Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

6 points separate the bottom 12 teams!

And we are right in the middle of it! Enjoy the ride! As long as we don''t pass Leeds or Ipswich on the way, I will be thick skinned enough to handle the worst. I only hope the board make the right choice and more importantly are bold enough to make a choice. It is clear the team needs freshening up and that is either with or without money. Either sack him and get someone else (I''d take Malkay) or back him and back him to get a couple of reinforcements so we can have a true reflection on Hughtons mettle.

Good post JS.  We''re in the mix.  Some people have completely lost the plot and haven''t the stomach for the fight, but the league doesn''t lie - 6 points separating 12 teams.  We should be up for this fight - I just hope a few more can forget  their heads sorted out and get into the reality of the league this season, stop mithering on and enjoy the battles to come. 

To be honest there is a fair bit of dross in the "best league in the world" and we are definitely amongst them. I honestly think there are 3 worse sides than us (only just) but we need to pick up points and pull some distance asap with our run in!!

Also, enjoy the ride is all well and good but when the ride is trying to be slightly better than 3 shite teams then where is the fun? At least some goals and excitement along the way no??

Also, enjoy the ride is all well and good but when the ride is trying to be slightly better than 3 *** teams then where is the fun? At least some goals and excitement along the way no??

Agreed, what we are watching at the moment is too often total dross, but I''ll reserve judgement until Tettey and Pilkington are back (hopefully this week), and ideally Tettey, Howson, Bennett and Plkington are all available ... until then we are going to struggle, not enough fit players in form and this is a very even league.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good post JS.  We''re in the mix.  Some people have completely lost the plot and haven''t the stomach for the fight, but the league doesn''t lie - 6 points separating 12 teams.  We should be up for this fight - I just hope a few more can forget  their heads sorted out and get into the reality of the league this season, stop mithering on and enjoy the battles to come. 

[/quote]

Lost the stomach for the fight? How can anyone support this current shower of shite is beyond me. Today was another textbook away game defeat. It''s so predictable, we''re easy and there for the taking. Hughton is a terrible manger who cannot even select his strongest 11. How BJ can start ahead of Fox and Hoolahan is beyond mental. Get rid of Hughton and get some one in who will restore some confidence and get the team fighting again. Then watch the response from the stands.

I think the league being so close shows really that a new manager would make little difference. Why are half of the teams in the division struggling to pull away from the relegation zone? Is it because they''ve all got managers who are as "terrible" as Hughton? Or is it because they''ve all got fairly average squads of pretty much the same ability, and there is very little between any of them?

If the former is the case, then why are we going to be able to attract a better manager than any of the other bottom half teams can?

If the latter is the case (as would seem the more likely of the two options), then whatever manager you bring in, he is going to struggle to pull clear of the relegation zone any more than Hughton is, simply because we aren''t massively better than any of the other 10 or so sides who are in the relegation battle.

Whatever manager you get in will be much of a muchness in terms of results and points - so the only time I''d bother getting rid of Hughton is if it was evidently clear he had completely lost the changing room.

[quote user="Aggy"]I think the league being so close shows really that a new manager would make little difference. Why are half of the teams in the division struggling to pull away from the relegation zone? Is it because they''ve all got managers who are as "terrible" as Hughton? Or is it because they''ve all got fairly average squads of pretty much the same ability, and there is very little between any of them?

If the former is the case, then why are we going to be able to attract a better manager than any of the other bottom half teams can?

If the latter is the case (as would seem the more likely of the two options), then whatever manager you bring in, he is going to struggle to pull clear of the relegation zone any more than Hughton is, simply because we aren''t massively better than any of the other 10 or so sides who are in the relegation battle.

Whatever manager you get in will be much of a muchness in terms of results and points - so the only time I''d bother getting rid of Hughton is if it was evidently clear he had completely lost the changing room.[/quote]
Weren''t we 7 points clear of the relegation places after the WBA game? I can''t remember exactly. Now we are 3 points off bottom, and 1 point out of the relegation zone, if you take into account our shocking goal difference. I''m taking account that the teams who could leap frog us would improve their respective GD  on us in the games played it would take to draw on level points (us losing to stay on 20 points, and consequently adding to our -18 GD, while they either stay as they are and gain a point and then another point, or win and really stick us in there on merit.
My point is, in a bunch of games deemed "winnable" we have had some apparently pi55 poor teams make 5 points up on us. So did Sunderland get better, or did we get worse? It is one of the 2, that is a fact.

" Weren''t we 7 points clear of the relegation places after the WBA game? "

Yes, but exactly when did Jonny Howson get hurt?

Unfortunately with the injury list we already had, to lose him for the last 5 games has proven to be very unfortunate timing.

Agree totally Surfer. Not everyone likes Jonny but he''s my favourite City player. I wasn''t questioning the injury list as that is part of the game, but merely pointing out that the only gap that has been closed hasn''t been by us on our opposition above, forever 3 points off 10th. But by our opposition below us starting to make up ground.

Something hasn''t been working (other than the first half against United) for the last 5 games, and we''ve tried several variations to no effect. Is there a magic combination of players at our disposal, or are we just too inconsistent and injury prone to really make an impact in this league? When we concede, they seem to be wonder strikes or unlucky goals (rebounds etc), but its the amount of pressure we invite on ourselves in games, and an inability to make the most of the talent/chances we do have that is frustrating us Norwich fans. See you all at Craven Cottage on Tuesday :)

Thing is there are some on here who unlike many of us just cannot face up to or start to understand the overall situation, put their bitterness towards the Manager to one side and start to enjoy the ride, how do they sleep at nights. What I find puzzling too, is that a few also think Malky would be better than what we have now......................sure he did good for us as a player and a decent job (with very decent funding!) at Cardiff City, but should we need a replacement sometime in the future we would certainly need better to progress I feel. 

Seattle - I don''t really see why that makes any difference. We were 7 points clear, so what? Most of the teams in the bottom 10 have at varying times looked like the might pull clear, only to get sucked back in.

As I said in the post above - why are all the other teams not pulling clear either? Why are they not making the most of having 6 point gaps? Why are the likes of Sunderland and Palace still bobbing around and refusing just to go down with a whimper? Why are even Swansea plummeting?

Rather than using the loss of a 7 point gap as an argument, answer me this; why did we lose that 7 point gap? Why have other teams around us lost their gaps and have struggled to pull away from the relegation zone?

If we are not pulling clear because Hughton is a terrible manager, I assume there are 10 terrible managers in the premier league? Or is it that our squad is much better than 10 other teams in the division, it''s just that Hughton is pulling us down? Both seem unlikely. More likely is that our squad is one of 10 which are fairly similar in ability and, as such, none of us are able to get miles clear.