Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Everton fans preview

You think that sums us up?

Not sure what is sadder really, that match preview of someone who obviously hasn''t watched more than one of our games this season, or the fact you are going along with an opposing teams'' "humourous" report to heap more negativity on your own.

[quote user="morty"]What a load of rambling rubbish!
[:D]
[/quote]That is doing it a big favourit is far, far worse than that

No, not a dig.

The article didn''t really get going and passed us by quite quickly. Just mirrors how we are off other teams radars.

I think the perception is quite accurate. It''s not a great article but the nail has been hit on the head.

I.S., is it that time if the month?

That''s 3 minutes of my life I will never get back. A rant about nothing really. Must be the famous scouse humour they bang on about.

Sums us up quite nicely. Interesting how teams perceive us now.

"how teams perceive us now"oops, my mistakeI hadn''t realised that this was a collective piece penned by the Everton team, whoever they areI had thought it was put together by some deluded Jeffrey Archer style scouser with little grasp of us, or football either come to that

[quote user="can u sit down please"]No, not a dig.

The article didn''t really get going and passed us by quite quickly. Just mirrors how we are off other teams radars.

I think the perception is quite accurate. It''s not a great article but the nail has been hit on the head.

I.S., is it that time if the month?[/quote]
Its no great shock that everton look down on us. I dont see the point you are trying to make other than that you think we are boring, and have found someone else who agrees.
No, its not really a great article, but if it supports your point of view....[Y]

Just the perception interests me whether it supports my view and many others or not.

You don''t hear a lot about us from other fans apart from when your on holiday wearing a city shirt and someone shouts "lets be having you" or "Jeremy goss" at you.

We have just slipped off of people''s radars.

[quote user="morty"]What a load of rambling rubbish!
[:D]
[/quote]Your right Morty the biggest load of nonsense i have read for a very long time. They really are up there own rear ends and have won  bugger all themselves for years either.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just the perception interests me whether it supports my view and many others or not.

You don''t hear a lot about us from other fans apart from when your on holiday wearing a city shirt and someone shouts "lets be having you" or "Jeremy goss" at you.

We have just slipped off of people''s radars.[/quote]
Have we ever really been on most fans radars though? Other than for the two things you mentioned?
There are loads of teams not on my radar, I am sure they dont take it personally.
In general fans know a lot about their own teams, then a limited amount about bigger teams.
I couldnt name you 5 west brom players, for example.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Anelka long foster Morrison and our man McCauley. Surely?[/quote]
My point is that I have very little interest in other football clubs, so it comes as no great shock that Everton have little interest in us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Anelka long foster Morrison and our man McCauley. Surely?[/quote]
My point is that I have very little interest in other football clubs, so it comes as no great shock that Everton have little interest in us.
[/quote]
If this is true, then you have little interest in football as a whole. I could name you 5 players from at least every team in The Premiership and Championship. I''m actually shocked!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Anelka long foster Morrison and our man McCauley. Surely?[/quote]
[/quote]
If this is true, then you have little interest in football as a whole. I could name you 5 players from at least every team in The Premiership and Championship. I''m actually shocked!
[/quote]
There are certain teams I know more about than others, and certain teams I wouldnt even bother watching. Frankly if say, hull v west brom was on the telly, I doubt i would even watch. 
And knowing a lot of players could just as easily mean you play a lot of fifa on the x box, it doesnt neccessarily mean you know a lot about football.
[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Anelka long foster Morrison and our man McCauley. Surely?[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
There are certain teams I know more about than others, and certain teams I wouldnt even bother watching. Frankly if say, hull v west brom was on the telly, I doubt i would even watch. 
And knowing a lot of players could just as easily mean you play a lot of fifa on the x box, it doesnt neccessarily mean you know a lot about football.
[;)]
[/quote]
That could be very true. For me I have always watched as many other games as available whoever they are. I guess I take in all the highlights of games each weekend I don''t see, and I have a genuine interest in both transfer windows, so I know who is where, and how much they cost etc.
Xbox!! How dare you insinuate I get this all from Xbox...... PS3 mate [;)] Haha!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Anelka long foster Morrison and our man McCauley. Surely?[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[;)]
[/quote]
That could be very true. For me I have always watched as many other games as available whoever they are. I guess I take in all the highlights of games each weekend I don''t see, and I have a genuine interest in both transfer windows, so I know who is where, and how much they cost etc.
Xbox!! How dare you insinuate I get this all from Xbox...... PS3 mate [;)] Haha!
[/quote]
I used to watch a lot more football than I do now, but frankly a lot of it has become very, very boring and predictable and I find myself doing other things instead. Even the bigger teams have started to bore, with perhaps the exception of Arsenal and Man city, there was a time I loved watching Man Utd, and Spurs were great to watch last season, but it has all become a bit too conservative to be entertaining.
There has been a demise in truly entertaining players, like Bale and Ronaldo, I honestly dont think the Premiership encourages individual talent any more.
I would honestly consider something like making a draw worth zero points to give the game a kick up the ar$e.

