Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

Different coloured boots for the Murphy's

According to the BBC site Hoots can not tell them apart and has told them to wear different coloured boots.

A manager that can not even recognise his own players - outrageous. This surely is the final straw, he has to go!

For me you are just dropping little shavings of straw onto a pile of straw under which you might be able to find, if you look hard enough, a camel with a broken back.

I managed a Schoolboy Team that had identical....and i mean identical, twins in it, fortunately they wore different coloured boots, they werent asked to, they just did. they would also swap boots and initialled training gear and would even answer to each others name. Oh the fun we had, little B******ds.

It did mention that this was on the pitch when they were further away. I have twins girl cousins who i''ve known for 25yrs and still can''t tell them apart.

Yeah if you have a twins and in training they look from distance exactly same. How you are going to tell who is doing the right thing and who is not, if they are not wearing numbers or you cant see it? ^^

So good thing that at this point someone tells them to be a bit different

I started this as a tongue in cheek thread.

I have identical twin nephews and I agree with the other posters it''s a nightmare teliing them apart. If you can get them to stand side by side for a couple of minutes and with a couple of clues you have a chance, other than hat forget it.

I am actually with Hoots on this one.

I believe that Alf Ramsay asked Jackie Charlton not to have a comb over during the final so as not confuse the referee

ps there are jokes about Hunt and Ball if you have the time

I assume Hughton was joking in the interview anyway seeing as one has a big ''31 Josh Murphy'' on his back and the other has a large 32 and ''Jacob Murphy'' on his

I would hope joking, but he might be referring to training where they would only have small numbers on their training shirts.

But there is a good deal available potentially for supporters. Get Murphy on the back of your shirt and it becomes a sort of BOGOF deal.

I am an identical twin, growing up with a double never bothered me and people getting us mixed up never did either, it''s a way of life as a twin.I feel I was very lucky to grow up with a ''soul mate'' and it was great playing against each other, as I always had someone with exactly the same ability as myself to compete against.