Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

How can a new manager be any worse ?

We need a new manager as I cAn not see how he could do any worse , the whole club needs a lift and some fresh ideas

New tactics letting the players express themselves and the mindset to fight for the team !

I know they have better players but Sherwood has taken a team that like ours were playing within themselves defensive football just like us and given them a more attacking setup

That''s all we need we have the players to play better we have no debt we have the fans it is the manager that needs to change !

Why couldn''t a new manager do worse?Lots will finish up with less than a point a game this season and that includes clubs who have swapped managers and that''s a stone cold certainty.

He can do worse, changing a manager is always a gamble. But i personally think it''s a gamble worth taking.doesn''t matter though because he clearly is here to stay.

It all depends on who the manager will be. Some of the suggestions on here meams it could be a hell of a lot worse.

He could do worse by winning less than 21% of the games, whichis acceptable to some. I prefer someone who wants the othrr 79% of the games.

That''s good business AND common sense.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]He could do worse by winning less than 21% of the games, whichis acceptable to some. I prefer someone who wants the othrr 79% of the games.

That''s good business AND common sense.[/quote]

You may be as plastic as plastic can be but you are talking much sense

We are in free fall 2pts of bottom 3 and 3 pts of bottom how can we do any worse with son mine ( I don''t know who ) do any worse than that we can''t just sit back and watch this will not get better !

Head in sand hoping is what the board are doing And in a business that is not good sense get rid when we still have a chance of staying up !

The current management team is very unfortunate to be missing the services of four first-choice midfield players - Pilkington, Tettey, Howson and Bennett. IMO they either need to be sure they are back by the end of this month or go out and buy, as our available match day squad isn''t strong enough. That''s isn''t being helped IMO by some player choices but I doubt a new manager is going to change things around w/o getting better players on the pitch.

Look forward to when we could field a team like this :

Ruddy

Martin R.Bennett Bassong Olssen

Tettey Fer

E.Bennett Howson Pilkington

RvW

TeC, if you think I''m plastic, you don''t know shlt about me.

Surfer, we have the talent available. It''s just not being used efficiently. Over and over again.

Mmm, suggest the OP looks at the record of the new managers of teams in the relegation battle to answer that one. Apparently we are in free fall, that one made me smile, nice sound bite to suit a particular agenda. The fact remains the relegation battle is between 11 teams, consequently every week those desperate for points will be playing each other which in my opinion means that the number of points needed to survive will be a lot lower than previous seasons.........

Tettey only very recently got the nod in front of Bradley Johnson, and Bennett has never been in front of Snodgrass so I don''t think they are four first choice midfielders, not to say they couldn''t make a contribution.

I do think the right manager would get more out of the players. Confidence and belief is low, our tactics and passing are both poor at the moment.

The problem with Tettey is that he''s hardly been fit for long since he''s been there. To say other players have been preferred in this case is to say fit players have been preferred. Let''s hope he returns to full fitness and stays fit for a while. Otherwise I fear we will never see the best of him.

maybe I didn''t put my point across very well but I do believe the RIGHT manager could get a extra 10 to 20 % out of the team

yes of course if we got the wrong man it could be worse I do realise this but it is not my job to appoint the right man I just don''t think the manager is getting the best out of the team

the tactics today would have been more suited to a home game 2 upfront left the midfield one short where it might have been better to pack the midfield to stop everton playing

4 or 5 in midfield makes little difference when the game is so stretched. We need to be more compact as a team when we haven''t got the ball (but by squeezing up rather than the defence retreating to the 18 yard box (trench) with the midfield 5-10 yards in front of it.

I didnt see a team lacking in confidence or effort today? I saw a team dominated for the most part by an excellent Everton side (which I expected, at home they have done this to every other team), who conceded to two excellent goals not through bad defending through top quality finsihing, who rallied big time in the second half and who were still not out of the game until the end (I feel we would have had a good chance of a point had Snoddy''s header gone in, even if we didnt deserve it). The Manager also played what so many on here have been crying out for today, in RVW and Hooper and also tried to wrestle with what right now is a very limited squad to get a competitive team out, and the side were still competitive. We lost, but we remain out of the bottom three....why?...because there are now eleven sides in the mix for the drop this season and they are all as inconsistent as we are, some of those have new Managers and are hardly setting the world alight and remain inconsistent...thats this league, thats whats happening and we are part of it. Can a new manager be any worse................ridiculous question.....of course they can....jusy ask Fulham fans!!   

I watched an off colour Chelsea play Hull Tigers earlier and really didnt think Hull looked any better than us and have no reason to see why we shouldnt stand an excellent chance of beating them....and I also think we have a great chance of turning Newcastle over too from what I have seen of some of their away performances.......if that happens and we will have a couple of players back then too, then we will probably be sitting somewhere like 12th position, even if we draw one it will be similar, thats how this league is!!! 

Hull will beat us, let''s all remember super Chris wouldn''t even attack them with an extra MAN last time. When we go down I hope all the Chris lovers remember all the 5hit they''ve spouted about who amazing he is, and there''s no problem with our run in being 3points off bottom place is ludicrous. But f*ck it I''m bored of whinging about chris i''ll show my displeasure by keeping the wallet shut!!!

Spot on.

Hughton is trying to change things to get wins - as people have demanded - two up front today. Let down by Snodgrass disappearing for long periods and the Garrido/olson combination not working (which many on the Board wanted!)

I do think we needed Redmond or Murphy on today - just to get a let out valve and some pace down the side.

And if only Johnson could shoot straight...

Ok, so we''re not in the relegation zone, but thats pretty meaningless in such a tight league. Many fans are unhappy in a way they never were under Lambert. Are the board now paying the price for appointing someone who was easy to work with rather than the best fit for the club?

hoots is mr nice and mr safe if it had of worked it would have been fantastic

a associated director told me they preferred Hughton over lambert as they saw him as safer pair of hands  for the club their words not mine that lambert was a gambler with buying players tactics and the way he was arrogant where hoots on the other hand was well planned very loyal ( unlike lambert ) spoke well nice mannered said eg good morning to the tea lady etc

I understand why he is so well liked but a winner and good manager ? not for me ...........

Re Hull: got to play Redmond next week - Huddlestone got left for dead by a Chelsea player today. I reckon Nathan would have a field day against him - he makes Snodgrass look quick!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I didnt see a team lacking in confidence or effort today? I saw a team dominated for the most part by an excellent Everton side (which I expected, at home they have done this to every other team), who conceded to two excellent goals not through bad defending through top quality finsihing

[/quote]

i agree about the finishing but don''t see how you can say it wasn''t bad defending?

how far did Barry travel with the ball before he hit it? He could have stopped, done a little dance, found his wife in the crowd, give her a kiss, returned to the ball and we still wouldn''t have offered any challenge and he still would have had time to pick where he wanted to stick the ball in the net. Its been one of the worst things this season - standing off teams and letting them pick passes and run through us, something Hughton admitted to asking his team to do in his interview after the west ham game

[quote user="ron obvious"]Re Hull: got to play Redmond next week - Huddlestone got left for dead by a Chelsea player today. I reckon Nathan would have a field day against him - he makes Snodgrass look quick![/quote]Well if he makes Snodgrass look quick there''s not really any need to play Redmond instead then is there? [/sarcasm]Should be playing either Redmond or Murphy each match though I agree. Always useful to have pace in the team to provide an option when trying to win a game.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Re Hull: got to play Redmond next week - Huddlestone got left for dead by a Chelsea player today. I reckon Nathan would have a field day against him - he makes Snodgrass look quick![/quote] the problem is once Redmond beats his man he rarely does anything with it