Sign in to follow this  
morty

Good News.

Hoolahan, Bassong and Johnson all fit for the weekend.

Tettey and Pilks resume full training on Monday.

Now that is good news Morty.

Albeit I am expecting it to be a long afternoon at Goodison on Saturday. But if we have something approaching a full squad for Hull that would be great.

Any news on Howson?

Only going by what was said on twitter about the press conference, Turner and Howson weren''t mentioned, I don''t think.

I think it will be more:

Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson, Johnson, Fer, Snoddy, Redmond, Elmander, Hooper.

Bench of Bunn, Whittaker, Bennett, Fox, Murphy, RVW, Becchio

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''d go:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Fox Johnson

Snoddy Fer Redmond

Hooper

No doubt Benno will be out for Bassong but really think he deserves a run in the team.[/quote]I think Redmond needs a rest, but we''re kinda stuck in that position.Unless you put Garrido at LB and push Olsson up to the left wing.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]

Any news on Howson?[/quote]You cannot help but wonder if Howson''s problem is not more serious than the club is letting on. Whenever CH is asked about him he shifts uncomfortably, and gives some vague answer about "assessing him".But yes, overall good news. I know Tettey is not everyone''s cup of tea on here, but I think we''ve miseed him.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]

Any news on Howson?[/quote]You cannot help but wonder if Howson''s problem is not more serious than the club is letting on. Whenever CH is asked about him he shifts uncomfortably, and gives some vague answer about "assessing him".But yes, overall good news. I know Tettey is not everyone''s cup of tea on here, but I think we''ve miseed him.[/quote]Going to Man Utd for 8 million[Y]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''d go: Ruddy Martin Bennett Turner Olsson Fox Johnson Snoddy Fer Redmond Hooper No doubt Benno will be out for Bassong but really think he deserves a run in the team.[/quote]

Highly doubt Turner will be fit - if he''s done his hamstring that''s 6 to 8 weeks out.

Ruddy

Fox Johnson

Snoddy Fer Redmond

Hooper

No doubt Benno will be out for Bassong but really think he deserves a run in the team.[/quote]

Bassong for Turner and I''d go along with that. Good to have a creator and a destroyer next to each other in CM, with Fer being given licence to push further forward. Before Tettey (and then Howson) got injured, having three CMs was really working for us. It should also give Redmond and Snoddy more freedom to push on and support Hooper – if we''re to play that formation it''s vital that he doesn''t get isolated.

We''ve missed tetteys pace and steel in the middle! But Johnson has done all what was asked, I feel sorry for him in all honesty, seemed like when he got the ball everyone ran away from him

Ruddy

Fox Johnson

Snoddy Fer Redmond

Hooper

No doubt Benno will be out for Bassong but really think he deserves a run in the team.[/quote]

Martin?

[quote user=" wolfswinkel "]We''ve missed tetteys pace and steel in the middle! But Johnson has done all what was asked, I feel sorry for him in all honesty, seemed like when he got the ball everyone ran away from him[/quote]

Johnson has been playing well in the last few games, but he hasn''t got the positional discipline of Tettey and when asked to sit deep and screen the back 4 he''s often pushing to high up the pitch trying to make things happen. Tettey was really good at holding the position and intercepting balls played behind the midfield, into the space in front of the defenders.

I think this is why in some games Fer has been operating as the deeper midfielder, allowing Johnson to go on forward runs - and was rewarded with a goal against Palace.

Personally I''d like to see a midfield of;

Johnson            Fer

Fox

Fox in the deep position to start attacks, but has Johnson and Fer around him to help if he is pressed hard (Fox''s weakness in my eyes). It might mean it''s hard to get support to Hooper - but Everton will look to dominate the midfield and if Norwich go with just two midfielders they will have very little time with the ball.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user=" wolfswinkel "]We''ve missed tetteys pace and steel in the middle! But Johnson has done all what was asked, I feel sorry for him in all honesty, seemed like when he got the ball everyone ran away from him[/quote]

Johnson has been playing well in the last few games, but he hasn''t got the positional discipline of Tettey and when asked to sit deep and screen the back 4 he''s often pushing to high up the pitch trying to make things happen. Tettey was really good at holding the position and intercepting balls played behind the midfield, into the space in front of the defenders.

I think this is why in some games Fer has been operating as the deeper midfielder, allowing Johnson to go on forward runs - and was rewarded with a goal against Palace.

Johnson            Fer

Fox

Fox in the deep position to start attacks, but has Johnson and Fer around him to help if he is pressed hard (Fox''s weakness in my eyes). It might mean it''s hard to get support to Hooper - but Everton will look to dominate the midfield and if Norwich go with just two midfielders they will have very little time with the ball.

[/quote]

Still get the suggestions that other players should help out because a particular fans favourite has "weaknesses"

Bench at best for Fox, rather have Wes if we were going to have a "weak" player but suspect it will be Elmander

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Johnson            Fer

Fox

[/quote] Still get the suggestions that other players should help out because a particular fans favourite has "weaknesses" Bench at best for Fox, rather have Wes if we were going to have a "weak" player but suspect it will be Elmander[/quote]

All players have weaknesses, especially those in teams that aren''t assembled for hundreds of millions. Although Fox is at his best with a tight press, his ability to retain posession and spread play would be crucial for Norwich who will mainly have to play on the counter attack versus Everton.

No point having someone like Wes on the pitch if you are never in the position to get the ball to him - Fox helps with that, and although he is far from perfect he showed what he can still do in the Fulham game.

I suspect you are right about Elmander though, who will be positioned just behind Hooper to provide flick-ons. I suspect sitting deep and long balls will be the gameplan on Saturday.

[quote user="Nicko"]Isn''t Fer suspended?[/quote]No his suspension was covered by the Fulham FA Cup match.