Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Hoolahan wants out (according to Talksport)

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Wes has made it clear to the club that he wants to leave. This is now a fact.[/quote]

Well at least its now fact, and not just something unconfirmed anywhere - like all you fellows who don''t deal in untruths and rumour, I hate that.  YellowNets, would you be so kind as to provide the source for this fact, as I''d quite like to explore the provenance myself, cheers old chap.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Wes has made it clear to the club that he wants to leave. This is now a fact.[/quote]Source?

To be honest mate, whatever the name of my source I imagine your reply would''ve been similar. Not saying Wes will leave. He just wants to. LOL <<< ironic. I''m not 15.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]To be honest mate, whatever the name of my source I imagine your reply would''ve been similar. Not saying Wes will leave. He just wants to. LOL <<< ironic. I''m not 15.[/quote]I perhaps wrongly assumed that Wes had said himself that he wants to leave, rather than just some hack journo filling column inches.No, Wes isn''t saying he wants to leave at all, is he?

You really are a stickler for tha facts aintya Morty ? ....I''m with you on this.Many a Newspaper like the Sun could do with a few facts. Hoolahan Happy at Norwich....not much of a story for a redtop. Also Irish radio ( not always devoid of facts) has gone v quiet re Wes.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]You really are a stickler for tha facts aintya Morty ? ....I''m with you on this.Many a Newspaper like the Sun could do with a few facts. Hoolahan Happy at Norwich....not much of a story for a redtop. Also Irish radio ( not always devoid of facts) has gone v quiet re Wes.[/quote]Newspapers need something to write headlines about, and ex managers of clubs going back to try and signs fans favourites stirs up a nice juicy story.Has Lambert actually been quoted that he''s going to make a bid?I hate stuff like this, because what can actually just start as a silly rumour can actually get players and agents thinking.

And I wouldn''t rule out Lambert playing a few silly mind games with McNally either.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]To be honest mate, whatever the name of my source I imagine your reply would''ve been similar. Not saying Wes will leave. He just wants to. LOL <<< ironic. I''m not 15.[/quote]

I perhaps wrongly assumed that Wes had said himself that he wants to leave, rather than just some hack journo filling column inches.

No, Wes isn''t saying he wants to leave at all, is he?
[/quote]

On the flip side, has Wes come out and said he wants to stay? How do anyone of us know what the heck is going on, but we rely on press reports and club statments! None of us are any different.

Rumour is he''s not happy and good thing he''s not, any player not getting a regular start should be unhappy. They should also do something about it with form! Unfortunatly Wes has one good game and then is rubbish the next 5.

Personally I don''t give a hoot if Wes is here or not come the end of January not a key player as some on here appear to think, Pant Wetters! :-)

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Charlie Wyatt - The Sun[/quote]

Ha! Charlie is a nice guy but hasn''t got any great insight or sources in the club. He is speculating as much as everyone else.

To say it is a fact because Charlie Wyett has said so is stretching things.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]To be honest mate, whatever the name of my source I imagine your reply would''ve been similar. Not saying Wes will leave. He just wants to. LOL <<< ironic. I''m not 15.[/quote]I perhaps wrongly assumed that Wes had said himself that he wants to leave, rather than just some hack journo filling column inches.No, Wes isn''t saying he wants to leave at all, is he?[/quote]

On the flip side, has Wes come out and said he wants to stay? How do anyone of us know what the heck is going on, but we rely on press reports and club statments! None of us are any different.

Rumour is he''s not happy and good thing he''s not, any player not getting a regular start should be unhappy. They should also do something about it with form! Unfortunatly Wes has one good game and then is rubbish the next 5.

Personally I don''t give a hoot if Wes is here or not come the end of January not a key player as some on here appear to think, Pant Wetters! :-)

[/quote]So, should the full squad also come out and say they are happy here, and want to stay too?Just to head off any rumours?

[quote user="morty"]And I wouldn''t rule out Lambert playing a few silly mind games with McNally either.[/quote]

My money would be on McNally''s mind.

Based on this half-term report from the Birmingham Mail''s Villa reporter:Lambert is now seeing the errors of his ways and targeting experience and creativity this month, which is overdue. After 18 months, three transfer windows and 16 signings, his next task should be addressing Villa’s uncultivated style of play....a Hoolahan-type player (which is not to say Hoolahan specifically) might well be on Lambert''s January wish-list.

