Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Hooper And RVW!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]and today we saw why it should never happen again....[/quote]Need two more creative players behind to make this work.

"and today we saw why it should never happen again...."

Disagree.

We saw why it should never happen again away from home and against one of the best team at keeping the ball.

No reason they can''t play together under different circumstances.

Not sure which is more frustrating; the lack of an edit button or the broken quote button.

So, in hindsight, was it a good idea to go with RVW and Hoops together in attack for the first time away to Everton?  It seems a strange one to me.  Has CH been given an ultimatetum, more attacking football or you are out of the door?  I would have thought that he would have gone for Hoops on his own up front with a 5 man midfield. 

This was not the sort of move that we are used to seeing and it would have been far more inkeeping with Tuesday nights replay or next Saturday game vs Hull.  Now fair play to CH for trying this and think that we will see them play again together this week, but it just seems odd to me. Really odd.

Just Dan wrote the following post at 11/01/2014 6:31 PM:

So, in hindsight, was it a good idea to go with RVW and Hoops together in attack for the first time away to Everton? It seems a strange one to me. Has CH been given an ultimatetum, more attacking football or you are out of the door? I would have thought that he would have gone for Hoops on his own up front with a 5 man midfield.

This was not the sort of move that we are used to seeing and it would have been far more inkeeping with Tuesday nights replay or next Saturday game vs Hull. Now fair play to CH for trying this and think that we will see them play again together this week, but it just seems odd to me. Really odd.

He''s under a huge amount of pressure, that makes you make strange decisions sometimes, some would call it panicking!

For me it was a good decision, if we are to stay up I think we will have to rely on these two getting goals for us,they are both now fit so the sooner they can develop a partnership the better. I just hope he has the courage to continue with it now!

So in hindsight are people saying that Hughton perhaps should have been more negative and put an extra body in midfield?

If you want a positive from playing those two up front today then it could be that they have spent some time together in a match situation and we would probably had lost with an extra man in midfield anyway.

but they weren''t both up front as both were dropping back trying to get the balljust because they are known as a forward it does not mean we were playing two up front anymore than when we have Garrido or Whittaker in the middle we are playing five at the back ......so stop trying to make excuses nuttyotherwise Dan makes some good points, and on previous form Hughton is very weak as with Bechio and it might well be that the board are telling home how they want the team to playif that is the case then it is very worrying on many counts

It didn''t work today, but I am pleased he tried it. We usually get over run on possession away from home, and even in a game that we were well out of we still fashioned 2-3 decent chances.

Did not have the greatest view today but I did not think the two together was a complete disaster.

Garrido looked like a fish out of water in midfield. Positional sense not great.

And RvW close control left a lot to be desired for a player that commanded the transfer fee he has. Could live with it if he was banging in a few goals but."..........!

Hooper and RVW would have done better if Hughton hadn''t bottled it in midfield! We had no one attacking down the wings to give the strikers any service. Hughton played a very defensive midfield. Garrido is a defender and Snoddy is out of form and needs a rest. When Redmond came on we  started to look threatening but not before. We only came to life in the last 20 mins. Hughton needs to act sooner with his substitutions. If Hughton plays 2 up front then he needs to play attacking midfielders to provide the service. Hooper and RVW cannot do it on their own. Should of started the game with Redmond and Murphy and Garrido and Snoddy on the bench. MAN UP HUGHTON!!!

All said with the benefit of hindsight!  But I''m not sure how this ''partnership'' is suppose to work, Hooper & RvW seem too similar to play them together as some said earlier more strikers does not mean more goals.  Hughton does not really have time to experiment too much with his line up but I think it would be interesting to try Redmond in a central attacking role, I like the idea of using his pace to run beyond the opposition''s back four from a more central position and to have Hooper or RvW as the player to drop in to the space created by Redmonds runs.  Not sure how we should organise the midfield but still think we need a some width so Snodgrass & Murphy??  Johnson would have to stay in central midfield.  So how about Fox in the remaining centre midfield spot for his range of passing?  Drop Fer to the bench?

Neither striker will create own chances they need it played over the top or in the box. Fact of the matter is the midfield aren''t doing it on a regular basis. Missing pilks and Howson massively. Until we give them regular chances they aren''t going to score!

Feels like we''ve got a gun with no bullets. Pointless.