Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

What are your crudentials ? What makes you think you know more about football than anyone else?

Ok,so many posters on here seem to think they know more about football or Norwich than anyone else on the site & that whatever they say is right & others wrong. So what is everyones crudentials? What makes you think you know more about football than anyone else?  Personally mine are not up to much other than the obvious (school team) & playing for a number of local clubs around the Attleborough area on a saturday up untill i was 33 & sunday league with my collar up & massive hangovers My managerial career has been limited only to the Playstation 2

So anyone care to share theres?

I think playing helps.....can relate to scenario''s and pressures etc.

I have been on books of pro club when younger and now play semi pro, i think playing makes a difference.There is nothing worse than someone who has never kicked a ball moaning about what a player has done or how he could of scored that!

Im not wanting to offend people who have not played and sorry if i have done.

Football is our passion and it brings us alltogether. its one of the most opinionated sports in the world,it wouldnt be right not to have the argument down the pub with ya mate about tactics untill your blue in the face that your right!

Thats why i love this bloody game!! Oh.....Knowledge is definately the bomb hence my nickname of statto!!

OTBC

CUSDP

Playing football helps, as you understand whats happening etc.

I watch football that qualifies me to talk about it anyone can have there opinion, aren''t we being far too conceited to say our opinioncounts more than others. everyone''s opinion isequal.

It''s not having a go at anyone,its trying to find out what posters have done,ie play football/manage at different levels. Like i said my crudentials are not up to much but then again i dont pretend to know it all & always think im correct.

Two Sheds, if you are going to make statements ( as you did on your initial post on this thread ) then at least give enough thought in advance to ensure that is what you really mean. You certainly did take a general swipe at some posters although, without indicating who your comments were directed at, you potentially tar everyone with the same brush. In your second post you state you were not having a go at anyone. Well. which is it? I am not really sure that your point regarding football knowledge validates anything anyway. Some of the postings on this message board could be from people with significant experience in various facets of football, but some of those individuals have significant difficulty translating that knowledge into a written form that is easily comprehended. I''m not speaking about poor grammar or spelling but messages that are just difficult to understand what the person is trying to convey, so who''s to judge. Incidentally, it is "credentials" not "crudentials".  

Lol theres always one. Its no different if i am at the pub talking over football with mates,one of us is always right even if we are wrong. So Yankee you may take it any which way you like,it doesnt bother me one little bit. If it came across wrong or right i dont really care either. In the year i have been posting on here i couldnt remember a post like this one & it is/was a way of learning something about fellow posters like those who have already replied. Our county might be big but there is a chance some of us have played football against eachother at some time in the local leagues,school or semi pro or pro. I thought it would be interesting. Sorry (not) if it offends,i will stick to Worthy Out posts in future!

I''ve won 5 Premierships in a row on Championship Manager.  I therefore have the bestest football knowledge on this message board, and in fact, any message board I choose to grace with my presence.

In fact, in light of my achievements, I feel that the board should sack Worthy right now, and install me as manager.

I personally play football and always have at not a bad level, so I''m immune from this "criticsm".

However, this is the most stupid assumption that the better footballer you are, the more you understand the game. Nonsense. If this was the case, then Chelsea should sack Mourinho and appoint Wayne Rooney as manager - after all he''s a far better player.

Absolute nonsense.

Your topic should have been "Who on this board plays football?" if thats just what you wanted to know...

As my wife constantly tells me I know nothing about anything,that my opinions are worthless ,and that my intellegence is akin to pondlife ,I have always felt at home on this board,so I  should immediately be made city''s manager and poster of the year!!

Actually I think this is a good thread. TwoSheds is actually doing something I support for once!!! I dont think there is any harm in what he has said.

My interpritation is what backround do we come from in a football perspective. That way people may be able to understand our opinions and views. Something that is lacking from this board - depth.

There are some people out there that may do nothing than analise the football from the television - something I have been reduced to doing a lot in recent years! As far as my footballing history goes.

I played for my middle school team, high school and 6th form teams. I started playing in adult leagues aged 16 and have played for quite a few local teams as well as some not so local. I am in my last couple of weeks at university whom I play football for. I have played in every position in the standard 4-4-2 formation, although I will never claim to be good at them all!

I also have a basic coaching qualification and have coached kids at my old school as well as out in the states for a summer job. I hope at some point to push this further as coaching is something I enjoy!

As for computer games, I took Norwich from more or less the same position as Worthy on LMA manager and got us the championship the first season (after signing Gazza for £500K, and Ginola for £1million). And the prem in the second, then I got bored of sustained success and gave up, leaving it to gather dust.

Apart from that I obviously watch any match on TV when I can even if it is not my beloved NCFC playing and much to the annoyance of my girlfriend (although recently it has been mainly Chelski who she supports). I watch match of the day for highlights and sit in any pub that shows us playing in my area (Surrey).

I hope that perhaps gives more depth to any of the arguments I put forward, as I feel that is what two sheds is really trying to do hear, not encourage boasting or ego combat.

Just for those who still dont get it, I am still no more right or wrong than someone who has done more or less than me, it just gives more perspective on where someone is coming from!

I couldnt have put it better myself Chicken,but then i did only go to Acle High School & spent most of my time bunking lessons. Your reply is exactly what i was looking for & very interesting. I wish you good luck for the future!

Hey Nolegs,are you sure its your wife & not mine? They sound very simular,maybe they are twins

[quote]Hey Nolegs,are you sure its your wife & not mine? They sound very simular,maybe they are twins[/quote]

Sorry there''s only one soupdragon!!