Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

The number 36!

I don''t know the reason why Ashton chose the number 36 (I assume he did) but there would be a nice symmetry at the end of the season if we could beat Fulham to get to the 36 points we need - curious eh? Well a bit anyway! I know Ashton has not been single-handed in changing City''s course but for me he''s been the most influential factor (not forgetting Mackenzie&nbsp and another goal at Craven Cottage (preferably the first goal) will help him to top scorer this season! I''d also personally love to see Jonson score (on for last 10 minutes up front) for a Makelele moment!

Anyway, not to get carried away - my optimism will fade as the week progresses and the nerves start to bite - and I have to say I''m proud of the way posters here are keeping a sense of realism - I felt strongly prior to the Birmingham game (and after its now over it seems with good reason) that we had to be wary and not too gung-ho. I do feel the collective ''worrying'' of all posters produces a kind of protective effect - and apologies to people who feel I''m mad - there it is though. I recall Chelsea fans bragging about how they''d turn Liverpool over and the rest as they say is history. City supporters have rarely been like that.

Not sure if anyone else has a take on 36 - would be interesting to find other correlations (where is that maths bloke??). For me I''ve been an active supporter since I was 9 (and that was 1969) and you''ve guessed it - that was 36 years ago!

steady on, now''s (really) your chance...

Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed that the Brum also had a No 36 yesterday.Can''t think who but at the time thought that it must have been the first time 2 No''s 36 on at the same time in the prem.Maybe another sign !!

I''d also like Jonson to get a goal, but I''d love to see Helveg sneak one in.

This is no lie... at the start of the season me and a friend put Wins, drwas and losses next to every game this season, tallied them up and see what we got. I actually predicted us to get 36 points, but thought that it wouldn''t be enough to keep us up but looks like if we reach that figure we will be playing Premiership football again next season...should have put a few quid on it...OTBC

Traditionally the main centre forward would wear the number 9. Since Jonson now has that number (and the old days where the team lined up 1-11 regardless of who played are long gone) he has chosen 36 becaue 3+6 = 9.

It is quite common for that to happen these days where a striker is bought who can''t have the number 9 shirt.

[quote]This is no lie... at the start of the season me and a friend put Wins, drwas and losses next to every game this season, tallied them up and see what we got. I actually predicted us to get 36 points ,...[/quote]

36 points WILL be enough to stay up. WE WILL do it!!!! OTBC

[quote]Traditionally the main centre forward would wear the number 9. Since Jonson now has that number (and the old days where the team lined up 1-11 regardless of who played are long gone) he has chosen 36 ...[/quote]

Tumbleweed, as much as your solution is sensible Ashton chose 36 because that was his first number as a professional at crewe. He told me himself when i asked him at his home debut before kick off vs boro. Anyway he had the number 10 at crewe before signing for us and my guess is that he''ll take that next season with bents taking number 7 if he stays.