Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Transfer Funds ?

Complete guesswork I know but how much do you think we have left for the window ?

out of that I think maybe we need a AM , RB,CM,CD

my guess is about 15 mil which is not a lot for 4 players ( to buy that is )

or do you think the club will really go for it and splash another 30 million ????  which I think would be silly with hoots yes his record of buying players is good but he might be going end of season or before if things don''t improve .........

Not really sure. I would guess that we are looking for at least one player and as many as three. I don''t think that we would break our transfer record for any of those players, unless the right player became available, which is unlikely in the January window. So my guess would be £15m, £18m tops.

I don''t think we''ll bring another defender in, Bennett has showed that he is capable of backing up Turner well. Martin can do a job in there too.

I would have thought that we are in the market for a centre midfielder and a winger. If Becchio has had enough, we might also be on the look out for another big forward. However, would think that Becchio will only be allowed to go once a replacement is found.

I think that we will bring one in, but think that might be it. Hope to be pleasantly surprised. What I am really looking forward to is seeing what team is put out when our treatment room is clear (Tettey, Howson, Pilkington and Bennett all coming back into the reckoning).

There were certainly players we missed in the summer - Quag, Toivonen, et al, so there must be more than £5m available, as they didn''t come.

I would be surprised if we signed, paid for, more than one player, unless we can find someone who is out of contract soon. January prices are high. Heitinga could be a target.

More likely we are trying to find stop-gap and possibly other long-term loans. We are led to believe that Zaha interests us, and this would be only for loan, I think.

The problem is that apart from Benno, all our injured should be recovered by the end of January, but if we sign a new player on whatever basis, he is unlikely to make much of a contribution before that point. If we sign one or two good but not top class players, does this smack of panic?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

Complete guesswork I know but how much do you think we have left for the window ?

out of that I think maybe we need a AM , RB,CM,CD

my guess is about 15 mil which is not a lot for 4 players ( to buy that is )

or do you think the club will really go for it and splash another 30 million ????  which I think would be silly with hoots yes his record of buying players is good but he might be going end of season or before if things don''t improve .........

[/quote] yep, I''m sure the club has that sort of money floating aboutand some more to pay the wagesespecially as it appears we now need a right back

I was under the impression that RVW was bought using last years budget. so, if that is true, then we only spent ~£15m in the summer, so i would put my complete stab in that dark guess at £10-15m avaliable in january.

Our biggest problem now will be convincing players to sign for us. In the summer we had the promise of a ''great season and a potential top half finish'' to help us entice prospective targets, but now we have a relegation fight on our hands.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]Giving CH ANY money is certifiable imo.[/quote]Actually that''s a pretty unfair statement tbh.His signings have been excellent IMHO, it''s the miserable way he''s choosing to use them that''s the issue!

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]Giving CH ANY money is certifiable imo.[/quote]

eh ?the players are targeted by the scouts these are reviewed by the board and one or two others including the managerMcNally is then targeted with opening the negotiations and completing the signing where possibleI am not sure where Hughton is given any money in that process(for all his faults Hughton is not Redknapp and I doubt he has an offshore account in his dog''s name)

about 6-7m we spent a load in the summer and this will not happen every window, can see 1 or 2 coming in but for for 3-4m each, with a couple of the fringe players going out to get a bit back.

15m?!?! Jeez people are living on cloud cuckoo land. We just spend 25m in the summer remember?

If we get anybody in it''l be loans and a cheapy from the championship or abroad.

We were told at the AGM that money is available. We were also told that the club did not like leaving too much transfer activity to this window as clubs deemed as desperate were held to ransom.There is money but not some of the ludicrous sums guessed at on here.

[quote user="ricardo"]We were told at the AGM that money is available. We were also told that the club did not like leaving too much transfer activity to this window as clubs deemed as desperate were held to ransom.There is money but not some of the ludicrous sums guessed at on here.[/quote]Sigh! We have no way of knowing Ricky since the C.G.F.P.A''s went into liquidation. [:''(]

[quote user="ricardo"]We were told at the AGM that money is available. We were also told that the club did not like leaving too much transfer activity to this window as clubs deemed as desperate were held to ransom.

