Sign in to follow this  
Indy

No god given right to win or stay up, but we do expect some fight and the odd good game.

No we should not expect to beat an Everton side who are flying, but nor should our manager write any game off as Hughton does every pre game interview!

Nor is it expected that we should be finishing in the top 10, we knew this year would be tough, but the board came out and gave the fans their expectations for this seaosn and Hughton has failed to live up to them thus far......tht said we are two wins away from 10th place as well as one loss from 20th! It''s a hard call as there are about 10 teams who are all in this bottom league fighting it out!

For me I am bored with watching the premiership and have a perverse wanting for relegation, to have a season back in a league where we might actually beat teams off the pitch and have a derby game to boot. Premeirship football is as boring as some said it could be!

Is Hughton a bad manager, probably not but he just sums up a boring league with a bring set up, points mean money, money goes into the players funds and the players are not hear for the love of our club! We love this club, the players and manager are here just as a job! no different to me or you in our jobs, we are there just to earn a living and get paid the most we can.

Right now I don''t care if Hughton goes or stays, but whoever comes in and whoever we sign are not fans like we are and will never show the fight we want them too! We just have to live with that.

Motivating players must be hard, I mean if youu earn 25K a week for a few years what motivation is there once you have it all?

I''m not sure why I''m prattling on but I suppose I am trying to say we have a manager who is not ambitious but just happy to do the minimum in his remit, we have players with no insentive, unlike we had to gain promotions and we have a board who have achived their goals of clearing the debt.

The ambition reached, motivation gone and left in premiership limbo, that is the same for a lot of supporters in this league! I think that''s what I mean!

[quote user="Indy"]

No we should not expect to beat an Everton side who are flying, but nor should our manager write any game off as Hughton does every pre game interview! Nor is it expected that we should be finishing in the top 10, we knew this year would be tough, but the board came out and gave the fans their expectations for this seaosn and Hughton has failed to live up to them thus far......tht said we are two wins away from 10th place as well as one loss from 20th! It''s a hard call as there are about 10 teams who are all in this bottom league fighting it out! For me I am bored with watching the premiership and have a perverse wanting for relegation, to have a season back in a league where we might actually beat teams off the pitch and have a derby game to boot. Premeirship football is as boring as some said it could be!  Is Hughton a bad manager, probably not but he just sums up a boring league with a bring set up, points mean money, money goes into the players funds and the players are not hear for the love of our club! We love this club, the players and manager are here just as a job! no different to me or you in our jobs, we are there just to earn a living and get paid the most we can.  Right now I don''t care if Hughton goes or stays, but whoever comes in and whoever we sign are not fans like we are and will never show the fight we want them too! We just have to live with that.  Motivating players must be hard, I mean if youu earn 25K a week for a few years what motivation is there once you have it all?  I''m not sure why I''m prattling on but I suppose I am trying to say we have a manager who is not ambitious but just happy to do the minimum in his remit, we have players with no insentive, unlike we had to gain promotions and we have a board who have achived their goals of clearing the debt. The ambition reached, motivation gone and left in premiership limbo, that is the same for a lot of supporters in this league! I think that''s what I mean!

[/quote]

Good post, I think you sum up what a lot of us feel.  It was said that enthusiasm for the premiership would drop off after a season or two and the novelty had gone.  For the ten bottom half clubs its a fight for survival each season and although we had hopes that this season would be better with our new players, the truth is that other clubs still have better resources than us and it is always going to be difficult to stay in this league - at least until we can build a stronger base with more finance.  That may happen in the future.  For now its a battle and that is what we need to get enthusiastic about.  The challenge of staying in the league and trying to develop.   Do you really think that dropping into the championship would be better??

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]

No we should not expect to beat an Everton side who are flying, but nor should our manager write any game off as Hughton does every pre game interview! Nor is it expected that we should be finishing in the top 10, we knew this year would be tough, but the board came out and gave the fans their expectations for this seaosn and Hughton has failed to live up to them thus far......tht said we are two wins away from 10th place as well as one loss from 20th! It''s a hard call as there are about 10 teams who are all in this bottom league fighting it out! For me I am bored with watching the premiership and have a perverse wanting for relegation, to have a season back in a league where we might actually beat teams off the pitch and have a derby game to boot. Premeirship football is as boring as some said it could be!  Is Hughton a bad manager, probably not but he just sums up a boring league with a bring set up, points mean money, money goes into the players funds and the players are not hear for the love of our club! We love this club, the players and manager are here just as a job! no different to me or you in our jobs, we are there just to earn a living and get paid the most we can.  Right now I don''t care if Hughton goes or stays, but whoever comes in and whoever we sign are not fans like we are and will never show the fight we want them too! We just have to live with that.  Motivating players must be hard, I mean if youu earn 25K a week for a few years what motivation is there once you have it all?  I''m not sure why I''m prattling on but I suppose I am trying to say we have a manager who is not ambitious but just happy to do the minimum in his remit, we have players with no insentive, unlike we had to gain promotions and we have a board who have achived their goals of clearing the debt. The ambition reached, motivation gone and left in premiership limbo, that is the same for a lot of supporters in this league! I think that''s what I mean!

[/quote]

Good post, I think you sum up what a lot of us feel.  It was said that enthusiasm for the premiership would drop off after a season or two and the novelty had gone.  For the ten bottom half clubs its a fight for survival each season and although we had hopes that this season would be better with our new players, the truth is that other clubs still have better resources than us and it is always going to be difficult to stay in this league - at least until we can build a stronger base with more finance.  That may happen in the future.  For now its a battle and that is what we need to get enthusiastic about.  The challenge of staying in the league and trying to develop.   Do you really think that dropping into the championship would be better??

[/quote]

The problem LDC is that every team will strengthen that survive, the likes of Leicester, QPR will come up with huge backing (rich owners) so where does that leave us even if we do stay up?

If you ask me today do I want another season being served up this dower football or go down to get more entertaining real football with something to play for and win, then yep let''s go down!

Sad to think like this but the way I feel today! Premiership bores me to tears!

The Premiership bores you because Norwich are probably the most boring side to watch in the League , and what if we go down and retain Clueless ? all you will get is boring football but a league lower .We desperately need to stay up and the best way to do that is remove Hughton asap.

Nothing to fear from Everton test, insists Norwich City boss

“Most people would expect them to win the game. We can’t go with that type of mentality,” he said. “We are in good away form and mentally we are in a better place to go there now...."

Headline and first comment from Hughton in the preview[:O]