Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Morgan Hunt

Anyone remember this chap? Probably of complete non-interest to most but Iv just met an old chap who says he used to have a friend who played for us (before my time), said he played in a semi final and lost to Utd. Thought it might mean something to someone on here  :)

I believe Morgan Marshall Hunt (born 5 March 1931) was a Welsh footballer who played as a half-back. He played for Doncaster Rovers and later managed the club''s ladies outfit.I think Hunt played for Askern Welfare, before joining Peter Doherty''s Doncaster Rovers in 1953. The club finished 12th in the Second Division in 1953–54. The Belle Vue outfit finished 18th in 1954–55, 17th in 1955–56, and 14th in 1956–57, before suffering relegation in last place in 1957–58. He spent the 1958–59 campaign at Norwich City, playing seven games as the "Canaries" finished two places and four points off the Third Division promotion places. He joined Norman Low''s Port Vale for a four-figure fee in July 1959.[1] Despite the money spent acquiring him, he only played two Third Division games for the club before being released at the end of the season.[1] He later played for Boston United in the Southern League, before returning to old club Askern Welfare as the player-manager. Hunt went on to manage Doncaster Rovers Belles L.F.C. for the 1979–80 season.But that''s all I can recall off the top of my Google...Wiki.... I mean head.

Well, Nutty, I have always said my memory is nothing to write home about but this thread ( and your shortcut ) did have me puzzled.

I was at that game and I do remember Morgan Hunt but the thing that has me puzzled is, if the photograph in the article was from that game, I don''t remember Ilford Town colours that way. My memory tells me they had blue and white hoops. Perhaps I''m confusing it with another non-league team though.