Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Hoolahan wants out (according to Talksport)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="a1canary"]

The way i see it, i think he probably does want out and decided that not turning up on Saturday would get the ball rolling (as advised by his agent no doubt).

[/quote]

Probably I am having a senior moment but have I missed something here ? [*-)]

[/quote]

As in he wasn''t at the Fulham game when most of the senior players who weren''t playing were watching the game.

I know that''s reading something in to it but one thing you can be certain of is that Hoolahan/his agent would know full well that not being there would set tongues wagging. The fact that he reported a hitherto unknown injury on Friday doesn''t do a lot to disuade one from this theory!

[/quote]

...also, unless he has broken his leg or something, why does he need to have treatment on an injury at 3pm on a Saturday - seems awfully convenient! No, he wants out, i''m pretty certain of that. But as i''ve said, we needn''t do anything, and in fact it might work in our favour. I think a lot of it has to do with the World Cup which he''s desperate to play in. If we hold on to him and then let him play after January, he''s going to have to play out of his skin to book his place.

[/quote]

He''ll also have to get someone to forge him a new passport.

Idol speculation about where a player was on a match day doesn''t help anyone - there are many reasons why he might not be required to come to the game and putting 2 and 2 together to make 100 is as foolish as it is naive.

[/quote]

Do you actually think that not turning up to the game when most of your colleagues are there ISN''T going to start the rumour mill?

As YellowNets has just indicated, what''s truly naive is to think otherwise.

[/quote]

But if he''s off getting treatment how is he suppose to be in two places at once? Plenty of other injured players haven''t come to watch games during their treatment - you only have to look at thier twitter feeds to see that. If it''s a muscle injury then he''ll be attached to one of those compression machines which means he wouldn''t be able to move around.

To be honest, I doubt the club really give a crap about ''the rumour mill'' they just want a player who has been featuring recently to fully recover ASAP. To suggest he''s gone AWOL on bequest of his manager is far less believable than injured player goes for treatment.

[/quote]

Sorry, who said he went AWOL? He reports an injury on Friday and ''goes for treatment'' on Saturday. At 3pm. If he has a serious injury (that the manager knew nothing about until Wes himself ''reported'' it - Hughton''s words) and therefore HAD to go for treatment between 3 and 5 on Saturday, then fine, i could accept that. But it seems a highly unlikely set of circumstances that just don''t stack up. I believe that we may not have had an offer yet, i believe CH when he says he hasn''t heard anything, i also think it absolutely stacks up that Wes should want out if he isn''t playing - he does want to play in the World Cup and he has got to be playing if he wants to be sure of going.

I reckon his absence v Fulham was his first move at the start of the window to try and get a move away. But i don''t think it''ll work.

If you really think that this is all just a co-incidence that''s fine, you might be right. There''s room for all of us and for different ideas in the broad pinkun church!

[/quote]

Didn''t you say that in your original post - the whole ''decided not to turn up'' line suggests that.

I doubt his treatment started perfectly 3pm on Saturday - but treatments for injuries aren''t just a player coming in, getting a massage and a plaster. He probably had treatment on Friday and Saturday. If he wasn''t actually getting treatment during the game he was probably told to go home and rest rather than sitting outside for 90mins in the freezing cold. The players aren''t at the games due to their own free will, they are told to come in and watch the games. Some want to be there and some don''t - same at every club.

I''m not sure what World Cup you are talking about - Ireland aren''t in the 2014 one and he''ll be 35 come 2018 (and I doubt he is plotting his transfer activity thinking 4 years ahead).

[/quote]

Decided not to turn up by reporting an injury - being AWOL would be not turning up without informing the club he would not be turning up.

Fair point on the World Cup thing tho, forgot about that! He certaintly wants to be involved with Ireland though.

Anyway, let''s just see what transpires in the next few weeks shall we, by the end of which we might have a better idea of what has been going on.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Let him go,its time for new hero''s.......[/quote]

Too right it is but the problem is apart from the possibility of Hooper taking over that title we have a shortage of late.

Was under the impression that he has just had a new home built in the area.

The board this season have rolled back into little ole norwich mode so we will sell Wes to the bigger club

Evidence being we are just happy being in the prem

If I were Hoolahan I''d want a move, and won''t hold it against him if he goes to Villa.

Would be a massive move for him, would extend his international career and probably his top flight career, and he owes us absolutely nothing and has nothing left to prove at Norwich.

The man probably has a couple of years left at this level, maybe a couple at a lower level. Think it would be a nice way for him to end his career.

It would even make me hate Villa less.

