Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Footballing Twins

I read the article on brothers who had played for Norwich. But I think Josh and Jacob are the first twins. Have there been many cases in English football of twins playing for the same club? Fabio and Rafael at Man Utd spring to mind. And I remember from way back when Roger and Ian Morgan playing for QPR. There must be more though...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I read the article on brothers who had played for Norwich. But I think Josh and Jacob are the first twins. Have there been many cases in English football of twins playing for the same club? Fabio and Rafael at Man Utd spring to mind. And I remember from way back when Roger and Ian Morgan playing for QPR. There must be more though...

[/quote]Not in England, but there was the instance of Gianfranco and Gorgon Zola, who appeared for Napoli at the same time early on in their careers. They had to wear different coloured Alice Bands so the manager could tell them apart.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]I recall Paul Fletcher at Luton had a twin. I think his name was Ron.[/quote]Futcher![:$][/quote]That''s the ones, a lot of water has flowed under Trowse bridge in the last 40 years.[:D]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]What about those twins off the market?[/quote]

haha ,,, does the puppet man have one too ?

bobby and jack Charlton ?

Brian and Michael had a hit with ''Matchstailk men and matchstalk cat & dogs''.

Swansea only seem to sign tall players that are very thin.

Makes you think.