.Now, you say you saw the cup game, I was there that night too, and it was the perfect chance for Luciano to impress, we were winning the game and cruising. And he was bobbins, he looked like he just couldn''t be bothered. Why should the manager think about starting him, or giving him a chance after that?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Not his fault that Hughton is treating him like crap (from a playing opportunity perspective at least), and forcing him onto the bench instead of actually playing for his money.Let''s also not forget that Becchio WANTED to return to Leeds and our club prevented the move...[/quote]

Oh dear, complete lack of understanding of football here. Even at amateur level football is a meritocracy. Damn right Becchio wasn''t allowed to just leave just because he wanted to go home and didn''t want to play with the big boys any more.

Ok so his move has not worked out but he''s fourth choice striker for good reason and he knows that. The only disgrace is that we''re paying him 30K. He''ll get his move in the summer, perhaps he''ll be lucky enough to go back to Leeds then.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So where do you guys go to find out what wages our players are on? What do you reckon are average wage is? I think the average PL wage is 70k and we would be nowhere near that. The average Man Citeh wage is 100k so I wonder what their top earner is on?? (Do you think we could tempt Micah Richards?) So you folks "in the know" what do you reckon our average wage is?

[/quote]It isn''t its 23k a week. Bowkett revealed it at the AGM.Man City averages 101k per week. Again, out of Bowkett''s mouth.We were also told total player cost is budgeted at £47 million this year. (doesn''t include transfer fees)You need to listen, Nigel.No clues given as to our ave wage.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]He bought him based on what he saw in the Championship. It hasn''t worked out. There isn''t a manager alive that this hasn''t happened to, before you beat "Houghton" with it.[/quote]If any manager is going to buy a player based on e.g. Championship form, and then makes him probably one of the top earners, without having a damn good idea that he''s going to succeed, has in my book cocked up big time.  Especially when he has shown with other signings, that he is very capable of making very successful signings without paying premium wages.[/quote]His wages are purely speculation though.I repeat, someone has to be 4th choice.Did you see Becchio in the cup game ages ago, or one of his other brief appearances?He looks frankly 4th choice.[/quote]I did, and he did, but many might say the same about RvW, others would say Oh but he hasn''t played, he''s been injured.  Well you could say Becchio hasn''t had the game time.  Tbf I don''t see how anybody can FAIRLY judge Becchio on the GAME TIME, which is all we have to go on.  5 minutes here 10 there, means nothing does it?  Not like having a regular 90 minutes week in week out.  None of us can judge him, he hasn''t had the game time.  I may think he''s good, you may think he''s awful, but neither really know.[/quote]So, how on earth does a manager ever pick a team? Its chicken and egg.A player who is on the fringes has to grab his chances, whether it be in training, or by making the most of the little game time he gets. He has to make it impossible for the manager NOT to pick him, or at least roll the dice and give him a start.Now, you say you saw the cup game, I was there that night too, and it was the perfect chance for Luciano to impress, we were winning the game and cruising. And he was bobbins, he looked like he just couldn''t be bothered. Why should the manager think about starting him, or giving him a chance after that?[/quote]Maybe he knows that whatever he does he won''t get picked for the next game anyway.................I don''t know honestly Morty.

I don''t think anyone can really say if he is good enough or not, either through training or game time.

It would seem to me though that if his attitude was bad he would not even be on the bench.

I question Hughton''s tactics when we need to score near the end of the match, like at the Fulham cup game and the game against Utd and he is on the bench why he isn''t brought on. Fulham - I would rather have seen Bechio come on instead of Jacob Murphy. Utd - I wanted to see two strikers trying to get the equaliser not one. In my mind his previous track record, and that he was good enough to be on the bench means he is good enough to be given a chance when no other striker is available. If he isn''t then why have him on the bench in the first place.

[quote user="morty"]And of course this is nothing whatsoever to do with your massive anti Hughton bias?[/quote]I would not have an anti Hughton bias if I thought he was doing his job right. If Becchio is only good enough to be 4th choice striker, and can''t even get a start in League Cup & FA Cup games, when you would have thought it might be worth a gamble just to see if he did have anything to offer, then why are we paying him £30k a week.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]And of course this is nothing whatsoever to do with your massive anti Hughton bias?[/quote]I would not have an anti Hughton bias if I thought he was doing his job right. If Becchio is only good enough to be 4th choice striker, and can''t even get a start in League Cup & FA Cup games, when you would have thought it might be worth a gamble just to see if he did have anything to offer, then why are we paying him £30k a week. [/quote]Are we paying him 30k a week?Whats your source on this?

If he had a bad attitude a manager wouldn''t put him on the bench. If he wasn''t performing well in training a manager wouldn''t put him on the bench.I feel sorry for him as a NCFC player, as, having arrived with 19 goals, he should have been given a fair crack at the whip. Had he played and not done well, we''d have the right to criticise, but when he didn''t get a game, and the likes of Jackson and Kamara were preferred, and failed to score game after game, I cannot see, or understand what you would lose, by giving him a game or too.Even the odd 45 mins come to think of it.But it''s difficult to feel sorry for anyone on £30k a week, when we white collar staff work 365 days a year to earn that, and they get it for 90 mins football a week (well less than that for Becchio!)

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Are we paying him 30k a week? Whats your source on this?[/quote]What''s your source that says we aren''t?[/quote]I never made a claim I can''t substantiate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

sky football

they just make up the numbers and the numpties unquestionably regurgitate them

ps worth noting all the players they will link to us in January - save in the knowledge that their audience has the memory (and brain) of a goldfish and so won''t grasp they are being fed horse sh it

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]he didn''t the board didas they did with others

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]he didn''t the board didas they did with others[/quote]And the manager has no say in signings?  Very funny.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If he was good enough, he''d be playing.[/quote]If he''s not good enough, why did Houghton buy him?[/quote]he didn''t the board didas they did with others[/quote]And the manager has no say in signings?  Very funny.[/quote]stop making up things and reply to what I actually said

ps the funny thing is you believing taht it is still the 1970''spps ask yourself about the R Bennett signing or why it was McNally who flew to Scotland last Jan