Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Grant Holt for sale

[quote user="morty"]So Chris Hughton made Grant Holt age quicker?I really have heard it all now....[/quote]

A couple hours with me in the Nelson premier inn prior to a home game and I would age you at least 5 years!!!

[quote user="Fat Nat"][quote user="morty"]So Chris Hughton made Grant Holt age quicker?I really have heard it all now....[/quote]

A couple hours with me in the Nelson premier inn prior to a home game and I would age you at least 5 years!!![/quote]Make it Dunston Hall, as opposed to the Premier Inn, and the deal''s a good''un Nat.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Holt goes to Carlisle, they might get an extra person through their gates  (I went once a few years ago and swore never again)

Would be good to see them rise up a division..............or two.....
[/quote]

They certainly could do with the extra person, the attendance has been appaling this season, however, they couldn''t afford his wages let alone a transfer fee!

Brunton Park though is a remarkable stadium, I''m disappointed with your dismissal of it. How can you not be tempted back by the East Stand which is offset to the pitch by about 30 feet due to a proposed redevelopment that never happened (away fans get the seats that look onto the neighbouring terrace) or the fact that it is the largest capacity stadium that still has terracing left in England, the toilets even have a roof these days!

[quote user="morty"]So Chris Hughton made Grant Holt age quicker?I really have heard it all now....[/quote]Shame that no-one has actually said that!One of my posts was incorrectly interpreted in that way, which I have since clarified.I do firmly believe that Hughton hastened the end of Holt''s career at the highest level possible howver, through his decision to play him in a manner which was completely at odds to the way we''d previously had the best out of him...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

old overweight and past it....

thats the reality people.

we got rid of him for this reason

[/quote]Hughton got rid because he has no clue

Swap deal for Becchio. They would have to stump up a bit of cash as well though!

...enough already. We don''t need Grant, we need Gary!

[img]http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2998655.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Gary-Goals-ad-2998655.jpg[/img]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Hughton took away the momentum that holt had. Surely that can''t be in question?[/quote]Clear as daylight to me, cusdp, but of course there are the usual suspects who excuse everything Hughton does.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Hughton took away the momentum that holt had. Surely that can''t be in question?[/quote]Pies took it away mate.Pies.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Hughton took away the momentum that holt had. Surely that can''t be in question?[/quote]Clear as daylight to me, cusdp, but of course there are the usual suspects who excuse everything Hughton does.[/quote]Man love, thats what it is

Well, If he is now of Championship quality, he''ll be handy next season at the present rate. If used only as a sub, he might just pinch a few game winning goals and his qualities as a Captain should not be forgotten.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

old overweight and past it....

thats the reality people.

we got rid of him for this reason

[/quote]Hughton got rid because he has no clue[/quote]

Yes...because Holt has scored a load of goals for wigan who arent selling him...

This would be the same holt in a division lower, who cant a game.... who is leaving after less than 6 months...

Clueless chris indeed......

Strange about Holt. Started quite well for Wigan, scored a few goals at the beginning of the season and then got injured didn''t he? I didn''t think he was doing overly badly. Better than Morison anyway

[quote user="morty"]Its almost like Hughton got shot of him at EXACTLY the right time.......[/quote]

Indeed and replaced him with his Swedish look alike that finds it impossible to put the ball in the back of the net. Replaced a fading goal scorer with Elmander hardly a glowing reference for his competence

We now require 2 players to replace Holt on the pitch. Hooper for his goalscoring & Elmander for his height, heading & battling with defenders. So in affect we are a player down by playing 2 people to accommodate the lost of Holt.

Swapping Becchio for Holt to use as the 4th striker is not a bad idea. But Wigan would need to happy with the arrangement.

People here are harping on about how good the Wigan midfield is compared to ours. If this was the case why has Holt scored so few goals - lacking midfield creativity obviously.

Unbelievable that some thing bringing him back will make things better. Shows how little some know about football.He''s way past his best.

