Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Everton Match Thread

We had a good flowing move on 38 mins, the ball reaches Snoddy and he passes it back 25 yards back to whittaker!

Hoolahan for Fer.Diamond 442 pls.*steels himself against the "take off Fer?????!!!1111127" backlash*Fer is a good player, but horses for courses, and other redundant cliches.

Outnumbered in midfield, not sticking up top, defence under too much pressure but also too casual. Hopper should have scored. Can''t see this ending in anything but a defeat unless we get a real stroke of luck.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]This doesn''t look good. We''re terrible at giving the ball awayEverton must wonder how they haven''t put this to bed already. [/quote]I would have to disagree. We''re actually quite good at it! 

The players look clueless and have absolutely zero confidence in what they''re being asked to do. The body language says it all. Hughton has to go now.

HT in fairness we had 2 good chances, but we just look so lethagic compared to them

t least we created some panic in the Everton box there ... still unable to score though.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]The way we are playing, we are a certainty to go down. Sorry but it''s a fact isn''t it?[/quote]

By no means.

snoddy wasn’t sure whether to pass or shoot there... hit it as hard as you can snoddy!half time now...I actually have a feeling we will get back into this. like it or not a change needs to come up top. one of the strikers for either Elmander in a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-5-1 midfield.We need to Bully everton.

Agree City1st.

We don''t give each other options because of this zonal system, and on top of that we just don''t work hard enough.

And when we do have the ball, we panic and give it away.

For all of Hoolhan and Fox''s weaknesses, they always WANT the ball, and have a good idea of where to pass it when they have it. But i''m afraid in this system they''d be almost as useless as Johnson and Fer are today.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Also can Snodgrass please stop taking corners, he''s rubbish, especially with Garrido on the pitch.[/quote]but the Snodders wouldn''t get the plaudits if we scored

Where is LDC, I need some positivity.

We are not crap

Hughton is the man for us

We are not going down

We look like a team full of ideas

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]The way we are playing, we are a certainty to go down. Sorry but it''s a fact isn''t it?[/quote]

No. It''s not a fact.

I don''t disagree that we''re candidates for relegation, but you''re passing off your opinions as fact.

Can everyone please send Elliott Bennett a get well soon card. We need a right sided midfielder ... we appear to be missing one today.

"jas the barclay king"

snoddy wasn’t sure whether to pass or shoot there... hit it as hard as you can snoddy!

half time now...

I actually have a feeling we will get back into this. like it or not a change needs to come up top. one of the strikers for either Elmander in a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-5-1 midfield.

We need to Bully everton.

Something sure needs to change. We can''t go through another half like that.

So bloody tired of slack , lazy and dozy defending, exemplified by Bennett for the Barry goal. Backing off all the way back to Norfolk. Terrible.

Bassong looks dozy and slack, as always. Don''t rate him at all this season.

Whittaker panics every time with the ball, never finds a team mate with his passes.

Shame about Hooper and RvW chances that went begging though Could easily have been a draw at ht.

Strange that a former defender like Hughton can not teach thiis decking team how to defend. Been horrible all season.

What is indisputable from anyone is that

1.We are an abysmal footballing team

2.We very rarely create clear cut chances

3.We don''t score goals

4.We''re poor defensively

and you could argue that we don''t work hard enough, are extremely panicky in possession and look very complacent .

We have a very good chance of going down playing like this, anyone who disagrees has their head in the sand I''m afraid. This style of play isn''t what''s keeping us up, we''re above the relegation places in spite of it. Hughton sort this team out, soon or F off!

Their poor from seems to continue, so Martin on for Whittacker and Hoolahan to replace Snodgrass for me...

First time this season ive thought we are simply just not good enough. Had three good chances but still feels like we have no belief we can score. Looked positive before the game when you see both strikers on the pitch. But in reality just leaves us short in midfield. Getting a bit fed up hearing how great rvw is and that his movement is great. Means nothing when your not scoring and when your team mates dont play a through ball all season. Starting to think hes a luxury we can ill afford. By the time we get tettey pilks and howson back we may have left ourselves too much to do. We need a couple of signings to help us out quick.