Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

McNally has spoken. Wes Stays. No Transfer Reuqest made

Well, OK. But it doesn''t really say any more than we knew already, does it ? It does not, with respect ,say that Wes will be staying. He''s not mentioned in the statement.Plenty of water to flow under the bridge in the ensuing 23 days......

CITY can confirm no transfer requests have been received from any players this season.

Chief Executive David McNally said: “The Club’s focus is on improving the squad during this transfer window.”

He commented: “As we’ve always said, no players will be sold against our will. We’ve received no transfer requests this season and have no intention of releasing any of our senior players.

“Our focus this January, as with every transfer window, is very much on improving the squad.”

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Unless a picture of a signed transfer request is posted on David McNally''s twitter feed along with the scans from Wes''s recent injury and the audio tape of Wes telling his team mates that he''s never going to play for NCFC again plus signed affidavits from at least three players that he''s destroyed the harmonious atmosphere at Colney then I don''t believe a word of it and the rest of you should really be embarrassed that you''ve been taken in by this.[/quote]

See, I was right all along, now all bow down and exalt me as the true living god amongst you.

Selling to Villa surely would never happen under current circumstancesToo much bad blood and they are relegation rivalsWhy would we help them survive !!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, OK. But it doesn''t really say any more than we knew already, does it ? It does not, with respect ,say that Wes will be staying. He''s not mentioned in the statement.Plenty of water to flow under the bridge in the ensuing 23 days......[/quote]

Thanks for demonstrating why McNally does not make more public statements. What is the point?

We all know how a transfer request works. Players ask to leave before they make it official for bonus reasons etc. I suspect he''ll go and Villa will have to pay the £2m for him

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, OK. But it doesn''t really say any more than we knew already, does it ? It does not, with respect ,say that Wes will be staying. He''s not mentioned in the statement.Plenty of water to flow under the bridge in the ensuing 23 days......[/quote]

Thanks for demonstrating why McNally does not make more public statements. What is the point?[/quote]Well, despite your ill-judged sarcasm, Cambs, it does indeed beg the question as to why DMcN felt it necessary to make this statement at all. Nothing new in it .Presumably he''s trying to head off speculation re Wes, but his name is not even mentioned. All pretty vague.

So in reality we have two possibilites:A) No transfer requests have been received and it''s just the papers trying to whip up a storyB) Transfer requests have been received and McNally is lieing through his teeth about themSomehow I don''t see option B as being correct....Can''t be much clearer than that can it?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]So in reality we have two possibilites:A) No transfer requests have been received and it''s just the papers trying to whip up a storyB) Transfer requests have been received and McNally is lieing through his teeth about themSomehow I don''t see option B as being correct....Can''t be much clearer than that can it?[/quote]Not really the point, Indy. Not suggesting that DM would lie. All I''m saying is that the statement really doesn''t tell us anything new, does it? He and other board members have already gone on record saying much the same.If he REALLY did want to be clear, then he could have said outright that under no circumstances would anyone (inc Wes ) would be sold this month. But he stopped well short of that.

In fairness Reggie I think this is a direct response to the Hoolahan speculation, and in that regard it''s a perfectly clear statement about the fact that he has NOT handed in a transfer request.As for talk ''anyone'' leaving, McNally would NEVER state that because if the likes of Man City suddenly offered 10 mil for Snoddy (I know it won''t happen) then I don''t see him telling them to get stuffed - do you???

I guess, indy, that DM''s statement tells you more about the modern media trend of kneejerk, reactive, soundbite quoting in response to speculation than it does about the mindset of our board, Hughton or indeed Wes Hoolahan. So, yes, I agree with you on that.Perhaps we can run with this story of Pellegrini supposedly tabling a  £ 10 m bid for ''unsettled'' Norwich winger Robert Snodgrass ?! Would reap the rewards of no end of column inches......

I''d say it was a pretty measured response from the man in charge. but as ever, ''never say never''. As Indy said we''d have to look at silly money offers....even for Wes.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]So in reality we have two possibilites:A) No transfer requests have been received and it''s just the papers trying to whip up a storyB) Transfer requests have been received and McNally is lieing through his teeth about themSomehow I don''t see option B as being correct....Can''t be much clearer than that can it?[/quote]Not really the point, Indy. Not suggesting that DM would lie. All I''m saying is that the statement really doesn''t tell us anything new, does it? He and other board members have already gone on record saying much the same.If he REALLY did want to be clear, then he could have said outright that under no circumstances would anyone (inc Wes ) would be sold this month. But he stopped well short of that.[/quote]Why would he say that though? Every player has a price. I am pretty sure Spurs didn''t want to sell Bale, but they did.

