Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Will van Wolfswinkel score more goals than Holt?

Maybe about the same, then again he has been injured for almost half the season...

if rvw and hooper continue to finish like today neither will get to 8.

Holt played nearly a full season - so I assume we are looking at a pro rata of the 8 in any event?

In which case I suspect both will beat it...

Not this season - especially when he is learning a new league and has been out injured 3 months.

And not under this manager either.

Be good to see him score his b*** dy second first - he is lightweight, he does little to get himself into striking positions, he looks totally disinterested, and appears a complete and total waste of money.

Not to Hughton the biggest waste of money NCFC have ever spent.

No real signs of an understanding between him and Hooper, but they simply have to learn to play together our future depends on it. Was quite shocked Hooper didnt tuck them away today. Thought RvW was poor but hopefully its simply rust and there is better to come

He''ll be alright. And it''ll only help if the crowd stick by him.

There will certainly be a few people desperate to see him fail so they can do a bit of "I told you so".

But people would be wise to remember what I mentioned earlier about him being in a new league/country and being out injured before they write him off.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Will van Wolfswinkel score more this season than Holt did last season. Place your bets...[/quote]Bit of a harsh comparison. I prefer to compare him to the other strikers last year where he''s already outscored Morrison, Chris Martin, Luciano Becchio and Harry Kane and has equaled both Kei Kamara and Simeon Jackson. AND it''s only half way through the season, he''s been great so far.

I don''t see him scoring in the Prem 8 more times in the last 17 games. Ashton scored 8 in 16 games? for us in the Prem, and that was pretty impressive back at the time. Considering we have only scored 17 goals total from our team all season which is a joke compared to this stage last season, and the one before (24 goals after 21 games last season AND 32 goals after 21 games the season before) then I do not see just one player coming up with 8 goals alone.
With 6 points less than this point last season, and 8 less than the season before its going to be tough to stay up.

It depends during which period and comparing what? Despite his difficult start my view is that RVW will over his career be more prolific than Grant Holt, whether he will be during his time at our club is another question, but I do hope he will get up to speed and prove all the doubters wrong as he is clearly not a bad player. 

be fair. Holty didn''t score under Hughton either. Strikers do not tend to score under Hughton.

Something about tactics and not playing to their strengths. Under Lambert with Holy RVW would have scored far more I guarantee. His record proves him to be good- poor chap.

Can''t see him scoring 8 more goals to overtake Holty''s tally from last season. Of course, he has been out injured for a long time but he hasn''t scored since August, so just scoring would be a start.

Well again before we play him with decent playmaker night to night he wont score 8 goals.

Yesterday was again perfect example why we need 3 man midfield and if we want to play two strikers we should sacrifice winger, not a midfielder.

I dont know if Hughton reads these forums, but for some reason further this season goes he seems to do more and more things that were not normal in his first season.

And dont get me wrong I still think Hughton is good manager and he has done our game lot of favours since Lambert left and we are far more better football team than we were back to then.

But either for pressure or lack of providing players we have started to play with this 4-4-2 which clearly isn''t working in our favour and as I have said before more strikers doesn''t mean more goals.

Yesterday there was still small hints of his talent. That curved shot for example was technically a great shot and some of other players could take a hint how to slot the ball instead of always going for power.

We were not sitting deep yesterday we were forced to play there because Fer and Johnson couldnt compete against firm Everton midfield, but because of quality of some of our players we still managed to get six shots on the goal.

I''m actually just hoping he manages to score a couple of goals because I''m getting embarrassed for him.

He looks stupidly pissed off. A couple of goals from Van Wolfswinkel, hopefully a world class one so that he doesn''t go on a list of 50 biggest ever flops.

Then we will be selling him at a heavy loss at the end of the season to a Dutch team. That''s how it is looking at the minute.