Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

It's Like the Old Days

Not really linked to anyone and then we get a signing that we did not see coming at all.

Or could it be we are just not in the hunt for signing anyone?

Early days yes but there really is a dearth of rumours.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Not really linked to anyone and then we get a signing that we did not see coming at all.

Or could it be we are just not in the hunt for signing anyone?

Early days yes but there really is a dearth of rumours.[/quote]Its like a house buying chain though, lots of pieces need to fall into place.I assume we we will be looking to offload players like Fox, Becchio and Surman, but only, obviously, if replacements can be found.

I think rumour bubble has finally burst - there is a general lack of rumours going round at all, especially considered to this time last year.

Last summer there wasn''t one signing that wasn''t widely known at least 24 hours before the announcement from Norwich - so I don''t expect anything out of the blue this January.

Well ive seen Heitinga, S.Taylor, Gutierez all rumoured on here and in press lately, all whom i hope dont come here.

I would agree Bethnal. The market is quiet so if anything is going to move anywhere I think the press will be all over it, so unlikely to be anything out of the blue.

Given that Hoots has said he would be interested in a wide midfielder I am surprised we have not been speculatively linked with Tom Ince.

I am becoming resigned to it being a very quiet month for us this window. WBA may even appoint a new manager before we sign a new player!!

Only Heitinga encourages me out of the linked players apart from the tentative link to Kaboul. Either of them on loan would be welcome.

I''m a bit worried about the complete lack of any CM''s or attacking midfielders mentioned though.

who was the Dutch midfielder from Man City who booked into a local hotel (?)