Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

We're doomed I tell ya!

Apologies to Lappinitup.

This message board resembles a place where people come to show they have given up.  Its like watching a load of Lemmings jumping off a cliff.   

Thread after thread, post after post of people who say they can''t take it anymore, can''t take the setbacks, the problems, the lack of goals, the poor entertainment, the fact that the manager is honest with his appraisals, the style of the football, the formations, the tactics, Johnson''s passing, Snodgrass''s lack of pace, the fact Hoolahan doesn''t play more often, Fox not in the team, Redmond playing left instead of right, Snodgrass playing right instead of left, Bennett backing off instead closing down, Whittaker not being up to it, Martin not up to it, Bassong looking off form, Ruddy not the goalkeeper he was, Elmander not effective, Fer out of sorts, etc etc etc.

You might even think all the above is true.  But take a look at it and you will see that taken as a whole all those things are an extreme view. It is not balanced in the slightest.  I could take each of those "complaints" above and put an equally opposite argument down.   I often do - to try and redress the balance so we get a more accurate reflection of what is really happening.   I''m not going to do it here, but I am just trying to demonstrate to the lemmings that they are looking too bleakly at the situation.  

Step back from the edge and think.   If things were really that bad do you not think that the board would have acted?   They''re not going to now - and imo it would be wrong to, as well.

The facts are that its a tight league and half of it is struggling to find its form - us included.   So why is it so terrible that we are struggling?   Surely that is the challenge?   To battle to a mid table position (still only three points away) - get players fit, follow the development of RVW and Hooper who show signs of real class, watch as the team develops in this pot boiler of a season.    Instead of which we get a diatribe of  down and out stuff about how everything is terrible.  

There are some of us on here who try to redress the balance and put a realistic argument out there.  We''re not happy clappies.  We know that things need to improve - even that Hughton may need to move on at the end of the season if it is thought that there hasn''t been enough development over the last two seasons. 

But the battle isn''t over.   Hughton hasn''t got his best team out there yet.   If you really love the club, you will put your differences and complaints to one side and focus your frustration into supporting the team over the next few weeks.   I think I prefer the attitude of  "we''re little Norwich we''re just not good enough"  to the "we''re big spending Norwich we deserve better" attitude.  But neither of those is really right.  The truth is - we''re in the most difficult league, the manager and players  are fighting to get things right for us - and we need to get more into the frame of mind that we''re all in this together.  

We know the facts are that as well as three points from the bottom we''re only three points from mid table.  So regardless of your views on the manager, the battle is still full on and it can go either way. 

I''m probably wasting my time with this thread and will get the usual comments, but I really don''t care.  What I do care about is seeing the team improve - as they have to do.   The fans giving up the fight will not help them.

Think on.

Your attempts to lecture people got boring a long, long time ago.Enough people have told you now, are you not getting the message?

Of course your not wasting your time - you have just put up the exact same thread you put up every few weeks in order to get a reaction, which is all you want. Its like a reverse version of Wiz, just posting for a reaction

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Your attempts to lecture people got boring a long, long time ago.Enough people have told you now, are you not getting the message?[/quote]I don''t care.

[/quote]Clearly[Y]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Of course your not wasting your time - you have just put up the exact same thread you put up every few weeks in order to get a reaction, which is all you want. Its like a reverse version of Wiz, just posting for a reaction[/quote]

Hey guess what. He got a reaction.....

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Of course your not wasting your time - you have just put up the exact same thread you put up every 4 days - just posting for a reaction[/quote]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Of course your not wasting your time - you have just put up the exact same thread you put up every few weeks in order to get a reaction, which is all you want. Its like a reverse version of Wiz, just posting for a reaction[/quote]

Hey guess what. He got a reaction.....[/quote]

Of course I want a reaction!   Thats the whole point.  I want people to bl**dy well wake up and see what they''re doing! 

I''m really glad that after every match we lose, we at least don''t have a patronising arse hole telling us all how we should feel, with some odd superiority complex.

Oh, wait.

Something I picked up on listening to the radio returning from Goodison was this, if you want to know what''s really happening at a club ask the away support.

This certainly had a fair amount of resonance with me, unless anybody who went yesterday thinks otherwise u didn''t speak to anyone who thought we have much of a future with the current management team?

No doubt the keyboard wielding popinjay of an OP will tell me otherwise from his High Alter of patronising drivel?

At least old wiz had panache before he buggered off.

LEDC should follow his example.

This place resembles a marriage counselling meeting. (Not that I''ve been to one)

You try and try to give it ago. The one good week in the last month is one you cling on too in hope that more arrive.

The longer it goes on te more it doesn''t improve. But you really hope it does.

