Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

team and scoreline v everton

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We will win 2-1 and Johnson will score......[/quote]
I would put that on at the bookies if I were you, you could make some money on that!
[/quote]33-1 on us to win 2-140-1 on Johnson to be first scorerwhich is over £1200 for your quid.............. but needs Johnson to score first

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

Fair enough. Garrido because I really think Redmond needs a rest on the

bench for a game. He shouldn''t be brought on unless its for the last 15 minutes

to give it a real good go. Garrido is a great crosser of the ball, and should

help provide Olsson with a little more protection and cover than Redmond would.

I assume away from home against a team beaten the fewest times in the league, we

should be looking to be a defensively tight unit all over the

field. 
[/quote]

Agreed about Garrido''s crossing but I''m not keen on playing a fullback in

midfield unless there are no other real options. Square pegs in round holes only

for emergencies. Olsson and Redmond have played together more than Olsson and

Garrido so they should have a better understanding anyway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

Fair enough. Garrido because I really think Redmond needs a rest on the

bench for a game. He shouldn''t be brought on unless its for the last 15 minutes

to give it a real good go. Garrido is a great crosser of the ball, and should

help provide Olsson with a little more protection and cover than Redmond would.

I assume away from home against a team beaten the fewest times in the league, we

should be looking to be a defensively tight unit all over the

field. 
[/quote]

Agreed about Garrido''s crossing but I''m not keen on playing a fullback in

midfield unless there are no other real options. Square pegs in round holes only

for emergencies. Olsson and Redmond have played together more than Olsson and

Garrido so they should have a better understanding anyway.

[/quote]
What about swapping them? Having Olsson in midfield as he can play there and has the pace, with Garrido at LB to overlap? I agree about Redmond, but think right now having him in the team isn''t benefitting us as much as it will once he has had a rest. I''d put Pilks in if he was match fit. This is my alternative as I think Nathan desperately needs a rest.

I like it better that way round Seattle. But I''d still go with Redmond. It could be that Hoots played Garrido on Saturday to give Redmond a rest for the cup tie. It could also be that he tried it with a view to the Everton game as well. I''d personally give Redmond a rest when Pilks is fit.

Everton a slick, exciting skilfull side. Exactly the football I wish we played. Will be an unchanged line up from Palace I reckon but a 3-0 defeat.

Would like the team to be;

GK. Ruddy

RB. Martin

CB. Bennett

CB. Bassong

LB. Olsson

DM. Johnson

RCM. Howson (if fit)

LCM. Fer

AM. Hoolahan

ST. Hooper

ST. RVW

Will never happen though.

[quote user="hazza9"]Would like the team to be;

GK. Ruddy

RB. Martin

CB. Bennett

CB. Bassong

LB. Olsson

DM. Johnson

RCM. Howson (if fit)

LCM. Fer

AM. Hoolahan

ST. Hooper

ST. RVW

Will never happen though.[/quote]
Interesting. So is that the diamond system that you''d like to see given a go? As I see you''ve not included any wingers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I like it better that way round Seattle. But I''d still go with Redmond. It could be that Hoots played Garrido on Saturday to give Redmond a rest for the cup tie. It could also be that he tried it with a view to the Everton game as well. I''d personally give Redmond a rest when Pilks is fit.

[/quote]
Yeah agree with pretty much all that Nige [Y] 
Either way we should be able to make it through the game.  Guess we''ll have to wait and see the manner in which Hoots wants to go about this tough game.

This is probably one of our better chances of getting one of those unexpected results. However, no matter what the team selection, Hughton will set up for a 0-0.We will go 1 down in the first half but Hughton will change nothing until it''s too late and we''ll end up losing 2 or 3 nil. Seen it all before.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We will win 2-1 and Johnson will score......[/quote]
I would put that on at the bookies if I were you, you could make some money on that!
[/quote]33-1 on us to win 2-140-1 on Johnson to be first scorerwhich is over £1200 for your quid.............. but needs Johnson to score first

[/quote]

So so wrong!

[quote user="Making Plans"]No matter what the team selection, Hughton will set up for a 0-0.We will go 1 down in the first half but Hughton will change nothing until it''s too late and we''ll end up losing 2 or 3 nil. Seen it all before.[/quote]And I''ve just seen it again.

If I didnt know better, I''d say you can see into the future.

Sadly, I know better. Your prediction was hardly a miracle but rather based on all too familiar experience.