£750k bid for Wes from Villa...

"Hello norwich city"

"Hello its aston villa here... we want to buy hoolahan, £750,000

"Paaaaaahahahahaha" *click*

"Hello...Norwich??? Are you still there??"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"Hello norwich city"

"Hello its aston villa here... we want to buy hoolahan, £750,000

"Paaaaaahahahahaha" *click*

"Hello...Norwich??? Are you still there??"[/quote]Not a great situation for us if Wes has asked for a transfer. It would certainly explain his mystery ''injury'' for the cup game last weekend.

Aston Villa, what a joke club. Can''t even afford £1 million for a player.Such a big big club you went to Mr Lambert.[:D]

Wow for a so called big club, Villa have a distinct lack of class. Basically doing their business in the media to try and engineer a deal on the cheap, pathetic.

Self evidently, a lot of you on here don''t understand how the art of negotiation even works.Start off with a very low offer to test the water, then work upwards and meet somewhere in the middle. Simples. So this is just the very first opening gambit in this saga. Norwich City have done the self same thing countless times, so lets not get all uppity about this ?What is of far more interest to me (or at least will be) is the clarification of whether Wes has actually put in a transfer request or not. If he has, expect him to be a Villa player by this time next week. If not, then we shall see.....

And of course it doesn''t have to be Villa - several other Clubs may well be interested, especially after his performance versus Man U so I wouldn''t rule out someone else getting interested.

This thread shows up the stinking attitude of some ''fans'' at the moment. EDP and Mick Dennis both reporting no transfer request and bid rejected, but some of you can''t help but think it''s all lies and ''Hughton''s fault'' - it is pathetic.

If we had a replacement lined up, I could understand a deal being reached, but it''s got to be at least double that figure!

On his day Wes is more than a million pound player - and I think he''s still got some part to play here yet

[quote user="AJ"]If we had a replacement lined up, I could understand a deal being reached, but it''s got to be at least double that figure!

On his day Wes is more than a million pound player - and I think he''s still got some part to play here yet[/quote]A fair point AJ. On your final point...time will tell, but I guess we are all assuming that there is no replacement lined up. Why are we doing that....for all we know, CH has just the man in mind. I''ve been a critic of Hughton in many respects, but as for his style and dealing strategy in the transfer market is not one of them. In that regard he''s been exemplary. Let''s just see how this pans out. There are still 23 days of January left !

If Wes went and we brought Zaha in i would be happy

Just dont sell him to villa.

Im sure all this is his agent trying to get more clubs interested and aware of the situation.

City will sell im sure, but not to villa. Am equally sure

[quote user="ncfcstar"]This thread shows up the stinking attitude of some ''fans'' at the moment. EDP and Mick Dennis both reporting no transfer request and bid rejected, but some of you can''t help but think it''s all lies and ''Hughton''s fault'' - it is pathetic.[/quote]IF (and that''s a BIG if) there is any truth to the suggestion that he''s not happy and has asked for a request, I''d have to argue that a large part of that probably IS Hughton''s fault.It''s the manager who''s choosing NOT to play him, the manager who is unwilling to play a more creative player like Wes or Fox despite us struggling to provide service to our strikers and actually score goals, so it''s not a big stretch to understand why those players may well want to move elsewhere is it?To our knowledge (which is limited I agree), we''ve never heard rumours about Wes being unhappy here before, but first we had club legend Holt who''d clearly had enough of playing under CH, and now it''s apparently club legend Hoolahan...How many more will be potentially be added to this list by the end of CH''s tenure???

There may (indeed probably IS) something in what you say Indy, but the fact remains that we can only go with what we''ve got, and, for better or worse, CH is the manager, and therefore we must run with his take on things. We have little or no choice. My  view remains that we are not the sort of club who can afford the luxury of paying players to come on for a few minutes once in a blue moon.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]There may (indeed probably IS) something in what you say Indy, but the fact remains that we can only go with what we''ve got, and, for better or worse, CH is the manager, and therefore we must run with his take on things. We have little or no choice. My  view remains that we are not the sort of club who can afford the luxury of paying players to come on for a few minutes once in a blue moon.[/quote]

In this case we can and we should rather than sell him to them. The money on offer is not worth strengthening a rival and weakening our own hand in one fell swoop.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

To our knowledge (which is limited I agree), we''ve never heard rumours about Wes being unhappy here before

[/quote]

Unhappy, no. Frustrated however....

He isn''t going, at least not for a comfortable amount and a better replacement lined up.... But that''s beside the point.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]This thread shows up the stinking attitude of some ''fans'' at the moment. EDP and Mick Dennis both reporting no transfer request and bid rejected, but some of you can''t help but think it''s all lies and ''Hughton''s fault'' - it is pathetic.[/quote]So when are you expecting Hoolahan to come out & say that he''s perfectly happy here, he wants to stay and it''s all been a complete misunderstanding?

How about 1.5m for agbonlahor and weimann and we''ll throw Becchio in as a sweetener.

