Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Hooper And RVW!!

Also, redmond getting a well deserved rest, looks like Olsson on the left, snodders on the right, Garrido at LB and whitts at RB. Benno and bass the CB pairing. Fer and Johnson in the centre.

Bunn, Hoolahan, Fox, Josh Murphy, Elmander, Martin, Redmond on the bench.

No Becchio in sight. may be nothing or may mean he is off next week.

Well that may shut some up.Unfortunately Fox and Hooly are on the bench so that will start some up[:D]

Good to see him trying this away from home, another step in the right direction. OTBC

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Also, redmond getting a well deserved rest, looks like Olsson on the left, snodders on the right, Garrido at LB and whitts at RB. Benno and bass the CB pairing. Fer and Johnson in the centre. Bunn, Hoolahan, Fox, Josh Murphy, Elmander, Martin, Redmond on the bench. No Becchio in sight. may be nothing or may mean he is off next week.[/quote]

It''ll be Garrido in midfield not Olsson....

When there''s two of them up there, they won''t need the creativity as much, they can help each other, we just need to get the ball up there. Looking forward to this lots!

Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Baines,

McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Hibbert,

Heitinga, Oviedo, Naismith, Gueye, Vellios.Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Ryan Bennett, Bassong, Olsson,

Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Garrido, Hooper, van Wolfswinkel. Subs: Martin, Bunn,

Hoolahan, Elmander, Redmond, Fox, Josh Murphy.Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Typical negative cr@p from hughton. No creativity to hoops and rvw so they won''t see the ball all day. Hughton out[/quote]

God I hope you are joking.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Ryan Bennett, Bassong, Olsson,

Hoolahan, Elmander, Redmond, Fox, Josh Murphy.[/quote]

Interesting team selection and quite a strong looking bench too.  

I would have liked to see Martin at right back. He''s better defensively than Whittaker and Everton are very strong down that side with Baines and Pienaar. Think it''s crutial Snodgrass and Whittaker are at their best today.

It is interesting and I''m very surprised and have strangely, probably unlike others, moved from thinking we could get a point to being concerned we will get nothing from the game...........I never feel this way, so I am hoping its some sort of reverse pyschology.....

I think that his hand was forced by the need to keep Hooper going (i.e. scoring) and to give match time to RvW.

This is somewhat against his inclinations expressed last summer, where he might consider two strikers at home, but there had to be more defensive formations when playing away. Now he''s playing two strikers away from home! Wow!

Credit to him, draws aren''t enough, we need to win a few games. I hope that with two slow wide players, Snodgrass and Garrido, we actually play some through balls for our TWO strikers! Fer will be raring to go, and Johnson....

Not sure what to make of this, or how they intend to play.A point would be very good today.

He''s been canny in selecting them in this match. The odds of getting a result are lower so if we lose he can at least take the positive out of the game by saying "look, you wanted them playing together, I tried and it didn''t work" and if we do snatch something then he can show that he knows what he is doing.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Ryan Bennett, Bassong, Olsson,

Hoolahan, Elmander, Redmond, Fox, Josh Murphy.[/quote]

Interesting team selection and quite a strong looking bench too.  

[/quote]I think it very much depends how that selection line ups and operates. It could work or it could mean us being overrun in midfield. I have an open mind. But it does at least show that even with some injuries Hughton has a squad at his disposal of some quality and which permits tactical variations.

Yes, with Garrido playing wide mid in the cup game, perhaps it''ll be him there and Olsson LB?

I''m glad to see RVW and Hoops together, but as we know without good service there''s little point. Fingers crossed though. Hopefully we won''t need Hoolahan but at least he''s on the bench.