Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Liam Bridcutt....

Apparently handed in a transfer request hoping to join Sunderland . Having seen his name posted on here before perhaps now could be the time to make a move !!

In my opinion we should be looking better player. Too one sided and already 24 years and does not even get games in scottish national team.

I personaly think Johnson as better player and Tettey quite much better player as defensive midfielders and Fer - Howson - Hoolahan are better ball players than him.

So no from me.

i''ve seen him a few times at Brighton and reckon he''s pretty decent, seems likely to be in the PL one day.

I have to say that claiming he is one sided as a negative and then mentioning Wes, also very one-sided, is interesting as that doesn''t seem to be a negative for Wes with those who are wetting their pants at the thought of him leaving.

If we were to buy midfielders from the championship I would prefer to go for Tom Ince. I believe he could play behind a striker as well as out wide as he usually does. If he moves this January I really hope we do all we can to try and get him.

Why do we need to replace Tettey again?

Also, I was sure Brighton players hated Poyet, or am I making that up.

Why do some supporters not learn, we signed Butterfield with everyone spounting on how good he was. Birdcutt would only ever be another bench warmer, yes I have only seen a few Brighton games on TV, but he''s never really impressed me to the point of saying wow he could replace Tettey!

I tend to agree with others, we have better options at the club already and should be looking at higher class players than him.

Anyhow, not sure a midfielder is priority at the mo, surely a CB & attacker are required.

[quote user="Nicko"]Why do we need to replace Tettey again? Also, I was sure Brighton players hated Poyet, or am I making that up.[/quote]

Because Tettey is always injured - this is the 4th season in a row he has suffered from a prolonged spell on the sidelines.

Poyet is a bit of a marmite figure - some of his former players hate him, some love him. I feel Bridcutt is in the latter camp (along with Elliott Bennett).

Bridcutt and Tettey are similar players and personally I would say Bridcutt being the better player but not by much. Not to much of an upgrade on what we already have.... Would much rather see someone come in who is an upgrade on what we already have.