Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

17 - 35

Not a new holiday club for those with too much disposable income.

17 = goals scored by City this season, 21 games.

Only 2 other clubs in EPL are worse at scoring goals, both in the relegation zone.

35 = goals conceded by City this season, 21 games.

Only Fulham have a worse goals against in the EPL.

But its all ok because he''s one of the nicest managers in the game.

You do know that no one has actually said that we should keep Chris Hughton, purely because he is a nice man?Don''t you?

He''s well liked in the football world and we''ll look bad if we fire him, or words to that effect have been muttered on here plenty of times early in the season.

Right now, we''d lol like feeakin'' geniuses if we''d let him go and brought in a manager who intended to use his new high octane talent appropriately.

[quote user="morty"]You do know that no one has actually said that we should keep Chris Hughton, purely because he is a nice man?Don''t you?[/quote]

I think they have.

Those stats mean he should have gone ages ago

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="morty"]You do know that no one has actually said that we should keep Chris Hughton, purely because he is a nice man?Don''t you?[/quote]

I think they have.

Those stats mean he should have gone ages ago[/quote]I think they haven''t.

It has been said on here several times that it would reflect badly on the club to sack such a well respected likable man in the football community.

[quote user="morty"]You do know that no one has actually said that we should keep Chris Hughton, purely because he is a nice man?Don''t you?[/quote]

i have heard things along this line in the media, mostly on talksport (Alan Brazil definately) and I think match of the day have referenced it. However, as annoying as it is, they are looking in from the outside so I take what they say with a pinch of salt - although Brazil did refer to fans as morons...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

i have heard things along this line in the media, mostly on talksport (Alan Brazil definately) and I think match of the day have referenced it. However, as annoying as it is, they are looking in from the outside so I take what they say with a pinch of salt - although Brazil did refer to fans as morons...

[/quote]Exactly.Anyone who thinks that our board wouldn''t sack Hughton, regardless of results, just because he''s nice, really isn''t playing with a full deck.

Actually Danny Kelly on talksport said last night something along the lines of ''norwich fans, do you stick with Chris Hughton. Hes a nice man but is there any room for sentiment in the premier league''

cant help thinking any club has ever kept any manager because hes a nice man?

Hughton did say, though to be fair to him, that Everton are a in-form team, with a good balance, great players, looking at the top 5 position, with a great manager, great goalkeeper, great defenders, even better midfielders, and a strike force with a belguim international!!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Hughton did say, though to be fair to him, that Everton are a in-form team, with a good balance, great players, looking at the top 5 position, with a great manager, great goalkeeper, great defenders, even better midfielders, and a strike force with a belguim international!!![/quote]

problem is, its hard to disagree with any of that - of evertons team yesterday, who wouldn''t you want at Norwich?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

everton made 6 changes for yesterdays game they had players missing to !

[/quote]You do understand that they have a much better squad than we do, don''t you?

[quote user="Number 9"]I give you;

This season, 21 games:

5 wins

5 draws

11 losses.

Hughton is not a winner, he appears to be a loser.[/quote]And that gives us 15th place. By what most people have said is a minimom acceptable result, that looks like a winner to me.

It''s not over til the fat lady sings.

So there is still time for us to improve or we could continue to slide in oblivion.