Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

Andrea Ranocchia rejects NCFC.

[quote user="Insidersknowledge"]We had a €10m bid accepted, but Andrea Ranocchia is not interested in a move to Carrow Road.[/quote]Wow. That''s a hefty transfer fee. Strong indication of what the club''s thinking!

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Insidersknowledge"]We had a €10m bid accepted, but Andrea Ranocchia is not interested in a move to Carrow Road.[/quote]Wow. That''s a hefty transfer fee. Strong indication of what the club''s thinking! [/quote]That story linked to does not say we made a bid of any amount, let alone had one of €10m accepted. It does not even say we talked to the player''s club.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Good, he''s not worth that.[/quote]

Really? I think he is.....

Some people thinking that he is off to chelski as replacement for Luiz.

bl00dy hell, its amazing that we''re looking at a player of that calibre.

If you aim for the moon and miss, at least you''ll be amongst the stars......or some $hit like that

steady on old fellowyou can''t go imposing all these sort of requirements on football ''facts''best thing is to join in, can be great fun to see how many you can get taken upnot too difficult if you know how, the hard bit is making money out of itmaybe I should set up a website called Sty Sports, dye my hair unfeasibly jet blackand post up all the old nonsense I can dowload from elsewhereby tacking " it''s been reported/claimed/rumoured..."my co-hosthttp://i1.cdnds.net/13/21/618x410/showbiz-mick-mcmanus-1.jpg

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Insidersknowledge"]We had a €10m bid accepted, but Andrea Ranocchia is not interested in a move to Carrow Road.[/quote]Wow. That''s a hefty transfer fee. Strong indication of what the club''s thinking! [/quote]That story linked to does not say we made a bid of any amount, let alone had one of €10m accepted. It does not even say we talked to the player''s club.[/quote]

Why would people come on here and blatantly lie, what would be the point

Just a people will tell you that they have an imaginary friend who lives in the cloudsthey are extremely stupid and want to believe any old guff however improbable - and however little evidence there is for it

I''m quite happy we are even linked for names like him. Few years back he was considered to be most promising CB and even thought hype around him didn''t carry his weight at the end he has become quite good CB and definitely would be upgrade for our current CB''s even Bassong.

Too bad he didn''t want to join if rumours were true in first place.

we can be linked with Messi if you care to read the right webpages

It''s usually a sign of a club that doesn''t expect to sign anyone. Then they can placate the fans with "We didn''t manage to sign anyone but look at the ambition we showed in trying to sign those quality players". Its a trick Gold & Sullivan are famous for using at West Ham & before that at Birmingham as well

oh dearso it''s now Norwich City (who exactly) who are planting these stories ?rather them being a combination of stuff planted bt agents and stuff made up by the media(I can only imagine what your take is on the moon landings)

I hope Mcnally does the decent thing and panics on the last day of the window and buys some dodgy Argie to keep Becchio company on that cold bench.

But it is club nothing to do with McNally, or so we are toldthe club simply handover a few million to Hughton and he does the restflying round the uk and europe to watch games and keep track of players, flying round the the same spots to meet agents and then draft up the contracts and negotiate the wagesmaybe that is why we are struggling - would be better if we had a scouting network, a board to oversee matters and some legal expert and a hard faced negotiator to settle the dealbut alas, all that is left to Hughton

I thought the flying around watching games was the job of Ewan Chester?

err. it was being sarcasticthe basis is that the club receives info about players from many sourcesthese are collated and discussed with the board along with the manager and coaching reportsthe players wider life and approach is also consideredby this stage informal confidential soundings have been taken any decision to proceed is then followed up by McNally closing the deal

We are talking about millions upon millions, which require an awful lot more diligence than merely reading some guff in anewspaper then asking Hughton ''if he could do a job for us''sadly many on here think it is the latter

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Insidersknowledge"]We had a €10m bid accepted, but Andrea Ranocchia is not interested in a move to Carrow Road.[/quote]Wow. That''s a hefty transfer fee. Strong indication of what the club''s thinking! [/quote]That story linked to does not say we made a bid of any amount, let alone had one of €10m accepted. It does not even say we talked to the player''s club.[/quote]

Why would people come on here and blatantly lie, what would be the point[/quote]I don''t know what the point would be. But the story still doesn''t say any of those things.

Have aiming for possible unrealistic targets like this hindered us?

Toivonen, quags and alderweireld have left us needing to plug a gap some 5 months later.

I''ve no problem going for players like this but are we barking up the wrong trees?

Yes Ricky was a coup but these 3.......

Why do so many have to take a negative slant on every piece of City news?Some really need to take stock of what they think and say because we are only on this planet once, so why waste it being negative all the time?

We are struggling to score goals so what does hapless try and do, spend a fortune on a defender. You couldn''t make it up. They way he is systematically destroying the legacy of the Messiah makes me both very sad and angry

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Have aiming for possible unrealistic targets like this hindered us? Toivonen, quags and alderweireld have left us needing to plug a gap some 5 months later. I''ve no problem going for players like this but are we barking up the wrong trees? Yes Ricky was a coup but these 3.......[/quote]

For me the only way pursuing the likes of quag et al can be a negative is if the club do not concurrentlty work on alternatives in case the main targets dont land (we were hardly alone in not getting our prime targets with all the big 4 in teh summer failing on at least one - arsenal bought no striker having not enticed Suarez for example).    

The club admitted they did not get a cb which was a prime position to fill,  what we dont know is how active they were on other targets

[quote user="mrs miggins"]bl00dy hell, its amazing that we''re looking at a player of that calibre. If you aim for the moon and miss, at least you''ll be amongst the stars......or some $hit like that[/quote]

Quite right. Minus the $hit bit!

We are seeing clubs like ours aiming for players like this (Swansea, Southampton) so we should be too. If we don''t get them, fine, but some will come off.

I''m pretty sure that when players like this get linked to the likes of Chelsea and thier agents will advise them of what to hold out for.

It''s a pretty high profile target and somewhat unrealistic that he would consider move here from Inter. But good to see that we are asking the questions to these type of players and making the offer.

To be honest far more exciting being linked to Ranocchia than the likes of Heitinga.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Have aiming for possible unrealistic targets like this hindered us?

Toivonen, quags and alderweireld have left us needing to plug a gap some 5 months later.

I''ve no problem going for players like this but are we barking up the wrong trees?

Yes Ricky was a coup but these 3.......[/quote]CUSDP, I wouldn''t be sure we were that serious about this Italian defender, and that is assuming there is anything at all in this report. Perhaps a gentle inquiry; it is not as if the transfer window is about to close.As for those other three, Quagliarella always seemed like a wild goose chase, and probably Alderweireld, but Toivonen was a realistic target, and still might be. PSV are not going to qualify for the Champions League, so he is likely to leave now or in the summer. It is just that we look less attractive now than we did last summer.