Not at all CUSDP, I''m just fairly surprised you are reading so much into an Everton fan site article. I may well be wrong, but I think it is fairly obvious where you are intending to go with it...

Honestly, I couldn''t give a monkey''s if a smug Everton fan thinks we''re unremarkable - I don''t think we follow Norwich to impress other people to be honest, and I hope we ram it back down his throat tomorrow ;)

"I would honestly consider something like making a draw worth zero points to give the game a kick up the ar$e."

which would hardly give the team one nil down much incentive in the last few minutes of a game, or even two down with five minutes to go

[quote user="City1st"]"I would honestly consider something like making a draw worth zero points to give the game a kick up the ar$e."

which would hardly give the team one nil down much incentive in the last few minutes of a game, or even two down with five minutes to go

[/quote]
And your suggestion is?

[quote user="City1st"]eh ?

[/quote]
Well I was intimimating that the football has become a little sterile, and I would consider a rule change to try and encourage less conservative football, and you considered that my idea wasnt the best (even though it was a throw away, off the top of my head) so, what would you consider would be a better idea to get more entertainment back?
Sorry if this wasnt clear.

My Dad always thought it''d be better to reward the team with more attacking intent to win a game. So if it were a draw, look to see who had the most shots on target to determine a winner rather than have draws. He never liked the idea of penalties, as it can often give a result that is unfair to the course of the game.
I like his idea, much like goal difference separating teams on the same points in the league table. Bound to see more attempts at scoring, rather than seeing teams parking the team bus on the goal line at away games.

[quote user="morty"]There has been a demise in truly entertaining players, like Bale and Ronaldo, I honestly dont think the Premiership encourages individual talent any more.
I would honestly consider something like making a draw worth zero points to give the game a kick up the ar$e.
[/quote]
I agree totally. The Premiership has become quite dull and "safe" in the way some teams play. I think though this is why you get the smaller teams able to challenge the bigger teams in some games, as the Bales and Ronaldos who can change a game on their own for the bigger teams are disappearing.
Even Bale alone, the last few seasons he has stopped us getting a few points from Spurs that without him playing we would have got.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="City1st"]eh ?

[/quote]
Well I was intimimating that the football has become a little sterile, and I would consider a rule change to try and encourage less conservative football, and you considered that my idea wasnt the best (even though it was a throw away, off the top of my head) so, what would you consider would be a better idea to get more entertainment back?
Sorry if this wasnt clear.
[/quote]I understood your point as my post pointing out the blindingly obvious flaw in itMy question (eh?) was in response to your suggestion that I should have to have some solution myself if I want to point out the flaws in yours.For the record I would that this is not a problem (if there is one) that can be solved by a rule change - not should it be decided by some silly counting of stats or we could end up with some as sterile and contrived as Gridiron where it is mostly the sponsors and advertisers deciding what happens in the brief moments of activity amongst the hours of standing around.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]My Dad always thought it''d be better to reward the team with more attacking intent to win a game. So if it were a draw, look to see who had the most shots on target to determine a winner rather than have draws. He never liked the idea of penalties, as it can often give a result that is unfair to the course of the game.
I like his idea, much like goal difference separating teams on the same points in the league table. Bound to see more attempts at scoring, rather than seeing teams parking the team bus on the goal line at away games.
[/quote]
It will come I think, sky sells this round the world based on entertaining the masses, and they wont stand for people getting bored with it. It comes to something when the bundesliga is more exciting!