There is money but not some of the ludicrous sums guessed at on here.
[/quote]

IF we sign hardly no one could that be taken as a sign that the board are now getting worried about Hughton?

[quote user="ricardo"]We were told at the AGM that money is available. We were also told that the club did not like leaving too much transfer activity to this window as clubs deemed as desperate were held to ransom.There is money but not some of the ludicrous sums guessed at on here.[/quote]It''s been an ongoing process whereby Jan is seen more as a tweaking exercise than any rebuilding ie we fill in where the past few months have shown/caused gaps to appear.The question is then will we be bringing in players already targeted as with Howson, or maybe look for loans to cover short term gaps as with Elmander As to the £30m I am not sure why some on here are unable to do basic sums

I''d assumed it might be between £5-10m but having found out from this forum that even Luciano Becchio is on £30, 000 a week I now assume that we are skint.

[quote user="killiecanary"]No no no FTW....guesswork not allowed

It has to be Fact!![/quote]Its only a proper fact if its in capital letters.FACT

I would guess at somewhere between 8-10 million at the very most but possibly as low as 5 million realistically.

QPR spent a ton of money in January last year and look where it got them! With the players we have coming back from injury, the squad should be strong enough to stay up, it''s just a case of whether the tactics are right. If Hoop and RVW play together, I think we need a Tettey upgrade to play alongside Fer in the middle. We have enough attacking options with Pilks and Howson to come back plus four strikers (hopefully Becchio can be ''upgraded'' in the window too). Otherwise I think we have enough quality to see us through to the summer.Although obviously the quality of the team is contingent upon the tactics they are asked to play, and therein could lie the problem...

How much we spend could be a telling indicator of the Board''s confidence in Hughton as a long term option. Confidence must have been dented by what has happened this season, so I would not be surprised if any purchases were conditioned by a balancing or near balancing sale. Any more than a million or two would suggest that the Board is nowhere near even thinking about CH''s position.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]How much we spend could be a telling indicator of the Board''s confidence in Hughton as a long term option. Confidence must have been dented by what has happened this season, so I would not be surprised if any purchases were conditioned by a balancing or near balancing sale. Any more than a million or two would suggest that the Board is nowhere near even thinking about CH''s position.[/quote]Any lack of confidence might be outweighed by the  fear of relegation. I believe it is already too late to change managers and Hughton may be given money despite the board being unsure of him. When the window opened last season we were in 11th place with 25 points. Looking comfortable. But the next three games were a 2-1 defeat at West Ham, a 0-0 at home to Newcastle and a 5-0 defeat at Anfield. So as the window-closing got nearer we were in 13th place with 26 points, and before it closed we had dropped to 14th.Hence, despite the board knowing that to buy in January was to overpay, the multiple bids for Hooper, culminating in one of £7m on transfer deadline day. And our position now looks much more precarious than it did then. If the next two results, against Everton and Hull are bad, then the board may feel it has to spend more money than it would like to.

I agree with you PC, but I really don''t feel that since the summer signings we need any more players to avoid relegation. We have some great talent in our squad and a bit of everything we need. I am convinced that we are quite capable of performing much better and if everything knitting well a very strong side capable of giving all bar the usual top 4/5 a very good and close game. Any transfers would not change that in my view, sure we might be capable of being stronger still but why spend even more when there is no guarantee we will get any more out of the team than we have so far? High price for potentially only a small marginal improvement without real signs of progress on the pitch.

I would have thought the club would have signed this #10 by now I know the transfer window has been only open 9 days but all that trying to sign one in the summer you would have thought you would of had your target in asap

we had since the summer to A , target one and B to agree a price .C sign one as soon as window opens to allow the player to help us gain as much points as he could !!!