Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Robert Snodgrass stat

I was actually wondering yesterday whether a player can ''assist'' themselves.

If player A gets fouled for a free kick or penalty and player B scores that free kick or penalty, then player A gets an ''assist'' credit (i think).

Snodgrass won the free kick that he then scored against West Ham.

So he has got an assist, he assisted himself, if I am right in thinking that if another player had scored that free kick he would have been credited with an ''assist''.

Any experts out there who can clarify?

[quote user="Le Juge"]I was actually wondering yesterday whether a player can ''assist'' themselves.

If player A gets fouled for a free kick or penalty and player B scores that free kick or penalty, then player A gets an ''assist'' credit (i think).

So he has got an assist, he assisted himself, if I am right in thinking that if another player had scored that free kick he would have been credited with an ''assist''.

Any experts out there who can clarify?[/quote]

In the real world, I have no idea.

In fantasy football...No

What constitutes a chance? I shot or header towards goal?

The fact that he takes a lot of free kicks and corners would account for much of these stats.

Snake

Bald stats are pretty much meaningless.  Misleading at best.  Snodgrass sees a lot of the ball, maybe a tad  too selfish at times for the good of the team.  He is always involved - but not always effective, that much is clear - stats or no stats.

Possibly this could be demonstrative that slow-paced inswinging crosses from a player who has checked back to cross with their stronger foot (playing on the opposite flank) or attempting conventional crosses with their weaker foot are harder to convert i.e. still count as a chance created in the stats, but much more difficult to convert

Ah! I think I get it. A slow meaningless cross from the right wing after checking back on to his left foot which is aimed at one of our strikers who has a massive defender behind him ............ is a chance?

[quote user="Le Juge"]I was actually wondering yesterday whether a player can ''assist'' themselves.

Any experts out there who can clarify?[/quote]as it''s all meaningless bollo x then it''s about as worthwhile as concerning yourself about how old Santa''s reindeer are

[quote user="lake district canary"]Bald stats are pretty much meaningless.  Misleading at best.  Snodgrass sees a lot of the ball, maybe a tad  too selfish at times for the good of the team.  He is always involved - but not always effective, that much is clear - stats or no stats.

[/quote]He also takes our set pieces which I assume count as crosses. I''ve seen a number that have found the head of a Norwich player only for them to fluff their lines. Then I''ve also seen some bad crosses from Mr. Snodgrass. The fact none of our strikers seem greatly confident at scoring headed goals (1 from RVW so far I believe) may be partly the reason for this issue as well.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lake district canary"]Bald stats are pretty much meaningless.  Misleading at best.  Snodgrass sees a lot of the ball, maybe a tad  too selfish at times for the good of the team.  He is always involved - but not always effective, that much is clear - stats or no stats.

[/quote]He also takes our set pieces which I assume count as crosses. I''ve seen a number that have found the head of a Norwich player only for them to fluff their lines. Then I''ve also seen some bad crosses from Mr. Snodgrass. The fact none of our strikers seem greatly confident at scoring headed goals (1 from RVW so far I believe) may be partly the reason for this issue as well.[/quote]that should tell you everything as you can see how things were in context rather than some meaningless sh  ite jotted down (and made up) by some nerdas said elsewhere it''s like having some saddo sat watching you shag some bird whilst he ticks variois boxes - then telling you how good it wasit is football - not trainspotting .... though sadly it seems to have dragged in a fair number of the latter