I don''t advocate lecturing members of this board, as let''s face it, no one is likely to change their views anyway. But I can understand LDC''s frustration. The pessimism, anger and outrage prevalent on here is a bit depressing. I read all this stuff and think, jeez, we really must be the worst team in Premier League history! Then I check the table and we''re 15th, challenging about 10 other teams to avoid relegation and get a decent mid-table finish.

Have I missed something? Wasn''t this expected? Aren''t we working on establishing our premier league credentials? Haven''t we recently come up? Didn''t we know it would be a scrap?

Yes, we haven''t been performing well lately, but it''s really not as bad as most people on here make out. I guess it''s the ridiculous overreaction that has pushed LDC to lecture. I can see where he''s coming from.

Many on here really do need to lighten up and accept that it takes all sorts of posters with varying views and opinions. In this instance I enjoyed reading LDC''s piece, it was well written and I feel summed up what many people feel, it certainly didnt come over the way some are making it out.

LDC, like Ricardo and of course the dearly departed Wiz are, for different reasons, just what a board like this needs and each of them and some others stimulate some good debate........unfortunately, for some reason we tend to go down that frustrating lets have a go at the poster and get personal road too often, and this definately lowers the standards of what should be an excellent board or, I guess that''s just the way it is on here and I need to get used to it...........and I do, I know I do....

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Many on here really do need to lighten up and accept that it takes all sorts of posters with varying views and opinions. In this instance I enjoyed reading LDC''s piece, it was well written and I feel summed up what many people feel, it certainly didnt come over the way some are making it out.

LDC, like Ricardo and of course the dearly departed Wiz are, for different reasons, just what a board like this needs and each of them and some others stimulate some good debate........unfortunately, for some reason we tend to go down that frustrating lets have a go at the poster and get personal road too often, and this definately lowers the standards of what should be an excellent board or, I guess that''s just the way it is on here and I need to get used to it...........and I do, I know I do....

[/quote]

except there was no debate, it didn''t offer anything to debate. It was written to provoke a reaction which it got. It was yet another ''I am LDC, i am correct in everything i say, anybody that says any different is wrong'' post, just like that seems to appear after each defeat. He probably has the same post saved on his pc ready to copy and paste after we lose. Posters who are both Hughton out or in are fully capable on having their own opinions on anything. They don''t need to be lectured told what to think. Its just tedious reading the same things over and over again.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

except there was no debate, it didn''t offer anything to debate. It was written to provoke a reaction which it got. It was yet another ''I am LDC, i am correct in everything i say, anybody that says any different is wrong'' post, just like that seems to appear after each defeat. He probably has the same post saved on his pc ready to copy and paste after we lose. Posters who are both Hughton out or in are fully capable on having their own opinions on anything. They don''t need to be lectured told what to think. Its just tedious reading the same things over and over again.

[/quote]

No, there was no debate and yes, it was designed to get a reaction.   I don''t expect people to change what they think but if nothing else it was a challenge to some people to think about their reasons why they think like they do.    Ranting and railing about the manager will do no good at all in the run in to the end of the season.   In fact it could make things worse by worsening the atmosphere at matches.  

Its a bit like being stuck in a time warp.  "Ooh! We''re so bad, we have such a bad manager, our player''s can''t play, we''re going down, even if we stay up we''re still so rubbish"   That is "Roeder language, Grant language, Gunn language".  Do people really think its as bad as that?  Yet we have a good squad of players being built, we''re in the premiership and in a good challenging position in the league to get to mid table and we have good players to come back from injury.   Yes we could go down, of course we could, but to some relegation or survival  isn''t the issue - and that is wrong imo.  They would rather cause upset than focus on what they should be focusing on - supporting the club in its battle to establish itself in the top league. 

I don''t ask everyone to say that everything is wonderful, far from it, I don''t expect you to fall down and lick Hughton''s shoes.   What I would like is for people to forget the matches that have been and gone, the good ones, the bad ones and just look positively at what is coming up next.  Seventeen games with a squad that has the potential to improve - and we know it has performances in it because in amongst the poor games there have been some good ones - and even in the poor ones there have been some good spells.   RVW looks a class act technically and once he and Hooper get goals flowing - and we know Hooper can do it - and those other players get back from injury - we are still going to be a force to be reckoned with .

I for one always enjoy LDC''s posts although not always sharing their sentiment. The crux of the argument is that notwithstanding the money spent we do not appear to have improved as a team. Indeed, trends on almost every indicator show us to be in decline. Linked is ongoing concern about tactical judgement both within and between matches, and differences in views as to team selections. It seems to many that the team is less than the sum of its parts. For some, most of these issues have been clear for more than a year now. However, the board didn''t act in the Summer or indeed in subsequent international breaks. Here I would disagree with Purple in that, in my opinion, the board did have enough accumulated evidence to understand that performances were not improving and therefore both international breaks might be regarded as potential tipping points. However, we are where we are. Post-mortems will no doubt come later. The Hull match and our success in the window will largely determine our future now. Neither will be aided by seeking to change the management team today.

