Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Anyone Else Increasingly nervous about the rest of the season?

There''s obviously four teams worse than us. Gunn was one of the worst managers we''ve ever had and couldn''t give anyone a run for their money.

Hull have been the surprise package and Bruce has gone way up in my estimation. But just because a team have just come up, it doesn''t automatically mean they will be easy to beat.

Increasingly nervous? No. Just nervous and very disappointed how this season has gone. But with some of our injured coming back,and maybe a few decent purchases,we should be ok.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We used to get these "not renewing" claims every January. But then, even after relegation to league one they renewed. I hope this time they''re more honest and loads keep their word and chuck in their tickets. I''ve got 9 grandchildren scrabbling for the scraps that are left as it stands now...

[/quote]I feel a thought should be spared for those few[8-|] who thought they were being clever[H] by taking advantage of the old regime''s "pay five years in advance" scheme and now find they are lumbered with a season ticket for 2014-15 whether they want it or not...[:@][8o|][:@]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

We used to get these "not renewing" claims every January. But then, even after relegation to league one they renewed. I hope this time they''re more honest and loads keep their word and chuck in their tickets. I''ve got 9 grandchildren scrabbling for the scraps that are left as it stands now...

[/quote]I feel a thought should be spared for those few[8-|] who thought they were being clever[H] by taking advantage of the old regime''s "pay five years in advance" scheme and now find they are lumbered with a season ticket for 2014-15 whether they want it or not...[:@][8o|][:@][/quote]

[H]I hope you paid the yearly increases........

When this forum is stacked with misery having a good memory brings much amusement. Poor old Bury cried wolf long before we signed him...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m suggesting if you''re not enjoying the football (although now indy has says he doesn''t go to games) and you don''t buy into what the manager is doing and you know he won''t be sacked, then why bother going. I didn''t on many occasions last season because the games were very drab, (although tactically, hughton got it right for his team at the time) though i thought we would be fine in terms of not being relegated.

If you''ve supported the club for a long time, but suddenly aren''t enjoying the games and won''t for the foreseeable future, then why spend hundreds of pounds going to watch it.

.....''and what a total wally''......really....you can do better than that[/quote]

I believe that many like myself , who find the current exhibition of football at Carrow road less than enjoyable , continue to attend because of our life long love of the club and team . I always attend , even though most games this season and last are drab.

Hughton has managed to give me the same horribly sickened feeling that only Roeder has managed before .............wether or not he gets us relegated , we will see at the end of the season , but at some time , either he will be gone or the football will improve .

The club will hopefully survive him .

Yes I could do better than the "wally " thing ,,, but my intention was not to be unnecessarily, offensive to you , merely to demonstrate my opinion of your claim of enjoying this years football,, in my opinion .....it is worse than last years .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryOne"]There are not 3 worse teams than Norwich this season , we will go down comfortably and all because we wont sack the worst manager we have had for years , even Gunn could give him a run for his money . Be honest , after all the money spent we look light years behind Hull for Christs sake .[/quote]Light years behind Hull. Really? Are hull the new swansea stick to beat Norwich with?[/quote]Nothing new there Morty. Hull and Preston were the sticks used to beat

our club back in the days when they were looking for that "black hole".

[;)]

"You must not give in to the darkside and be seduced by the miserarblists"excactlyThis dark cloud of doom will not stay over Carrow Road forever despite what the miserablists claim - football doesn''t have to be like thisThose who want bright attacking football and excitement just need to hold their nerve and know that soon he will be goneThe sun will shine again, folk will once again merrily amble their way contently towards the ground as if going to a wedding, not a funeral

ps fair play to young master nutty who is always up with the hip new jive (errr, man) and technology as it appears not only has he taken what is known as a ''selfie'' but has posted it up as his avatar

City first, I doubt there has ever been a time when most of us weren''t worried about an implosion as game time approached.

That''s part of being an NCFC supporter who really cares.

What I wonder is how do the real, non-plastic supporters of perpetually successful clubs feel as game time approaches. If they''re always sure they''re going to win, what''s the fun in that?

Yes I''m nervous. The knife edge approach that we watch each week does nothing to calm my nerves. As I have said before the current style makes the moments in the games so huge, it would be nice to be three up once in a while at half time. Our wins, or defeats are occassioned by a few incidents in the match, caused by lots of possesion in neutral areas. To be fair I think it is as much part of the modern premier league trends of formation set up, and even when we seem to be playing with two strikers that very quickly changes when we lose the ball. 

I have say I watch the return of Andy Carroll with some trepidation. Remains to be seen what difference he will make to West Ham who are many peoples bankers to finish below us.

I also don''t like the look of our remaining home fixtures , we certainly will need to beat one or two of the higher placed clubs as we did last year.

That said, we havn''t been far away , and the return of a few players must help. Critically we must provide the service to Hooper. Give him 3 chances and he will most likely score which is a good return.

I can''t see us getting much today, and I hope Jelavic doesnt start too well next week!

i havnt seen anything since october thats made me think we are capable of winning enough games to stay in the leaguecertainly havnt seen enough that makes me think when we go into those last four games we will have built enough of a gap to be safe

one thing is for sure, if hughton takes us down having spent all the money he has he shouldnt get a top flight job ever again and we will get laughed at for letting him do it

Just a bit nervous! If results go against we could be bottom 3 come sunday night. It is difficult to see us getting anything today. We need a minimum of 4 points from the 2 home games coming up to keep our heads above water. March will be the key month when we will have to get 10 points ahead of the run in. We could do with someone running away with the league now so that maybe 1 or 2 of those teams we play in the last 4 will be "on the beach". I genuinely feel we have the best squad in the bottom half. A key will be to get RVW firing as you feel he & Hooper could get enough goals to keep us out of trouble. I like Hughton but you can''t help but wonder where we would be with a more progressive attacking manager at the helm. I think we will finish 4 or 5 points clear of trouble in 16th.

I''m not worried about us and I think we''ll have a better second half of the season. The first half of the season had successive obstacles. At the start of the season the team simply hadn''t really got used to each other. Things showed signs of really clicking at Stoke with Howson/Fer/Tettey in midfield, then Tettey''s injury broke that up. Robert Snodgrass looked like he was heading back to his old self then got injured himself, then more injuries, and more.

We''ve got a lot of strong players coming back online soon. Fingers crossed that we don''t have as many injuries this half of the season. If we don''t then I''m sure we''re going to do better in the second half of the season than the first.

increasingly worried is about par for the course isnt it? The reality of a close season finale always increases tension so not sure I see this season being any different. Historically we have not done well in the second half of the season. Perhaps what is different is the ease with which fans hit a panic button.

We are in a good position and I dont see any particular reason to be overly concerned; for us to go down we will need to have a deteriorating run together with the bottom 5 improving. possible but unlikely with a squad unlikely to be so blighted with injuries, boosted by the emergence of youth stars, new signings accustomed to the prem and looking to enhance brazil chances and probable strengthening before the end of Feb.

It will be tense, I am confident we wont be relegated.