Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Sleepwalking to the Championship.

And when it happens the fervent pro-Hughton''ers are going to have to shoulder some of the blame.

Time to wake up sheeple, this man will get us relegated.

Yes I am now pro hughton out too...sorry but I have changed sides, the last games have been shocking. NORWICH City BOARD ACT NOW PLEASE!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The Apologists will be along shortly with their smug sarcasm.[/quote]Not until they have had this weeks excuse emailed to themi suspect it will be something on the lines of ''we can''t expect to beat teams like Everton"all dutifully trotted out like the sheep in Animal Farm bleating out the latest pronouncement scrawled on the barn door

A game at Fulham Tuesday night is something we could really,really do without. It has yellow cards and injuries not forgetting a defeat written all over it.

it''s becoming very difficult for Hughton now, I''d like to see it work out for him and wont be an "outer" as such... but everyone has their time and I think his might have come now.

He should have gone after the 7-0 at The Etihad, would''ve given us time to find the right man and time for him to assess the squad before the window opened.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A game at Fulham Tuesday night is something we could really,really do without. It has yellow cards and injuries not forgetting a defeat written all over it.[/quote]even more difficult for the poor s od who will have to draft up the excuse after that gamemaybe it''s the same chap who comes up with all those ''funny'' signs outside of churcheshttp://gregatkinson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/loser.jpgor away from the pitch

Norwich were never likely to win today.  One of the pre-match stats was that Everton had lost only 4 of their last 31 home games.  But what the loss does do is add to the sense of frustration.It''s defeats at home to Fulham, Villa and away to 10-man Hull that demonstrate Hughton is not up to the job. All games where a weak opposition had to do very little to roll-over lacklustre Norwich.

It was like we were playing with 10 men, the obvious counter being a

switch to a 5 man midfield. Outplayed and not even close, with our

better footballers warming the bench.

I think you may be right. I said after the fulham game we needed to get 3 unexpected points to make up for that shambles and i''m still waiting. We need 6 from the next 3 now.

I''m no longer disappointed by Hughton. I gave up a long time ago on him.The people I''m really getting p!ssed off with are the board. Up till now I''ve supported them, but they seem scared to make the bold key decisions. It''s time for a change in attitude from Mc N and co.

[quote user="Le Juge"]And when it happens the fervent pro-Hughton''ers are going to have to shoulder some of the blame.

Time to wake up sheeple, this man will get us relegated.[/quote]
I''m not here to defend Chris Hughton, but it is a bit below the belt to blame other fans who do not agree with your opinion for our current league position.
Ultimately we are all supporters of the same team and want them to do the best they can, whoever is in charge.
Only our board can change who manages the team and I don''t for one minute think they take any notice of opinions expressed on messageboards.

McNally has played this completely wrong.

There is a reason why so many lost their jobs in December.

The only option I can see is Malky Mackay. Perhaps we are the one team that he would write off Cardiff compensation for.

We could give him a big bonus for keeping us up to make up for it.

We get the last draft pick because we didn''t react early enough, and if we sack now the new man is going to struggle to work out what he needs to bring in this window.

Could be too late, should have gone mid-December.

And why do people try and put a guilt trip on us Hughton-outers. Who cares if he is a nice guy (I doubt he is that nice anyway), he works in a high pressure job and 18 months is a good run in this league for a manager.

"a bit below the belt to blame other fans who do not agree with your opinion for our current league position"

Well done for missing the point completely.

Managers usually get sacked as a result of an pressure.

There was a lot of fan pressure at one point, but plenty of loud pro-Hughton voices validating McNally & co''s mistaken belief that Hughton remained the right person for the job.

The fans didn''t want his head enough, so he got to keep it.

Steve Clarke is well liked in football but West Brom fans put him out of the job.

Poyet has just got a team who couldn''t score in a brothel under Di Canio to score 4 away from home.

Whatever we do now is going to be too little too late.

[quote user="Le Juge"] Managers usually get sacked as a result of fan pressure.  [/quote]
No they usually get sacked because of poor results.
If you believe our results mean our manager deserves the sack then fair enough I''m not going to disagree with you.

I didn''t expect us to win today, but a few more draws over the last 21 games would see us in a very different situation in the league.

By the end of the season it will be our inability to grind out enough draws which will send us down.

[quote user="Phil Schmil"][quote user="Le Juge"] Managers usually get sacked as a result of fan pressure.  [/quote]
No they usually get sacked because of poor results.
If you believe our results mean our manager deserves the sack then fair enough I''m not going to disagree with you.
[/quote]No wins in the last 7 games tells its own story.  Especially when you consider five of those games were against teams around us.

"By the end of the season it will be our inability to grind out enough draws which will send us down"

That is either sublime humour or a ridiculously stupid observation. I''m not sure which.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''m no longer disappointed by Hughton. I gave up a long time ago on him.The people I''m really getting p!ssed off with are the board. Up till now I''ve supported them, but they seem scared to make the bold key decisions. It''s time for a change in attitude from Mc N and co.[/quote]

Me neither.

I wanted him out last season

I am disappointed with the posters on here who are still support him

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think you may be right. I said after the fulham game we needed to get 3 unexpected points to make up for that shambles and i''m still waiting. We need 6 from the next 3 now.[/quote]

''Unexpected'' is the key word here, we aren''t getting unexpected results... it''s all getting very predictable, and not in a good way

[quote user="Le Juge"]There was a lot of fan pressure at one point, but plenty of loud pro-Hughton voices validating McNally & co''s mistaken belief that Hughton remained the right person for the job.

The fans didn''t want his head enough, so he got to keep it.[/quote]Part of the problem from this perspective is that we''ve had dross for 20 years now and tend to over-appreciate any manager who produces anything moderately above average. We''re lil ol'' Norwich, a club that has done well to get back up into the top division. We''re doing fine for our size. But this ignores the reasons why we were out of it for so long. The die-hard Hughton-in''ers in their extreme dissonance cannot see this and usually resort to the same well-worn excuses.

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think you may be right. I said after the fulham game we needed to get 3 unexpected points to make up for that shambles and i''m still waiting. We need 6 from the next 3 now.[/quote]

''Unexpected'' is the key word here, we aren''t getting unexpected results... it''s all getting very predictable, and not in a good way

[/quote]

Agree with this, it''s correct to say that Everton away is a tough game but must admit I just had no hope before the game that we were going to win, it was more a case of lose by how many. Sadly there is no confidence amongst the fans or most importantly the team. May be he is different behind the scenes but hughtons dour, conservative and unemotional approach just doesn''t inspire confidence. I still think we have a decent squad with players capable of playing in the premiership and it is for this reason I think hughton needs to go

Wow, 23 posts before saying something ridiculously stupid.

I''ll make it 2 stupid posts in a row.

Currently we have won 5, drawn 5, and lost 11.

This suggests to me that by the end of the season we might be lucky to have won 9, drawn 10 and lost 19, which gives us 37 points.

Will that be enough?

Looking at our games this season so far, and given how we played in these games, if we had extracted a point from Hull, Villa, Chelsea, Fulham and Man U, then we''d be on 25 points and feeling a lot less dispirited.

Trever Hockey. If you got 3 points for a win and 0 points for a draw the same teams last season would have been relegated, and the top 4 wouldn''t have changed.

Wins keep teams in this league, and goals win games.