Unlike Lakey himself, I do not blithely dismiss whole threads that I do not agree with a "stupid", or some other silly, puerile word.Whilst I indeed do not agree with this one, he clearly has some fair points which he believes in and is prepared to put his head above the parapet to express them, when all the evidence apparently suggests the contrary. Fair play to him.The problem he has is that his reasonably held opinions in these sort of threads are inevitably diluted by this hectoring, lecturing style that he seems to favour on thse occasions.

[quote user="Highland Canary"] However, we are where we are. Post-mortems will no doubt come later. The Hull match and our success in the window will largely determine our future now. Neither will be aided by seeking to change the management team today.[/quote]

We don''t always agree HC, but that''s fine.  Where we do agree is the above.  Absolutely.  We are where we are and the manager is presumably here to stay to the end of the season - whatever happens now on in.  Perhaps people will be able to accept that and just concentrate on the football now. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Apologies to Lappinitup.

This message board resembles a place where people come to show they have given up.  Its like watching a load of Lemmings jumping off a cliff.   

Thread after thread, post after post of people who say they can''t take it anymore, can''t take the setbacks, the problems, the lack of goals, the poor entertainment, the fact that the manager is honest with his appraisals, the style of the football, the formations, the tactics, Johnson''s passing, Snodgrass''s lack of pace, the fact Hoolahan doesn''t play more often, Fox not in the team, Redmond playing left instead of right, Snodgrass playing right instead of left, Bennett backing off instead closing down, Whittaker not being up to it, Martin not up to it, Bassong looking off form, Ruddy not the goalkeeper he was, Elmander not effective, Fer out of sorts, etc etc etc.

You might even think all the above is true.  But take a look at it and you will see that taken as a whole all those things are an extreme view. It is not balanced in the slightest.  I could take each of those "complaints" above and put an equally opposite argument down.   I often do - to try and redress the balance so we get a more accurate reflection of what is really happening.   I''m not going to do it here, but I am just trying to demonstrate to the lemmings that they are looking too bleakly at the situation.  

Step back from the edge and think.   If things were really that bad do you not think that the board would have acted?   They''re not going to now - and imo it would be wrong to, as well.

The facts are that its a tight league and half of it is struggling to find its form - us included.   So why is it so terrible that we are struggling?   Surely that is the challenge?   To battle to a mid table position (still only three points away) - get players fit, follow the development of RVW and Hooper who show signs of real class, watch as the team develops in this pot boiler of a season.    Instead of which we get a diatribe of  down and out stuff about how everything is terrible.  

There are some of us on here who try to redress the balance and put a realistic argument out there.  We''re not happy clappies.  We know that things need to improve - even that Hughton may need to move on at the end of the season if it is thought that there hasn''t been enough development over the last two seasons. 

But the battle isn''t over.   Hughton hasn''t got his best team out there yet.   If you really love the club, you will put your differences and complaints to one side and focus your frustration into supporting the team over the next few weeks.   I think I prefer the attitude of  "we''re little Norwich we''re just not good enough"  to the "we''re big spending Norwich we deserve better" attitude.  But neither of those is really right.  The truth is - we''re in the most difficult league, the manager and players  are fighting to get things right for us - and we need to get more into the frame of mind that we''re all in this together.  

We know the facts are that as well as three points from the bottom we''re only three points from mid table.  So regardless of your views on the manager, the battle is still full on and it can go either way. 

I''m probably wasting my time with this thread and will get the usual comments, but I really don''t care.  What I do care about is seeing the team improve - as they have to do.   The fans giving up the fight will not help them.

Think on.

[/quote]I just lost 2 minutes of my life never to get back again.

We all have an opinion and we all have the right to voice this LDC........I don''t think your points are very well put and you are trolling!

That said I do think lot''s of people are just fed up with what is being served up each week, me included, but is that not just being a poor club in a big league with not much pulling power and no motivation for the players?

This is the boring status of the Premiership, it''s boring to watch, players just want money and managers just have to much pressure to reach that mythical 40 points to make sure they stay in a job! It''s all about money not for the love of the clubs the managers manage or plyers play for!

As I note that you have 3 threads running on the front page of this messageboard Lakey I was wondering whether you could point out the differences in the topics you are lecturing us on ?.........No thought not.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This message board resembles a place where people come to show they have given up. [/quote]Not all have given upIn fact I am quite heartened by the positivity of fans who not only want better but believe those days will return.Sure there are one or two like yourself who still believe that we should be grateful for the crumbs from the big table.Stick with a failing manager. We should never have sacked Gunn. League 1 is good enough for us.However my advice to you LDC is to get off your knees, stand up and fight and believe in the club as the vast majority are doing.We want better if you don''t.