Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I know it's only his standard pre match stuff and

To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.

Jim,

What impression do these words leave in the minds of the players, exactly as you have said, we are minnows compared to the big fish like Everton, we are most unlikely to get a result here unless soemthing extraordinary happens.

I know sometimes reverse psychology can work but you really have to know what you are doing to risk it and I would suggest that our management team don''t.

They are not alone, there are very few, in any walk of life, who truly undertsand the power of words, both positively and negatively.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.[/quote]I hope he didnt really say that?Hughton out

Skippdogg,

Agree, cos would be bl**dy upsetting for blue noses, I personally wouldn''t be upset, quite the opposite in fact - over the fri**ing moon!

I read this diffently to be honest and really cant see exactly what he has said is a problem....all Manager''s say similar stuff and he is one of the more articulate and sensible in what he say''s...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.[/quote]

Every word he said is true. Thinking it isn''t is merely deluding yourself.Looking at the odds I see Everton are 2-5 while we are 9-1. I wonder why that is?

“Most people would expect them to win the game. We can’t go with that type of mentality,” he said. “We are in good away form and mentally we are in a better place to go there now."

But isolating this paints the same innacurate picture as the comments Jim isolates. And the whole piece is worthless because it doesn''t include the questions Hughton was responding to.

Jim is basically trying to make us all miserable before a ball is even kicked.....

religious slant person hate addict seeking company wallow eir misery

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.[/quote]

Every word he said is true. Thinking it isn''t is merely deluding yourself.Looking at the odds I see Everton are 2-5 while we are 9-1. I wonder why that is?[/quote] it''s cos we are incompetently managed ;)

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.[/quote]the pitch being one of those areasand finally an admittance that he is still forcing the players into this flawed zonal sh  itefor those watching on a stream, check -1 how many times when we gain possession most of our players remain static offering no options2 when the opposition have the ball we sit off them and they always have at least two options ... you can spot where they are going to pass to3 the cardinal sin of allowing an opposition player to be unmarked just outside the 18 yd boxhis failings are so predictable it''s highly likely that other clubs have not watched our games and picked up on them

Bloody managers:

"We expect a difficult opposition. They have real character in the squad. This Norwich side will make things very, very difficult. We want to carry on the good level we have been showing at home this season."

Already making excuses ...

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

Lets hope the performance proves my concerns unfounded.[/quote]the pitch being one of those areasand finally an admittance that he is still forcing the players into this flawed zonal sh  itefor those watching on a stream, check -1 how many times when we gain possession most of our players remain static offering no options2 when the opposition have the ball we sit off them and they always have at least two options ... you can spot where they are going to pass to3 the cardinal sin of allowing an opposition player to be unmarked just outside the 18 yd boxhis failings are so predictable it''s highly likely that other clubs have not watched our games and picked up on them

[/quote]and don''t even challenge but back pedal off the player with the ballsame old........

Javier,

I know it is exactly what he says to the players, if not even more negative. Trust me on this.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair he does talk about maybe "pulling off an upset" (which is irritating in its own right - we are not minnows going there in the FA Cup) but Hughton''s comments about the Everton game make me particularly pessimistic about how today will pan out. "A draw away is always a decent result" and "it''s difficult to close them down in all areas" (or words to that effect) have me fearing a Spurs away type showing where we sit off them.

[/quote]and don''t even challenge but back pedal off the player with the ballsame old........

[/quote]

It was very, very obvious they were doing this at Spurs and his comments before yesterday''s game made it obvious what would happen.