Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Am I alone in being happy to see 1.5 million for Wes?

Sorry to say, but a player who is in his twighlight, heas one good game in 5 and not a regular when Fer, Howson, Johnson, Tettey are fit......I would consider anything above 1.5 million a good deal.

Wes has been superb for us and I really like him as a player on his day he can unlock any defence, but is he a luxury City cannot afford to play every week? Could this money be put towards a better younger model?

" Could this money be put towards a better younger model?"

Only if we have a spare £13.5 million laying around to add to it.

If Hoolahan is sold for any less than £4m this January, or for any amount to Aston Villa, I''m not going to Carrow Road again until Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope are no longer at the club.

And I mean that.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If Hoolahan is sold for any less than £4m this January, or for any amount to Aston Villa, I''m not going to Carrow Road again until Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope are no longer at the club.

And I mean that.[/quote]

Don''t forget Mcnally

A 31 year old, in the decline with some pretty glaring faults in his game is not going to go for £4m. You''re in a dream world.

"splutcho"Also, if you''re a season ticket holder, and that happens, can I have your ticket?

:-)

Worth a try.

"A 31 year old, in the decline with some pretty glaring faults in his game is not going to go for £4m. You''re in a dream world"

Sure, and if you read between the lines that means that I don''t want him gone under any circumstances.

A lot of people on here were trying to convince me that it would be fine to spend £8.5m on an Italian of similar age in the summer though. I thought it was a stupid price.

31 is not particularly old, £1.5m is peanuts.

I don''t want Hughton making any more decisions on players incoming our outgoing. I want a new manager.

And then I want that new manager to make the decisions on which players come and go.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]4-6 £M !!!!!! HA HA!!!, he''s 31 !!! and he''s not robert pires!![/quote]Its Villa you nonceHA HA HA HA

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 04/01/2014 7:56 PM:

4-6 £M !!!!!! HA HA!!!, he''s 31 !!! and he''s not robert pires!!

But why would we sell him for anything less than an inflated figure? We don''t need the money and 1.5 million is about 1 or 2 league places difference in prize money.

Not very nice ...calling someone , that you dont know, a nonce.... thats a non football related insult. i said earlier , not to villa.

"But why would we sell him for anything less than an inflated figure?"

Exactly.

There is the price that people ask when they want to get rid of somebody.

And there is the price that people ask if they don''t want to get rid of somebody.

And if we let him go for £1.5m that means he is surplus to requirements.

In my opinion he is still a valuable player for us, and letting him go would be stupid unless we get offered stupid money.

£4m is stupid money.

If we can get £2m for a clapped out 32 year old Grant Holt then why the hell would the price for a Hoolahan capable of playing like he did against Man Utd the other day be £1.5m?

Twice as good as Holt = £4m.

Simple.

Please read my earlier comments on Wes, i wouldnt sell him at all unless we had a better replacement. Either way, we wont get 4-6 £m for him.

Fair deal, January is always over inflated though mate. Just look at Andy Caroll and Torres, has to be the most expensive dross ever to exchange hands.Wes prob worth about 2m.Shift him for double that, if its Villa, tripple.

The way to retain a player is to value him at a price higher than other teams would be willing to pay.

There would be plenty of teams who would jump at the chance to sign Hoolahan for £1.5m.

That''s why we ask for £5m, so they piss off and leave our players alone. Get it?

He looks a great player but is a bit of a luxury when most of what he does doesn''t really improve an attack.

Most of the time he just looks good prancing about with the ball at his feet close to the opposition without actually then playing a decent forward ball.

I''d be happy to sell and invest in another player.

[quote user="Crispy"]He looks a great player but is a bit of a luxury when most of what he does doesn''t really improve an attack.

Most of the time he just looks good prancing about with the ball at his feet close to the opposition without actually then playing a decent forward ball.

I''d be happy to sell and invest in another player.[/quote]Thats unfair :(He was pretty hopeless at the start of the Hoots tenure, but he was superb against Manure

We get, what, 80 million quid if we stay up?
So if wes can help us win one or two games then he is worth more than 1.5 mil to us.
For that reason, he is worth keeping.

Clearly a lot of people over rate Hoolahan...but it''s their opinion and I''m happy to hear and add to it. On one hand he can prob play another season after this in the prem after that its dropping back down the leagues. So you either cash out now or wait for less money in a years time or don''t renew his contract?

I would take £2m to £2.5m

On the ball mighty yellow supporters!!

I despair at some of the comments here. Yeah just get rid of wes and we''ll get someone better.

People who fail to see how good wes still is are mentally retarded. He has been our best player whenever he has played. Against man utd he was brilliant. £1.5million would never get a player capable of that type of performance. Wake up!! If we lose wes we have zero creativity. We should be putting pressure on Hughton to play him.

He''s lay off to Hooper against palace has already proved important a couple of more of those will go a big way to keeping us up. I still think he creates to much of a selection problem for a good player rather than a great one, but would def not sell in jan transfer window.

Could be a long wait LJ.

At 31 cannot see anyone paying 4million for Wes. But with only just over a year left on his contract, I can see city selling.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I despair at some of the comments here. Yeah just get rid of wes and we''ll get someone better.

People who fail to see how good wes still is are mentally retarded. He has been our best player whenever he has played. Against man utd he was brilliant. £1.5million would never get a player capable of that type of performance. Wake up!! If we lose wes we have zero creativity. We should be putting pressure on Hughton to play him.[/quote]No one better in years but the all have a shelf life. To ignore that is burying your head in the sand. We need a new playmaker for the long term and Wes can''t fit that role.There comes a time when you have to make that decision. Better earlier when you can still get some money than later when he can walk for free.Someone has to make that decision, it''s hard and he will no doubt take some flack but the time is quickly coming when it will be necessary.

Think we need to keep hold of all our players at the moment. when the new manager comes in he can then hopefully play some decent football with a very strong squad which is being made to look very ordinary at the minute. I think hoots should not be left to decide on our players futures especially after watching the treatment of some of our squad. You won''t get wes back once he''s gone so let our new man decide that. (Wishful thinking a new manager I guess)