First time the quote difficulty has happened to me. Off topic, but can anyone help with a problem I''m having. I''m not in the habit of logging out of the Pink Un forum but, when I have signed in in the past, I sometimes use Explorer or, if things seem a little slow on there, I''ll use Firefox. Several days ago, I was kicked out and it became necessary to sign in again. I must have forgotten my password so I needed to have the administrator send me a temporary password. That worked fine for getting in via Explorer ( with the exception of the quote problem on my previous post ). However, I am unable to use the same password for logging in via Firefox. If I go back to the administrator again ( which I did once ) then if I fix the problem in Firefox then I can''t log in via Explorer. I know this sounds a little crazy but I am an old man. Can anyone help?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="morty"]And I wouldn''t rule out Lambert playing a few silly mind games with McNally either.[/quote]

My money would be on McNally''s mind.[/quote]Definitely.

Wes has not publicly stated he wants out, no. My source is convinced that Hoolahan wants to leave the club.

I think CW has a good record of NCFC inside info. He broke the Lambert walking out story. The Hughton in story. Among others. Well placed source. If he says Wes wants out, I believe him.

I don''t know why some people are so convinced this is a non story. There is still nothing to tell us that it''s all just paper talk and plenty of evidence that there''s some truth in it.

As we know, these sorts of stories come thick and fast at this time and all we can do as fans is evaluate each one and decide for ourselves which one sounds like nonsense and which sounds true.

No need to get wound up by it. But personally when i look at this one there''s very little doubt in my mind that Wes does indeed want to leave. Whether he will or not - in January - is another matter, but when i look at this one that''s my conclusion.

And Yellownets is right, Wyatt is right most of the time on NCFC matters and he has proved that. You have to be able to separate the column fillers on the back pages with no byline that just say "reports from sources at X club indicate Y wants to leave with Z as a potential destination". These are often completely fabricated via agents or bored hacks and are very different from a journalist putting their name and reputation to a statement about a player.

To be honest, i don''t know why people are still pretending there''s no truth in this - but that''s just my opinion!

[quote user="a1canary"]I don''t know why some people are so convinced this is a non story. There is still nothing to tell us that it''s all just paper talk and plenty of evidence that there''s some truth in it.

As we know, these sorts of stories come thick and fast at this time and all we can do as fans is evaluate each one and decide for ourselves which one sounds like nonsense and which sounds true.

No need to get wound up by it. But personally when i look at this one there''s very little doubt in my mind that Wes does indeed want to leave. Whether he will or not - in January - is another matter, but when i look at this one that''s my conclusion.

And Yellownets is right, Wyatt is right most of the time on NCFC matters and he has proved that. You have to be able to separate the column fillers on the back pages with no byline that just say "reports from sources at X club indicate Y wants to leave with Z as a potential destination". These are often completely fabricated via agents or bored hacks and are very different from a journalist putting their name and reputation to a statement about a player.

To be honest, i don''t know why people are still pretending there''s no truth in this - but that''s just my opinion![/quote]Its not about some denial thing on my part, its more about "Why worry about things you have no control over"Speculation is fine, its what we do here, but sheer blind panic based on, what is essentially, unsubstantiated rumour, is just a bit daft.

Wes may well want out. None of us know. But he signed a contract 12 months ago keeping him at the club until he''s 33. For a footballer over 30 that contract has to be a good one. Now of course another club may match that and pay the fee to us that such a contracted player would demand. But they''d have to really want him and convince their board of the value in such a deal.

[quote user="morty"]Talksport now sating Wes will be a Villa player in the next 48 hours![/quote]
They said that 48 hours ago (genuinely).

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="morty"]Talksport now sating Wes will be a Villa player in the next 48 hours![/quote]
They said that 48 hours ago (genuinely).
[/quote]Ah right, I only just was someone retweet it.Maybe he''s already there then[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]To be honest mate, whatever the name of my source I imagine your reply would''ve been similar. Not saying Wes will leave. He just wants to. LOL <<< ironic. I''m not 15.[/quote]

I perhaps wrongly assumed that Wes had said himself that he wants to leave, rather than just some hack journo filling column inches.

No, Wes isn''t saying he wants to leave at all, is he?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So, should the full squad also come out and say they are happy here, and want to stay too?

Just to head off any rumours?
[/quote]

Who the hell is talking about the squad? Wes has been touted with being unhappy and linked with a move to Villa.....I do wonder sometimes if some on here just nitpick to get bites.

[quote user="stoke canary"]According to Mick Dennis via Twitter He will have the truth at about 10ish Tonight !!![/quote]Beat me to it!I hope its good news!

some twit reports saying that wes has handed in a transfer request - 1 from the telegraph?