Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

Norwich Pubs - City Games

Looking for some help here....

It is not very often that I do not attend a game and as a result have not had many opportunities to try out the City pubs showing Norwich games live at 3pm. The few iMessage I have they have been pretty poor quality streams or not working at all. I thought that a lot of pubs had Swedish (or similar) satellite Chanel''s showing HD quality pics.

Does anyone know pubs that always show satellite broadcasts?

Where do fellow posters recommend??

Thanks!

I have watched games in the ketts hill tavern and the murderers in the past, but not for a while, so dont know how up to date my info is, sorry.

I have tried both relatively recently and both have disappointed .

I got to Ketts nice and early, waited and waited with a blank screen. Eventually at 3.10 radio Norfolk came on!

I watched the Sunderland game in the Murderers recently and it was good on the whole however it was a stream and the picture quality was not great...

stay at home and watch it on a stream - you can ever line up a few decent beers at £1.50 a time

The Wig & Pen has been very reliable every time I''ve watched the games in there but get there early as the TV''s are not huge, although adequate. Also the Micawbers heavily advertise the games so I guess their pictures must be decent too!

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]I have tried both relatively recently and both have disappointed .

I got to Ketts nice and early, waited and waited with a blank screen. Eventually at 3.10 radio Norfolk came on!

I watched the Sunderland game in the Murderers recently and it was good on the whole however it was a stream and the picture quality was not great...[/quote]
Ach, not good. Sorry, no further suggestions, I tend to go to a lot of games too.

Try the Rose in Queens Road/Bracondale, nice atmosphere, big screens and as a bonus I''ve seen Darren Huckerby in there a few times!

Good bacon sarnies too!

Alfie, is that the on at the top of city road? If so I have been there and it''s been very good. Foreign stream with radio norfolk commentary.

The Rose is best went there for Sunderland (A) went to Pig & Whistle initially but they couldn''t find channel and gave up at quarter past three and went to Rose where there were no problems in finding channel.

Beware of the Pig

Brighton Yellow,

Due to Premier League injunctions the foreign satellite broadcasters only now show one 3pm kick off rather than all simultaneously, meaning that Norwich are rarely shown. Most pubs therefore rely on a subscription based broadcast via broadband on a specific system, which is generally of a good quality but is by its very nature always potentially subject to some of the issues described above. The places to avoid are the ones showing a feed directly from one of the streaming websites, as quality tends to be more erratic.

As mentioned by others, Micawbers, Ketts and Rose are all good options, no personal experience of the others but sure some are ok.