Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

Andrea Ranocchia rejects NCFC.

That is truly ridiculous.

Whilst your analysis is correct and very influenced by hindsight, at the time Doncaster was constantly ridiculed on here for forgetting the ambition part. It was a running joke that gave Mello for example many wonderful posts.

I agree it was so what unfair but to say it didn''t happen is just daft.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]That is truly ridiculous.

Whilst your analysis is correct and very influenced by hindsight, at the time Doncaster was constantly ridiculed on here for forgetting the ambition part. It was a running joke that gave Mello for example many wonderful posts.

I agree it was so what unfair but to say it didn''t happen is just daft.[/quote]Best not to try to guess what was in my mind some years ago. My - as you are kind enough to say - correct analysis owes nothing to hindsight. And I didn''t say the ridicule didn''t happen. Of course it did. What I was objecting to was your blanket use of "we" to suggest everyone here shared in and agreed with it. Some - a few, I grant you - did not.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Bidding for a superstar or two that you are 99.9% sure you aren''t going to be able to get is a great way to deflect criticism when you end up spending pennies on a couple of mediocre journeymen.[/quote]that is exceedingly stupideven for you