Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

DM relegation predictions

The bad news - they have us finishing with 31ptsThe good news - they have us finishing in 17thThe 3 to go down18th Palace 30pts19th Sunderland 30pts20th West Ham 29pts

NORWICH (Norwich result first)

Jan 11: Everton (a) 0-1Jan 18: Hull City (h) 1-1Jan 28: Newcastle United (h) 2-2Feb 1: Cardiff City (a) 1-2Feb 8: Manchester City (h) 1-1Feb 12: West Ham United (a) 1-2Feb 22: Tottenham Hotspur (h) 1-3Mar 1: Aston Villa (a) 0-0Mar 8: Stoke City (h) 1-0Mar 15: Southampton (a) 0-2Mar 22: Sunderland (h) 2-1Mar 29: Swansea City (a) 1-2Apr 5: West Bromwich Albion (h) 1-1Apr 12: Fulham (a) 0-2Apr 19: Liverpool (h) 0-4Apr 26: Manchester United (a) 0-2May 3: Chelsea (a) 1-4May 11: Arsenal (h) 1-3POINTS: 31POSITION: 17thVERDICT:

Chris Hughton''s side have the most daunting run-in of all those

scrapping it out at the bottom and, despite losing the final five

matches, they scrape home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536382/West-Ham-Sunderland-Fulham-Sportsmails-Premier-League-relegation-predictions.html

[quote user="Making Plans"]The bad news - they have us finishing with 31ptsThe good news - they are talking a load of ballcocks...[/quote]Fixed that for you MP... [:D]

[quote user="Making Plans"]The bad news - they have us finishing with 31ptsThe good news - they have us finishing in 17th[/quote]Goodo. That means we only need eleven more points to stay up. [:)]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Flippin'' ''eck, MP. I don''t care what the DM say.If we only win two more of our remaining fixtures, and end up with 31 pts,we will go down ;[/quote]Not only if we end up on 31 points will we go down. If we end up on 31 points we will deserve to go down.

[quote user="BigFish"]Has a team ever survived on 31 points???????![/quote]In essence, no. The only theoretical case is 2009-10, when Burnley finished in 18th with 30 points, and Hull in 19th with 30, so West Ham, who finished in 17th with 35 points, could possibly have slipped down to 31. But in doing so they might have given points to Burnley and/or Hull and so dropped into the relegation places. Either way the practical answer is that no-one has finished on 31 and survived.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If we waited till 8th march for our next win, would the manager still be here?[/quote]Don''t know, cusdp, but, sure as hell, if so ,there will still be the usual suspects on here saying, "Hughton is getting it right, just hold your nerve, give him time , blah blah blah.".

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If we waited till 8th march for our next win, would the manager still be here?[/quote]As someone who is on the fence, no I do not think he would still be our manager.

Typical Reggie trying to turn yet another thread into the usual arguments. S I''ll play...

If we''re still within 3 points of top half in March will the usual suspects still want him out...

Never sets us up to win, too negative, snot wimper howl [:''(]

I''d be embarrassed with that total of points, but you know what? I''d probably take it if it meant 17th place finish. That''d do. Not one to shout around about but we''d have another year of TV money at least!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Would you be happy for the manager to stay, with 31pts and 17th?[/quote]Is that a general question cusdp, or aimed at anyone in particular ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Would you be happy for the manager to stay, with 31pts and 17th?[/quote]

Would you guarantee his replacement would get more?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Would you be happy for the manager to stay, with 31pts and 17th?[/quote]No.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Would you be happy for the manager to stay, with 31pts and 17th?[/quote]This is honestly not meant to be a smart-@rse answer, cusdp, but, quite frankly, if we''d sunk so low that we were in that position of having scraped so few points by May 18, I''d hope that the board would have acted some weeks previously, and there would have already been a change in manager. So, to answer your question in the most honest way, I''d say that it was in very little way the new manager''s fault, so be minded to stick with him for 2014-15;

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Typical Reggie trying to turn yet another thread into the usual arguments. S I''ll play...

If we''re still within 3 points of top half in March will the usual suspects still want him out...

Never sets us up to win, too negative, snot wimper howl [:''(]

[/quote]Yes, I wanted him out last season and nothing i have seen this season has changed my mind

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Is that your opinion Morty or what you perceive others to be?[/quote]Eh?Of course its my opinion, why would I post somebody elses?

And to perhaps expand on that, I support Hughton, and I have seen glimpses of things starting to click into place, but if they haven''t clicked into place a bit more by the end of the season then it may be time for a change in the summer.I would like to see something around our finishing position last season.

"

NORWICH (Norwich result first)

Jan 11: Everton (a) 0-1Jan 18: Hull City (h) 1-1Jan 28: Newcastle United (h) 2-2Feb 1: Cardiff City (a) 1-2Feb 8: Manchester City (h) 1-1Feb 12: West Ham United (a) 1-2Feb 22: Tottenham Hotspur (h) 1-3Mar 1: Aston Villa (a) 0-0Mar 8: Stoke City (h) 1-0Mar 15: Southampton (a) 0-2Mar 22: Sunderland (h) 2-1Mar 29: Swansea City (a) 1-2Apr 5: West Bromwich Albion (h) 1-1Apr 12: Fulham (a) 0-2Apr 19: Liverpool (h) 0-4Apr 26: Manchester United (a) 0-2May 3: Chelsea (a) 1-4May 11: Arsenal (h) 1-3

can''t see us getting 4 at Chelsea