Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Lambert and his Villa dream

If Lambert gets sacked at Villa, do you think he will regret his choice to leave Norwich? A place where the guy could do no wrong. Personally he strikes me as very stubborn personally (his management style wasnt) and to have any regrets about anything just doesnt seem in his character. I think even if he got sacked he would still consider his move to Villa as the right one, even if it amounted to very little and probably reduced his stock value. I know its Lambert and many are sick of discussing him, but for those who arent, what do you think? Obviously at the moment he still has confidence things will get better, despite the flak he is getting from the fans, something he never encountered at Norwich, but if that dream came to an end for him, is he a man to look back with hindsight and wonder?

Don''t think he''d ever regret leaving us. Seems he''d fallen out with everyone on the board so he couldn''t have stayed.

Also don''t think Villa will sack him.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Also don''t think Villa will sack him.[/quote]

http://www.thesackrace.com/

Well it would seem that you are part of a diminishing number, 13-2 second favourite for the sack now.

Villa fans view is that his signings arn''t good enough for the Prem, his teams are too negative and he has only one tactic.

If anyone thought that he was just going to walk in there and turn them into a top 8 side overnight, they were seriously deluded.

They were on a big decline and a complete mess.  Massive wage bill with underperforming overrated players.

I said before that the job was never going to be an easy one.  Almost a complete rebuild and change of philosophy.

You can''t do that in 18 months.  I can understand why some Villains are moaning, because only a few years ago they were challenging for Europe, but unlike us they needed a revolution.  We need evolution. We already had the revolution and that took three years.

He is not doing that badly there.  If they are still like they are this time next year then maybe he has failed, but IMO he is no where near failure.

The risk reward for him was too great.  If he turns Villa around in less than 3 years to a solid mid to upper table side, that would be a real success considering the trouble they were in when he took over and his stock would seriously rise.  Jury is still out for now!

Snake

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Always makes me laugh when you say you don''t think a manager will be sacked and someone else then comes back with: well look at the sack race. Haha[/quote]

Glad to be of amusement. I''ll tell you what makes me laugh, this http://http://www.thevillablog.co.uk/aston-villa-blog/avfc-news/aston-villa-lose-to-sheffield-united-and-something-has-to-soon-change-at-aston-villa/.

Particularly like the one about rather than spending £1.5m on Hoolihan they should use the cash to pay off Lambert.

While the FA cup defeat was not good, they controlled much of the game and Benteke missed a hatful of chances.

The could have easily won by 4 or 5.

Their problem was they did not hit the target.

Don''t know of many managers if any who have turned a mess like Villa round in the time PL has been there. However if they want him gone then so be it! He wont be out of work for long and they might struggle to find anyone as competent and driven as PL.

Some remarkable posts on the Brum mail website - this one could easily have been written about CH by one of our fans.

Aston Villa have the manager they deserve, We had a manager that won things, that produced a team that played with flair. His name, Brian Little! The boo boys sent death threats to his daughters, so he resigned. Maybe he was not such a bad manager after all. Bring back Brian Little. I not seen such poor football as from this clueless crop of idiots. Its pedestrian, lacks passion, lacks ideas. The lack of attempts on goal for the last 10 matches says it all.

What the ginger idiot taught us was that when you defend for 70-80% of the game you get more injuries. Is this just a Scottish style of football? On paper going into that run of 10 almost all of those games were winnable. A bore draw with West Ham, beaten by Fulham and Crystal Palace says it all. PULL YOUR FINGER OUT MR LAMBERT. I do not mind my team getting beaten when they have played with passion and given heart and soul for the club. Give me 11 player fans like Gabby, but get rid of these gutless, clueless performances.

And another...

The usual inane mutterings from this guy. He is now repeating what most supporters have been telling him since he joined the club.

"We need a creative player, I call them number 10''s". This guy talks like an 8 year old, but doesn''t think as quick.

Don''t know about "number tens" Mr Lambert, I think you have guided this club into a pile of "number two''s".

Trouble at mill.

many of the posts on here are what some say about Hughton. I would wager both teams have players and managers of similar ability.

Doubt very much he''d regret leaving us - he''d fallen out with the board and think he knew that it would be very hard to keep us up long term anyway.

As for getting sacked, Villa in 11th place in the league. As long as that remains the case, there is next to no chance of him getting sacked. I think their board know it''s going to take a lot of work to get Villa anywhere near a top 6 club, and they don''t seem particularly willing to plough money in - so a manager who can keep them comfortable mid table is exactly what they''re looking for. And, as much as the fans may moan about it, whilst they are comfortably mid table, I very much doubt that there will be any mass protests or the like.

IF Lambert was sacked by Villa,i think he would be very fortunate to get another Prem job.Had he stayed at Norwich and our results had stayed the same I still think he would be getting his name put forward for other clubs.Has things stand he has dropped a clanger perhaps not personal but professional (he could still turn things around) but its not turned out how he wished.And I for one are quite pleased !!

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]If Lambert gets sacked at Villa, do you think he will regret his choice to leave Norwich?[/quote]He may have left us physically but in reality he hasn''t really left us at all. He no longer signs players for us & he no longer picks the team but he''s still here.There''s hardly ever a thread on here, or a discussion involving City supporters, where his name doesn''t get mentioned, whether it''s management style, tactics, players etc etc.Eighteen months on and Lambert has all but forgotten us. Shame is that the majority of people here cannot forget him.

He''s doing a good job at Villa pushing for top half. Hughton''s doing equally as well here.

He''s rubbish at Villa flirtting with relegation. Hughton''s just as bad here.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]If Lambert gets sacked at Villa, do you think he will regret his choice to leave Norwich?[/quote]He may have left us physically but in reality he hasn''t really left us at all. He no longer signs players for us & he no longer picks the team but he''s still here.There''s hardly ever a thread on here, or a discussion involving City supporters, where his name doesn''t get mentioned, whether it''s management style, tactics, players etc etc.Eighteen months on and Lambert has all but forgotten us. Shame is that the majority of people here cannot forget him.

[/quote]

But this is true of any break-up. Now, we dont simply watch football, we watch football WITHOUT him. Everytime I here Samba de Janeiro, I think, this was our song!