Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Steve Bruce

Am I the only person who thinks this guy would be a great appointment?

Has past with our club and done a decent job everywhere he been (mostly). Was harshly sacked at Sunderland when they were sitting 10th in Prem.

Think he has learnt from his past mistakes and would definitely be better than the numpty we have on charge now.

I can see is giving Hughton another £10m to waste this window and send us down.

Let''s get someone in before he wastes more valuable money!!

I would like to think that despite our current position, that we are a slightly more attractive option for him than Hull.

I expect most to say no to him, but personally think he would do well.

Not sure about Steve Bruce''s recruitment methodology; announcing Hull have agreed a fee for Jelavic but they still have to ''sell'' the club to him puts that whole deal at the risk of being hijacked...

[quote user="scrappy33"]would rather AVB[/quote]

Never going to happen. He will go abroad and be a success. Maybe Inter, Monaco or somewhere I would imagine.

I do think he would come here, like Lambert left for Villa. Even though we''d finished above them in the league, they have a bigger ground. Bigger budget etc.
We are essentially a ''bigger club'' than Hull. And if Bruce was approached and felt we have the players here he could use to keep us up i''m sure he would join us. And I think he''d be a good appointment, not inspiring. But would keep us up and be a better choice to establish us in this league than Hughton. I think I used to think he wasn''t all that, and preferred Hughton when we appointed him. Fairly sure I was was wrong and Hull have a better manage than us.

I didn''t think Bruce was a good manager - Brum were poor and Sunderland were a liability with him at the helm.  But Hull are tough to breakdown, they create in midfield and have now started scoring some good goals. He has also shown he can get the best out of some very average players.And he likes us!!Its a Yes from me.

[quote user="NWC"]I didn''t think Bruce was a good manager - Brum were poor and Sunderland were a liability with him at the helm.  But Hull are tough to breakdown, they create in midfield and have now started scoring some good goals. He has also shown he can get the best out of some very average players.And he likes us!!Its a Yes from me.[/quote]

I didn''t used to rate him much either. But definitely think he has adapted and developed as a manager now. Would keep us up for sure IMO.