Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Rabbits out of a hat

Whilst we never truly know what''s going on at Board level, and how real the pressure is on Hughton, he has on a few occasions this season got a result, when all else "looked lost".And that appeared to relieve some pressure on him. We''ve had a poor festive period, and failed to pick up anywhere near the points against the poorer teams that everyone hoped.One wonders where Hughton might pull the next "rabbit out of the hat", but it''s hard on paper to see where that might comeWe''re on a poor run, so do you think Hughton will be able to do this again? To be fair a single win has the potential to elevate us right up the table!

I have no idea Samwam. But if the board think he can then they should stick but if they think he can''t they should twist. What I do know is that if we lose on Saturday the board will be under huge pressure to act.

I''m still happy to go with the board. They are the ones who  have to deal with the pressure and live with it. We can just post an opinion and then get on with our lives.

I agree Nutty. each game is massive, but Hull is crucial. A wiinable game, win and we''re well up the table, draw or defeat, and we''re in real trouble.McnAlly knows all about the financial ramifications of failing in this league, and that is still more important to him and the board, than whether they like Hughton. Each game puts more pressure on Hughton and the Board to act, if results continue to fail to pick upTime will tell

Funny thing is that every time he is a game from the sack- to the outside eye- he does it. Which would suggest we WILL get a win against Hull. Which will give him a stay of execution...then lose again!

Wrong - take a look at the form table over last 6 games! Only Swansea have been worse than us on goal difference but look who they have played and they''ve got Laudrup and are above us. Fulham, Palace, Sunderland all better than us!

[quote user="My_left_foot"]Wrong - take a look at the form table over last 6 games! Only Swansea have been worse than us on goal difference but look who they have played and they''ve got Laudrup and are above us. Fulham, Palace, Sunderland all better than us![/quote]

And of those last six games, only against Fulham were we %favourites to win. I think a lot of posters have very unrealistic views of the relative strengths of teams in this league.

i agree with nutty but if we wait till hull another week gone from the season and transfer window so that really is the gamble

if we done it now the new manager would have some time to get some new faces in

massive gamble either way

" I agree with nutty but if we wait till hull another week gone from the season and transfer window so that really is the gamble"

So that can be interpreted as either a) we don''t have the players we need on the pitch so therefore maybe we should buy some (it isn''t the managers fault)

or

We do have the players we need (or are confident we will soon) and it may be the managers fault, so therefore the transfer window is irrelevant to making a decision to change manager.

" I agree with nutty but if we wait till hull another week gone from the season and transfer window so that really is the gamble"

Let me try that again:

either a) we don''t have the players we need in the squad so therefore maybe it isn''t all the managers fault and we should just get on with buying some, or b) we do have the players we need, and we are confident we will get them back on the field soon, so even if it proves to be the manager''s fault the Jan transfer window is irrelevant to making any decision to change manager....