If Snoddy read that man City had offered £10m then he would start to feel unsettled....sounds like a runner to me. Keep up the good work .

[quote user="morty"]

Why would he say that though? Every player has a price. I am pretty sure Spurs didn''t want to sell Bale, but they did.

[/quote]No, of course he wouldn''t, Morty. That''s my point really. To me it just seems a bit pointless making public pronouncements that really do not bring anything new to the table.  Just my take on this.And I agree with you totally on your second point. Wes is "irreplaceable", but only up to a certain price....!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]

Why would he say that though? Every player has a price. I am pretty sure Spurs didn''t want to sell Bale, but they did.

[/quote]No, of course he wouldn''t, Morty. That''s my point really. To me it just seems a bit pointless making public pronouncements that really do not bring anything new to the table.  Just my take on this.And I agree with you totally on your second point. Wes is "irreplaceable", but only up to a certain price....![/quote]The only reason he had to say it was to give the more fragile people an E-cuddle.

McNally psychologists are out again I see haha I love it.

"I know he said that but what does it MEAN, what''s the MEANING behind it!"

Personally, I''d bet my house on McNally, the guy is an absolute legend so when he says "no transfer requests have bed made" I am of the opinion, funnily enough; that no transfer requests have been made. This was the main point of a lot of the article in the national press and copy pasted into the midlands press so if this information is not accurate I have to call into question the other information in the article.

I think this is all leading up to lambert saying he hasn''t been given enough funds by th board and pullin an oneill and scarpering.

It is clear as night follows day we are not selling to Villa or to put it another way. Why would we sell one of our prize assets to a tin pot club like Villa?

The whole way they have pursued Wes just shows how classless that once great club has become. If u read the Villa forums they would agree

I totally believe David McNally on this. Now, I maybe stating the obvious, but I really am convinced that Villa have been tapping up Wes.....and I actually wouldnt be surprised if he does move to them at some point in time, probably in the summer, if it is not in this window. If this did happen, then I am also convinced that this will only happen if we have already/about to sign a quality replacement who can make that so called "number 10" position his own. There is usually no smoke without fire and this story will continue I feel.......    

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]It is clear as night follows day we are not selling to Villa or to put it another way. Why would we sell one of our prize assets to a tin pot club like Villa?

The whole way they have pursued Wes just shows how classless that once great club has become. If u read the Villa forums they would agree[/quote]Hmm. We shall see. The clear daylight after the dark night might just get a bit cloudier, if an Email arrives on Mc N''s desk from Birmingham offering a good deal more than 750k ..........Still 23 Jan days to go yet, don''t forget, TEC.

[quote user="Buh"]McNally psychologists are out again I see haha I love it.

"I know he said that but what does it MEAN, what''s the MEANING behind it!"

Personally, I''d bet my house on McNally, the guy is an absolute legend so when he says "no transfer requests have bed made" I am of the opinion, funnily enough; that no transfer requests have been made. This was the main point of a lot of the article in the national press and copy pasted into the midlands press so if this information is not accurate I have to call into question the other information in the article.

I think this is all leading up to lambert saying he hasn''t been given enough funds by th board and pullin an oneill and scarpering.[/quote]

"I''m afraid you mother has died"so what you are saying is that I am not ill"No, your mother has just died, no other member of you family has just died" so you what you mean is my sister is ill, but you won''t say it"None of you family are ill as far as I know but your mother has just died"which means that one of us has terminal cancer and you won''t tell us ............

I can only suspect that some folk speak in such inane riddles that they imagine that the rest of the world does

Surely Becchio can''t be happy to sit on his ar se for another half a season.

If Becchio was truly that bothered he would turn in a transfer request and his agent would leak it to the press. However if he doesn''t want to give up his 10% of the sale then he can''t be that bothered.

Leeds fans called him a money grabber, Colin said he left for a pay rise, so lets be honest. he''s content.