I did say bring in as 4th striker whoareyou

I didn''t say clear the decks & bring him in for the 10 year plan - did I ?

[quote user="Six Pack"]I did say bring in as 4th striker whoareyou

I didn''t say clear the decks & bring him in for the 10 year plan - did I ?[/quote]Oh dear. There''s always one, isn''t there?To to go along with SP''s idiotic idea, lets bring back Martin, Mc Donald, and Vaughan as well. Come to think about it, Anthony Mc Namee''s not getting a game at present......

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"]Its almost like Hughton got shot of him at EXACTLY the right time.......[/quote]

Indeed and replaced him with his Swedish look alike that finds it impossible to put the ball in the back of the net. Replaced a fading goal scorer with Elmander hardly a glowing reference for his competence[/quote]

The swedish lookalike is a definite upgrade. If Holt can''t score in the Champiionship he is not likely to score in the Prem, while in terms of technical skills and pace Elmander has a lot more to offer.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"]Its almost like Hughton got shot of him at EXACTLY the right time.......[/quote]

Indeed and replaced him with his Swedish look alike that finds it impossible to put the ball in the back of the net. Replaced a fading goal scorer with Elmander hardly a glowing reference for his competence[/quote]

The swedish lookalike is a definite upgrade. If Holt can''t score in the Champiionship he is not likely to score in the Prem, while in terms of technical skills and pace Elmander has a lot more to offer.[/quote]Pace? Elmander is one of the slowest footballers I''ve ever seen! I like him as a link player when we''re up against more physical teams, and I think he''s worth a place in the squad, especially if Hughton does decide to pair Hoop and RVW together now they''re both fit. If we want to release Becchio and bring in another fourth striker I don''t think that''s such a bad idea, but I think people calling for Holt to return are letting their hearts rule their heads. Nothing wrong with more experienced players in the short term, but it''s not like Holt has Dion Dublin''s level of fitness. That''s why he can''t get a game for a mid-table Championship side, surely?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"].

For those mocking him, I won''t labour the points that at times he singlehandedly took us up the leagues but will reflect that if he is struggling now that is partly due to the battering he took in a Norwich shirt. Like Hucks, he was kicked,elbowed and knocked around and that takes a toll on even a very fit strong man.[/quote]Don''t think many are mocking him, Cambs . Certainly not me (though to say he got us out of Lge One singlehandedly is pushing it a bit)But, I am gently mocking those who , as recently as 7 months ago were suggesting the heavens would fall in if GH left us.And, in a parallel to today''s debate, I feel the same about those who are suggesting Hoolahan is irreplaceable.

[/quote]

But has anyone scored any goals since he left??

If people can''t see what Elmander brings to the game then they probably don''t know as much about football as they think they do.Its funny that all the things that Grant Holt got praised for like his running off the ball, his hard work, and his clever, technically minded play, Elmander is criticised for.And he was never a replacement, only a temporary measure (the fact he''s on loan is a clue) until we find the right man.Patience people, patience.

And it wouldn''t surprise me if either Becchio or Elmander is just keeping a place warm fro Carlton Morris.

Six Pack wrote:

I did say bring in as 4th striker whoareyou I didn''t say clear the decks & bring him in for the 10 year plan - did I ?

Reggie Strayshun wrote:

Oh dear. There''s always one, isn''t there?

To to go along with SP''s idiotic idea, lets bring back Martin, Mc Donald, and Vaughan as well. Come to think about it, Anthony Mc Namee''s not getting a game at present......

There''ll be a lot more than just one Reggie

In your attempt to ridicule me you have made an absurd statement - you''re saying Becchio''s definitely better than Holt - once again your expert opinion - a player with 2 premiership starts & no goals (Becchio) opposed to one (Holt) with 23 premiership goals.

I didn''t mention bringing back Martin, McDonald & McNamee - you did !

Oh dear - I think you''re it !!!