Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

£750k bid for Wes from Villa...

Mick Dennis, Twitter: "Can''t find it on @Daily_Express site, but #avfc bid just £750k for Hoolahan. #ncfc won''t even talk to them. Wes told You stay. Won''t sell."

We hold the cards with Wes, he is contracted for 18 months, so we could put him out to the reserves if we chose but hopefully nothing daft like that will happen. Villa are just showing what a real bunch of complete a-holes they are.

This seems to have blown up in Villa''s face. What could have been slightly destabilising to Hughton has gone the other way. Rather amusing at the moment.

Now, where''s Le Juge? Maybe a bit early to take the pee.

I''m watching the replies come in on twitter from villa fans. Ranges from "lambert out" to "this is a conspiracy to smear villas name" hilarious!

Mick Dennis- "Bid was £750K now, or £1m in instalments. #ncfc refused to discuss. Wes told: We need u. U have 18 months left on contract. U stay. He will"

Right attitude from the board, why would we even consider helping out a relegation rival for such a derisory offer anyway!

Lets raise the stakes , bid for Benteke £28 a box of stella and left over cashews and quality street from xmas .

If I was McNally, I would want to see at least 2.5 on the table before I even talk.

I wonder which one of the Villa board disclosed the actual (supposed) bid to the media, unless of course it is an agent simply trying to stir the pot (and the dimwits daft enough to swallow it)if the later then it is no more than the usual made up media guffif it is the former then did that board member do so with the consent of the rest of the board

my money is on the latter

[quote user="morty"]The Telegraph says Wes told team mates he''d never play for Norwich again.[/quote]No smoke without fire - Talksport reported similar player unrest a few days ago & the Telegraph is usually pretty reliable.Hoolahan is obviously unhappy & sounds to me like there''s been a bust up with Hughton - hence Hughton in denial on Saturday.Even if he stays, which I doubt if the money is right, it looks like he''s had enough so he''ll hardly be up for a relegation battle.

To be fair I can see why he would want to go, he has finally broken into the Ireland side only to see his Norwich place lost. He is not young anymore so the chance for one last payday plus a few Caps to hang in the mansion......

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]The Telegraph says Wes told team mates he''d never play for Norwich again.[/quote]No smoke without fire - Talksport reported similar player unrest a few days ago & the Telegraph is usually pretty reliable.Hoolahan is obviously unhappy & sounds to me like there''s been a bust up with Hughton - hence Hughton in denial on Saturday.Even if he stays, which I doubt if the money is right, it looks like he''s had enough so he''ll hardly be up for a relegation battle.

[/quote]Probably all Hughton''s fault[Y]

All my opinion, as we''re not talking millions here and it''s rather low figures on Prem standards.  We could easily sweat this out and make sure Wes is not sold on the cheap.  750k, 1.5m 2.5m it''s sod all really.  For those figures NcNally isn''t going to let Villa try to bully us into a quick deal.

All my opinion, as we''re not talking millions here and it''s rather low figures on Prem standards.  We could easily sweat this out and make sure Wes is not sold on the cheap.  750k, 1.5m 2.5m it''s sod all really.  For those figures NcNally isn''t going to let Villa try to bully us into a quick deal..

It does seem some in the press are still reporting that a transfer request has been handed in to ''force the move'' and/or that he''s said he''ll never play for us again. All paper talk I''m sure, but IMO (assuming there is no clause to activate) we''d put Wes out in the reserves or on gardening leave in preference to selling him to Villa in this Window.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]The Telegraph says Wes told team mates he''d never play for Norwich again.[/quote]No smoke without fire - Talksport reported similar player unrest a few days ago & the Telegraph is usually pretty reliable.Hoolahan is obviously unhappy & sounds to me like there''s been a bust up with Hughton - hence Hughton in denial on Saturday.Even if he stays, which I doubt if the money is right, it looks like he''s had enough so he''ll hardly be up for a relegation battle.

[/quote]

My god you talk $hite, absolute $hite

how can you continue to post such rubbish day in day out?

Cant see a creative player as Wes happy under CH. He is the most boring inpredictable defensive manager there is and I guess Wes had enough just like Holt.

For those confused that Mic is going against the flow of other reports, remember he is is chair of the supporters trust, great friends with Delia and has other great connections at the club.

He also does not come out with bizarre rumours, usually all very measured stuff from him.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]We hold the cards with Wes, he is contracted for 18 months, so we could put him out to the reserves if we chose but hopefully nothing daft like that will happen. Villa are just showing what a real bunch of complete a-holes they are.[/quote]you mean just like we ourselves are when we offer insulting amounts for players?its called business

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]The Telegraph says Wes told team mates he''d never play for Norwich again.[/quote]No smoke without fire - Talksport reported similar player unrest a few days ago & the Telegraph is usually pretty reliable.Hoolahan is obviously unhappy & sounds to me like there''s been a bust up with Hughton - hence Hughton in denial on Saturday.Even if he stays, which I doubt if the money is right, it looks like he''s had enough so he''ll hardly be up for a relegation battle.

[/quote]Probably all Hughton''s fault[Y][/quote]definitely Hughtons fault...Hughton Out!

It is Hughton''s fault because he has p**sed off one of our best and most talented players who should have played a lot more and effectively driven him into the arms of Lambert. Its the same as the Holt situation. Players may tolerate Hughton but it does not seem that many attacking players really enjoy playing under him.

Our retort via Dennis (which clearly has been fed to him by the club) also is hardly a "he''s not for sale" response. "Almost insulting", "won''t speak to them til after the tribunal...."

It feels to me like Hughton has indicated that he will sell if the price is right and that Wes wants to go but we are struggling to know how to handle it given that its Villa and the offer they have made is pathetic.

My own view is that IF he does put in a transfer request or their is any truth in these stories in the Birmingham Mail or the Mirror then we should reject any offers and put him in the U21s for the rest of the season. We don;t need the money and we should not let odious t**ts like Villa manipulate us like this and be able to unsettle our players by offering derisory amounts of money for our players.