Do not really buy this "we must not sell him to Lambert/Villa " stuff. Sure the whole departure of PL left a sour taste for a while, but their money is as good as anyone else''s, and if they put in a good bid (better than 750 k !) it''ll be the money that ultimately does the talking.As for selling to one of our rivals....well, one of the top clubs is not going to be interested in Wes, so, unless he is prepared to drop down to the Championship (unlikely), then whoever we sell him to (if indeed we do sell) is going to fit into the category of "one of our rivals", surely ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Do not really buy this "we must not sell him to Lambert/Villa " stuff. Sure the whole departure of PL left a sour taste for a while, but their money is as good as anyone else''s, and if they put in a good bid (better than 750 k !) it''ll be the money that ultimately does the talking.As for selling to one of our rivals....well, one of the top clubs is not going to be interested in Wes, so, unless he is prepared to drop down to the Championship (unlikely), then whoever we sell him to (if indeed we do sell) is going to fit into the category of "one of our rivals", surely ?[/quote]

Point is that we should not be selling unless someone offers us stupid money. And how ever you try and dress it up selling to Villa is worse in my eyes than others. The thought of us going to Villa Park later this season and having Wes run rings around us whilst we try and play out a draw makes me feel sick.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ncfcstar"]This thread shows up the stinking attitude of some ''fans'' at the moment. EDP and Mick Dennis both reporting no transfer request and bid rejected, but some of you can''t help but think it''s all lies and ''Hughton''s fault'' - it is pathetic.[/quote]So when are you expecting Hoolahan to come out & say that he''s perfectly happy here, he wants to stay and it''s all been a complete misunderstanding?[/quote]No need for him to do that if it''s all lies is there.  How often have you seen Wes give an interview in his time here?  He''s obviously a private person so why should he change now?Why the constant need for players/the board/the manager to make statements?!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ncfcstar"]This thread shows up the stinking attitude of some ''fans'' at the moment. EDP and Mick Dennis both reporting no transfer request and bid rejected, but some of you can''t help but think it''s all lies and ''Hughton''s fault'' - it is pathetic.[/quote]IF (and that''s a BIG if) there is any truth to the suggestion that he''s not happy and has asked for a request, I''d have to argue that a large part of that probably IS Hughton''s fault.It''s the manager who''s choosing NOT to play him, the manager who is unwilling to play a more creative player like Wes or Fox despite us struggling to provide service to our strikers and actually score goals, so it''s not a big stretch to understand why those players may well want to move elsewhere is it?To our knowledge (which is limited I agree), we''ve never heard rumours about Wes being unhappy here before, but first we had club legend Holt who''d clearly had enough of playing under CH, and now it''s apparently club legend Hoolahan...How many more will be potentially be added to this list by the end of CH''s tenure???[/quote]Exactly Indy, IF.  Why believe the nationals who have no link to the club rather than Mick Dennis who is very good friends with Delia or Michael Bailey from the EDP?Hughton was proved right with Holt, he''s gone to Wigan and done absolutely nothing.  Wes is apparently unhappy yet he has started the last two league games and played as many games under Hughton last season as he did under Lambert in the PL.  But as per usual, Hughton is to blame....

[quote user="Jim Smith"][

Point is that we should not be selling unless someone offers us stupid money. And how ever you try and dress it up selling to Villa is worse in my eyes than others. The thought of us going to Villa Park later this season and having Wes run rings around us whilst we try and play out a draw makes me feel sick.[/quote]Precisely my point, Jim. Don''t know what you mean by "stupid money". Like any commodity, football players have a market value, and that applies to Hoolahan, like anyone else. I''m not "dressing anything up". Just saying it like it is. Because the market price exists, the people will be prepared to pay according to their needs. And if that happens to be Villa, then so be it. Nothing we can do about it, I''m afraid.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

To our knowledge (which is limited I agree), we''ve never heard rumours about Wes being unhappy here before

[/quote]

[/quote]Its something players in the Premier League have to live with. Were he to go to Villa, i can guarantee he would probably only start half the games. He wasn''t even a regular under Lambert here in 2012.

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its something players in the Premier League have to live with.

Were he to go to Villa, i can guarantee he would probably only start half the games. He wasn''t even a regular under Lambert here in 2012.
[/quote]

I don''t think his frustrations were down to minutes on the pitch.

Everyone can happily speculate away about whether Hoolahan is happy or unhappy with the manager and his role in the team (although he''s played in just under 50% of Premier League games so far this season).

The big thing will be he is contracted to Norwich until he''s 33 and is unlikely to be offered a new deal - if he can move to Villa his agent should be able to get him a 2 and a half year deal until 2015, that''s another year of Premier League wages under his belt. Towards the end of their careers players start to make decisions based on contract length and wages so for me it seems a no-brainer for him to want to go to Villa. Whether he wants to go enough to hand in a transfer request or stamp his tiny feet (probably foot as he isn''t so great with his right one) is another question.

Norwich haven''t been forced to sell any player they didn''t want to sell since the relegation to League One and I can''t see why they would suddenly start now. Hughton wouldn''t allow Becchio to go as he is needed for cover - and that''s a player who doesn''t always make it onto the bench. If Hughton does rate a player they don''t feature at all - look at Fox, Surman, Ayala, Butterfield, Barnett etc.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I live the irony of some people moaning about a low bid.

We are the masters of doing it.[/quote]Theres low, and theres derisory.And comparing it to Hooper, well it just doesn''t compare really.There was no bad feeling between us and Celtic, and they weren''t a rival in our own league.

[quote user="morty"][There was no bad feeling between us and Celtic, and they weren''t a rival in our own league.

[/quote]Sorry, Morty,perhaps I''m missing something here, but please explain just what all the "forbidden to sell to another rival in our league " stuff is all about .I just don''t get it. Liverpool sell to Everton, Arsenal to Man U/Man City, even Spurs to Arsenal for gawds sake.If you had a car to sell, would you refuse to sell it to someone else in your street ?If Wes wants to leave and if Villa come up with the asking price , precisely what is the problem, as you see it ?