Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Ross Barkley

Picked up an injury against QPR. Very doubtful for the weekend. Good news for us because he terrorised us last time out.

I really don''t like all this talk about Everton and who they have and have not got available. We''ve given them a good game before and are quite capable this time round as well.

Yes CUSDP - exactly the same as every other manager. Why you seem to think he is any different is absolutely astounding.

[quote user="splutcho"]Yes CUSDP - exactly the same as every other manager. Why you seem to think he is any different is absolutely astounding.[/quote]

Exactly, there are probably only a few managers you can''t play catchphrase bingo with and those are the ones mocked for being ''mad'' or ''jokey'' and their careers suffer for it - Holloway and Adkins both lost credibilty for their rather ''off the wall'' pressers.

[quote user="General Melchett"]I really don''t like all this talk about Everton and who they have and have not got available. We''ve given them a good game before and are quite capable this time round as well.[/quote]

I don''t understand why anyone wouldn''t feel buoyed by learning the opposing teams best player is missing.

Especially seeing as he was so effective against us last season.

[quote user="Nicko"][quote user="General Melchett"]I really don''t like all this talk about Everton and who they have and have not got available. We''ve given them a good game before and are quite capable this time round as well.[/quote]

I don''t understand why anyone wouldn''t feel buoyed by learning the opposing teams best player is missing.

Especially seeing as he was so effective against us last season.[/quote]

Last match, not last season.

CUSDP,

Wants to play press conference bingo, sorry CUSDP I have the winning card, it says;

"It''s a tough place to go!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets play hughton press conference bingo: * they have quality * very good squad * have to be at our best[/quote]

what should he say then?

I would like to hear "everton are a good team but if we attack from the off get in there faces not giving them time on the ball I am hopeful of the right result ! "

exactly a change of words a bit of passion and grit between his teeth or maybe he could tell us what level of candycrush Calderwood is on when he sits with his ipad in the high in the stands !!

Jas,

As you''ve asked the question, how about; talking us up instead of the oppo, because essentially what he is saying is, unless we play at our best we''re unlikely to get anything from the game

Surely he should be able to motivate the team (and the players should be able to motivate themselves) to play at their best on match day. Can we not take that as a given, or are we to assume that sometimes he and they decide to play below their best?

I wish he would say something like;

"As usual we will give it our all, we have quality, a good squad and and will cause Everton problems. Our aim is to come away with all three points.

Nothing too contoversial so as to wind their players up but enough to fire up ours (should they need it, which they shouldn''t).

And before anyone says, what he says in the dressing room is different to what he says to the media, it''s not and anyway positive language is far more powerful than negative, when and wherever delivered.

Also, saying "it is a tough place to go"puts in the players mind that this is a tough place to go and their brains will then set off to prove them right by making it a tough place to go. Why do that as opposed to the opposite?

When at home let''s tell the opposition that we are a tough place to come to, let them prove themselves right by making Carrow Rd a tough place to come to.

"Everton? Everton? I call them Neverton, they think they''re great well I''ll tell you this, they''re not, we''ll chew ''em to bits like the stupid toffees they call them selves.

Goodison? Goodison? Ha! Don''t make me laugh, we all call it Badison, it''s not a tough place to go, it''s easy peasy.

And that stupid manager they''ve got with his tippy tappy, pass the ball about nonsense, we''ll stop that for a start, any player who dwells on the ball will get a set of studs as a keepsake.

Their players? There all big Jessies who need a good talking to, we''ll make wish they never got out of bed."

Will that do?

Thank you CUSDP.

TC Canary, a bit OTT but I like the cut of your jib!