"Was under the impression that he has just had a new home built in the area"

Not like it is difficult to rent or sell a house at the minute, the market is booming!

[quote user="JF"]Was under the impression that he has just had a new home built in the area.[/quote]

He has I know the place. But that means nothing with a good transfer and all that goes with it.

Do you know what Thorpe? I fear you may well be right. I have been trying to convince myself otherwise over the last few weeks. Damn!

If this goes through then I just can''t understand the logic of selling one of our most technically gifted players to a relegation rival. We are short of creative players as it is. I hope Hughton has some masterstroke lined up if this goes through but I doubt that highly.

[quote user="JF"]If this goes through then I just can''t understand the logic of selling one of our most technically gifted players to a relegation rival. We are short of creative players as it is. I hope Hughton has some masterstroke lined up if this goes through but I doubt that highly.[/quote]

This will be the absolute final straw for me. It''s senseless and I really do not trust Hughton. If he were sacked any new manager would surely utilise Hoolahan more. I''m starting to see similarities between Hughton and Roeder. Both stubborn and arrogant, thinking they know best.

"This will be the absolute final straw for me"

Will for me also. Would make no sense whatsoever and I wouldn''t go to Carrow Road again until Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope are gone.

It was a pretty brainless decision to bring any team containing Calderwood to the club in the first place when it was well known that he didn''t get along with our 15 goal striker.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"This will be the absolute final straw for me"

Will for me also. Would make no sense whatsoever and I wouldn''t go to Carrow Road again until Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope are gone.

It was a pretty brainless decision to bring any team containing Calderwood to the club in the first place when it was well known that he didn''t get along with our 15 goal striker.[/quote]

Hoolahan is a diminutive player and is 31.  He relies on very quick feet and being hyperactive in controlling the ball.  He may have a year or two physically at the most at the top level and for us he is a cameo player now.  If we are building for the future, Howson and Fer and possible new recruits are the way forward.  Let him go to Villa if he wants to. He will be no more than a cameo player there too imo.    

A championship club could have him for 1.5m, I''d want at least 3m from a premiership rival though. For an older player who while technically gifted doesn''t score or assist at this level anymore that would be good business for us.

I am astounded at the amount of pants wetted over something that hasn''t actually happened.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh Morty...

There''s talk of boycotts now. And not of the batsman variety. We could do with some new blood in the stands. There''s no transfer window for that we either have to wait for old feckers like me to pop our clogs or the younger ones to get peed off. I''ve got 4 grandchildren going to cup matches now and only the 2 boys have a ticket and they have to share it!

[;)]

[quote user="morty"]I am astounded at the amount of pants wetted over something that hasn''t actually happened.[/quote]

My pants get wet everytime you post Mark you sexy beast

Wes always looks the part when he comes back into the team. But after a few games fades away and he should be charged the admission fee sometimes he is so pedestrian

Thats because he s easy to defend again, he always want to beat another man and managers now this. When he has a run in The team he is ineffective imho.

[quote user="Fat Nat"][quote user="morty"]I am astounded at the amount of pants wetted over something that hasn''t actually happened.
[/quote] My pants get wet everytime you post Mark you sexy beast[/quote]

Am I witnessing cyber sex before my very eyes ? [:$]

[quote user="morty"]*lights up a cigarette*
[/quote]

I knew this girl once who could blow rings with a cigarette. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]*lights up a cigarette*
[/quote]

I knew this girl once who could blow rings with a cigarette. [:D]

[/quote]

I hope you are not after a threesome Tilly I stopped doing them after one appeared on xhamster without my knowledge

[quote user="morty"]*lights up a cigarette*[/quote]That bird with the beard asked me out for a fag. You don''t reckon Fat Nat is she do you?

Sorry LDC but you will be very wrong about that - IMO - if Lambert gets him.

The very unsubtle flirting from Lambert and the undeniable desperate lack of creativity in Villa''s team mean he will be the first name on the team sheet at Villa Park if he goes there.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]*lights up a cigarette*[/quote]

That bird with the beard asked me out for a fag. You don''t reckon Fat Nat is she do you?
[/quote]

I know you are hard of hearing Lapp and I don''t want to spoil an illusion but she asked if you were a fag. [:P]

[quote user="a1canary"]Sorry LDC but you will be very wrong about that - IMO - if Lambert gets him.

The very unsubtle flirting from Lambert and the undeniable desperate lack of creativity in Villa''s team mean he will be the first name on the team sheet at Villa Park if he goes there.[/quote]So whereabouts in Villa''s 4-3-3 is Lambert going to play Wes? Or is he doing to ditch the last 18 months worth of work playing that way just to accomodate him...???