Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

FAO: David Fox & Wesley Hoolahan

You will both forever have the gratitude of this Norwich fan and many others, easily right up there with the most talented players that we have had in my 23 years of support.

It was a true pleasure watching you both. David Fox you rank right up there with Hoolahan and Holt with me as a club legend, your performances for two seasons brought me so much joy as a city fan.

Two of the most talented and yet underrated players I''ve ever seen in the yellow and green in an ''industry'' which has a canny knack of massively overrating mediocre players. Some of whom we are signing for big money right now, falling into that trap and buying into the hype. It might bring shirt sales, it isn''t bringing entertainment.

But do yourselves a favour, both of you. Go and play football somewhere, anywhere, immediately. If you don''t you will look back with regret.

The career of a footballer is very short, and both of you are approaching the end. Don''t waste it at this club, you will regret staying even for another half a season.

We don''t deserve you, Hughton doesn''t deserve you, and we are going backwards. There are still teams out there that get the ball down and try and play exciting football, many of us know how you could excel in those teams. You might have to look in the league below, but who cares - that''s where football is still fun.

It doesn''t matter what league it is in, just go and enjoy your final two or three years. You are a long time retired. Just remember how much you used to enjoy your football and go and enjoy it again for your final few years.

Thank you for giving me the most enjoyable two or three years that I have ever experienced and will probably ever experience as a Norwich fan, and good luck.

Your inability to see genius when it smacks you in the face Morty is not my failing.

Fox and Hoolahan possess genius, and we were very lucky to experience it.

Wow you obviously not followed City long! I remember many better years under Brown, Walker, Stringer with European footy, cup runs, winning league cup, Wembeley days out!

Still to thank players who are still here and done a good job is nice !

[quote user="Le Juge"]Your inability to see genius when it smacks you in the face Morty is not my failing.

Fox and Hoolahan possess genius, and we were very lucky to experience it.[/quote]Lovely touch saying they should both move on.Who do you support again?

"Wow you obviously not followed City long!"

The clue might have been in the OP, where I said 23 years. The cup win was 29 years ago.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Wow you obviously not followed City long!" The clue might have been in the OP, where I said 23 years. The cup win was 29 years ago.[/quote]

Yep but the 3rd place in 93, European adventure and so on was less than 23 years ago!

I think you need a big hug from all us on here!!!! This club is fa from dead and will be here with far better players than Fox & Wes in the future!

Now have a cup of tea and cheer up ;-)

The fox loving is perhaps a little OT, but I agree with regards to Hoolahan. Some of the stick he''s had from supporters over the years has been ridiculous. He was idolised at Blackpool yet at Norwich so many people have constantly focused on his negatives and failed to appreciate that he is one of the most gifted players to play for Norwich in recent years.

So in that regard I feel that wes deserves better than Hughton and to some extent, Norwich fans.

I make no attempts to hide the fact I''m a little in love with Wes. Absolutely love watching him play. And if he leaves I''ll be sure to follow the remainder of his career.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]The fox loving is perhaps a little OT, but I agree with regards to Hoolahan. Some of the stick he''s had from supporters over the years has been ridiculous. He was idolised at Blackpool yet at Norwich so many people have constantly focused on his negatives and failed to appreciate that he is one of the most gifted players to play for Norwich in recent years.

So in that regard I feel that wes deserves better than Hughton and to some extent, Norwich fans.

I make no attempts to hide the fact I''m a little in love with Wes. Absolutely love watching him play. And if he leaves I''ll be sure to follow the remainder of his career.[/quote]

But Wes is a modern day Norwich legend Lincs, it''s a small minority you speak of.

I''m still shocked by Matt Juler telling Ricky on Twitter to leave City and now this!

When in God''s name did it become acceptable for fans of our club to advise players to leave when the Club not the player is not good enough? It''s outrageous and totally unacceptable.

Le Judge is definitely having a breakdown. Or is a teenage girl. Either way I''ll get moaned at now for ''talking to'' him/her.

The club is dead to you? Pretty poor ''supporter'' in the first place. Don''t deserve to support this club if that''s you''re attitude.

Fox has so much talent, he was only wanted by Barnsley who are currently bottom of the Championship and a manager who is now in charge of the 18th placed team in League 2.

Hoolahan has undoubted quality, however Fox struggles at this level because the amount of high pressing in the Premier League means he does not have the time to pick passes successfully as he may do in lower-tempo competitions, such as the FA Cup or Championship.

Wow. Not a Hughton fan myself but, wow. Players and managers come and go. The club is who we support surely?

I can understand looking feeling a little nostalgic. I too was looking for highlights from the cup game on youtube the other night, and kept clicking ob video suggestions. I found myself watching the 2 games against the binders in the promotion season, the scunthorpe 6-0 win, derby and portsmouth games with the radio norfolk commentary.

Sometimes its nice to look back with fondness, and I realised that even during those seasons there were the odd disappointments but you forget all that when you look back, and only really remember the good times.

Like Holty, nothing can change the fact that these 2 played for us in a time that will only be remembered as great and successful. They will forever be a part of City history. Unfortunately your post is a little OTT. I don''t wish us to be back in the championship, but I have to admit I miss the feeling of going into a game with the expectation and realistic mindset that we should win it.

But thats the way it is. Premiership and win less, or demotion and MAYBE win more. It''s a no brainer to want to be where we are, as if we truly wanted to be in the championship to be a winning week in week out team again, we''d just end up back in the Prem as we have and did 3 seasons ago. So theres no contest, I''d want us to be where we are now.