Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

pepe mel the new brom boss

Had 9 clubs in 13 years, only two top flight jobs of which he was relegated in one and sacked in the other.

Sounds pretty rubbish

such a gamble, although it has worked for southampton who got a manager who''s team was bottom of the league (espanyol), it may not work for them...wait and see i guess

He actually has a very good record. Taking Real Betis from the 2nd Division to qualifying for Europe. His teams play a very attacking brand of football. Sacked this season after financial problems forced Betis to sell all of their players, Their fans were very upset when he was sacked.

Yeah one of those managers that come with high risk and high reward.

His game in Betis as said based quick attacking game and high pressure on the ball when opponent came up from last third.

But if he cant get his strategy work it might be relegation fight for them

[quote user="city4eva"]Looks like an exciting appointment, hopefully the WBA fans will get to see some entertaining football.[/quote]Actually I hope they lose every game and finish bottom. More teams down the bottom the better

I have absolutely no idea who he is and had never heard of him, could be Mel B or Mel C for all I care. Was thinking, had this been our club signing him would I be excited...mmm dont think so, but there again I wasnt when we signed Lambert and looked what happened!  

He has some form and his reputation is currently ok;   it is a bit of a punt,  but probably a much better one than taking malky instead for example.

His style of play will suit the baggies but not being able to bring his own back room staff & having limited english could make for a very scary 5 months for the baggies;    get over that period and he could be a shrewd appointment.

News from the Midlands is that Pepper Mill''s first signing will be Sault Cellar from Spanish side Cruet Set.