Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

team and scoreline v everton

I dont think theres any reason why we cant get something out of this, we actually have a good record against Everton, and our away performances have improved as late.
I am going for an optimistic 1-1.

I also have no idea what team will be put out.

The right application could get us a point 1-1, however if we fail to pressure them, we could easily be on the end of a 3 or 4 nil defeat.

[quote user="morty"]I dont think theres any reason why we cant get something out of this, we actually have a good record against Everton, and our away performances have improved as late.
I am going for an optimistic 1-1.[/quote]Spot on Morty. Since we''ve been back in the Prem, we''ve P5 W1 D4 L0 so I see no reason we can''t do it again.1-1

I think Garrido played well enough t keep his place in midfield, especially as we are away and CH may decide to negate their midfield with a more defensive line up, which is a bit harsh on Fox, but we have the cup replay to play within 3 days and I would expect that team to be similar to last Saturday’s.. Would prefer to see RM at RB but suspect SW will keep his place, however I think if we start we two up front playing of each other we can give them something to think about, so; 1 - 1 and the following line up.

Ruddy

Martin or Whittaker, Bassong, Bennett, Olsson

Snodgrass, Johnson, Fer, Garrido

RVW, Hooper

This is the third such thread over the last 2 days asking for team selections for Saturday. So far only one other person than me has suggested playing Wes. In fact some didn''t even have him on the bench. That amazes me because it flies in the face of what was being posted when folk thought he was leaving. I''ve now come to the conclusion that the majority on here would use him the same if not less than Hoots does!

I think I''d start with ...

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Olsson

Snodgrass Fer Johnson Redmond

Hoolahan

RVW

Fox played well so more people are clamouring for him to play but I wouldn''t leave out Fer or Johnson to include him. Whittaker/Martin was a difficult choice but if Baines is fit I think Martin is the better option. RVW/Hooper is also difficult but RVW scored against Everton in the corresponding fixture.

As for the result.. I don''t think we''ll lose mayve 1-0 or 1-1.

Fox for me has earned a start.

Ruddy

Martin  Bennett   Bassong  Olsson

Johnson

Redmond   Fer Fox  Garrido

RVW

I think if you''re including Hoolahan NN, i would maybe tempted to have Garrido (or olsson) on the left in place of Redmond. I just think a midfield including Hoolahan and Redmond could be a bit too much of a pushover away from home.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido

Johnson

Fer Fox Snodgrass

Hoolahan

Hooper

Midfield possession important against a Martinez side, but I suspect Elmander will play and we''ll lose 3-1.

Yup, I''d go with Nutty''s pick with the Morty mod. Probably bring on Hooper for RvW after 60 mins or so (depending on how it''s going).

Haven''t got a clue about the score; a draw would be excellent!

[quote user="morty"]I think if you''re including Hoolahan NN, i would maybe tempted to have Garrido (or olsson) on the left in place of Redmond. I just think a midfield including Hoolahan and Redmond could be a bit too much of a pushover away from home.[/quote]

Maybe if he was in a four but I reckon we''d be ok in a five.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This is the third such thread over the last 2 days asking for team selections for Saturday. So far only one other person than me has suggested playing Wes. In fact some didn''t even have him on the bench. That amazes me because it flies in the face of what was being posted when folk thought he was leaving. I''ve now come to the conclusion that the majority on here would use him the same if not less than Hoots does!

Ruddy

Hoolahan

RVW

Fox played well so more people are clamouring for him to play but I wouldn''t leave out Fer or Johnson to include him. Whittaker/Martin was a difficult choice but if Baines is fit I think Martin is the better option. RVW/Hooper is also difficult but RVW scored against Everton in the corresponding fixture.

[/quote]
You''d have RVW because he scored against the same team 19 games ago? And leave out the only player who has been making goals out of nothing? I like the rest of your team. Swap Redmond for Garrido, and definitely RVW for Hooper and that''s my team.

Nutty I''d go with your team with Morty''s change.

And I think the majority on here maybe wouldn''t play wes, but I also think the (vocal) majority on here think a lot of things that aren''t always the average NCFC supporters opinion.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]I think if you''re including Hoolahan NN, i would maybe tempted to have Garrido (or olsson) on the left in place of Redmond. I just think a midfield including Hoolahan and Redmond could be a bit too much of a pushover away from home.[/quote]

Maybe if he was in a four but I reckon we''d be ok in a five.

[/quote]
Yeah, fair point. But the trouble with Wes is that he cant be fully relied upon to play a disciplined midfield role, but it is that unpredictability that makes him good at what he does. Double edged sword.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ruddy

Hoolahan

RVW

[/quote]
You''d have RVW because he scored against the same team 19 games ago? And leave out the only player who has been making goals out of nothing? I like the rest of your team. Swap Redmond for Garrido, and definitely RVW for Hooper and that''s my team.

[/quote]

No.. that''s not the only reason. Based on what I''ve seen I also think RVW has greater movement. Against that is the fact Hooper has greater match fitness. Hoots will probably start with Hooper. But I thought this was for our own teams and not what we thought would happen.

Why Garrido? 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ruddy

Hoolahan

RVW

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.. that''s not the only reason. Based on what I''ve seen I also think RVW has greater movement. Against that is the fact Hooper has greater match fitness. Hoots will probably start with Hooper. But I thought this was for our own teams and not what we thought would happen.

Why Garrido? 

[/quote]
Fair enough. Garrido because I really think Redmond needs a rest on the bench for a game. He shouldn''t be brought on unless its for the last 15 minutes to give it a real good go. Garrido is a great crosser of the ball, and should help provide Olsson with a little more protection and cover than Redmond would. I assume away from home against a team beaten the fewest times in the league, we should be looking to be a defensively tight unit all over the field. 

[quote user="mrs miggins"]howsons injured. Is fer suspended anyone?[/quote]And there was I thinking that you were a genned up City supporter & therefore you would know about such things

We have a decent record at Goodison averaging 1 point per game.I''d happily take that tomorrow.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We will win 2-1 and Johnson will score......[/quote]
I would put that on at the bookies if I were you, you could make some money on that!

-------------------Ruddy---------------------

Martin - Turner - Bassong - Olsson

-------------- Fer ------------Johnson-----

-------------------Hoolahan ----------------

Hooper -------- RvW ------- Redmond

But at the end I think neither Hoolahan and RvW wont play and Elmander & Snoddy will replace them.

But if we are trailing in the second half that we would try something like that.

In my opinion this should be Wolf''s game because of his height and as Everton''s game is based quite much in posession these days Hoolahan would be perfect man to cause some trouble for their playmaking and same time give us some boos in keeping the ball.

Hopefuly Fox is at the bench as if Fer is exhausted as in few previous games we could use some fresh legs even thought their level is totally different.