Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Tim Sherwood on Football Focus

What a breath of fresh air was NCFC old-boy, Tim Sherwood in his FF interview today. I know he has the reputation of a straight talker,but it was great to hear some of his common-sense comments.Stuff like '' people get too hung up about formations'' (lots of people on this board please take note ).''I''m here to win football matches and entertain people''''What the fans are interested in is not 4-3-3/4-5-1, but where we are in the league, how many points we''ve got and how many goals we score''''if we are not challenging in 18 months time, Spurs will still be here, but without Tim Sherwood.''

OK, I accept that he was in front of a camera, but wasn''t the honest, open attitude a far cry from what we get week in week out under the current Norwich City administration, and too many people on this board ?

Its a refreshing outlook, but when you are a Spurs and have access to multi-million pound players, then perhaps it is easier to have an outlook like that.  That''s where AVB came unstuck, too restrictive.    The better players you have the more you can be expressive.  However, if we set up like that we would likely end up at the bottom of the league (and no, we''re not bottom at the moment, contrary to popular opinion).  

Saying things that fans like to hear. Which isn''t necessarily a bad thing.

But it''s one thing talking the talk and another walking the walk.

If he struggles with Spurs people will say he was tactically naive etc.

For saying the same as Sherwood about formations, I was told by a certain poster on here to stop trying to be ''Jose friggin Mourinho''

This is an attitude which permeates English football sadly, and so I agree that Sherwood is definitely a breath of the fresh stuff