Sign in to follow this  
Liquidator

9/1

Sick of seeing people in numerous threads saying ''oh well we were 9/1 to win'' as a defence of Hughton. It''s idiotic! The very fact that we were 9/1 is a criticism of Hughton in itself as it is his fault that the bookies can so confidently give these odds!!! Defending him with it is like saying "Oh well he''s proved how carp we are all season so why stop now"

I don''t expect to be favorites before anyone asks, but 9/1 is cup tie odds, and should ring alarm bells anyway, not be something to defend the management team with!!

"what the bookies can so confidently give these odds!!!"

the odds are based on what the punters are placing as betsNOT some random number they have conjured up

Afraid those sort of lame excuses are all the Hughton apologists have left , we were not 9/1 to beat Fulham and we lost that yet every other team are handing them a thrashing.

[quote user="City1st"]"what the bookies can so confidently give these odds!!!"

the odds are based on what the punters are placing as betsNOT some random number they have conjured up

[/quote]

I believe it''s a combination of expert views and betting patterns. If you''d rather change my initial statement to ''why people are so confident to wager their hard earned cash against us'' then that''s fine with me

[quote user="City1st"]"what the bookies can so confidently give these odds!!!"

[/quote]To be fair City 1st the odds have to be conjured up by the bookies only on past experience to get the ball rolling. The odds only alter when the money comes in.

Past experience would have put us at evens.

We were undefeated against Everton in our last 5 fixtures against them.

Made it easy for them today.

"I believe it''s a combination of expert views and betting patterns"

absolute nonsense !they are called bookmakers because the ''balance the book'' ie they offers odds on eventualities that ensure they end up winning, any bookie who followed your pattern would be bankrupt within the week