Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

For anyone who didn't go to the fans forum.....

Here''s a couple of things we learnt (most of them pretty obvious to be honest):

1. Worthy conceded that they have told McVeigh to look for another club.  He said WLY had struggled and "is a player we would be looking to offload or replace".
  2. If we stay up (and I got the impression it would only be if we stayed up) Worthy would try and take Bentley on loan again or try and get a permanent deal
  3. Richard Gough revealed that there have been 10,000 applications for Fulham tickets for 4000 seats.  He said it''s the largest number of applications we have had for an away game since the play-off final.
  4. The club would dearly love to put another tier on the City Stand and are always looking at pursuing this.  However, as always Doncastor says it comes down to money and debt.  If it cost £10mil (ball park figure) they couldn''t borrow any more money.  They are looking for "innovative" ideas to raise the cash.  Lets just hope these "innovative" ideas don''t include selling our best players!
  5. Green will be staying according to Worthy (he wasn''t really going to say anything else though!)
  6. Roger Munby and Neil Doncastor said that if the opportunity arose, they would 100% for a return to terracing at football stadia in England.  However, Doncastor said that he could never see legislation being passed to allow it.  If by some miracle it did happen, the only place in Carra Road that terracing would be feasible would be a small area in front of the hotel, once it''s built.  Nige however, being at the Hillsborough disaster, said that he thought seating in stadiums was much safer
  7. Thomas'' name is pronounced Helve in Danish but Helveg in English!
  8. As regards to Europe next year, we are joint second (behind Chelsea so we can disregard them) with Spurs.  If we finish ahead of Spurs then we go into a draw with other countries.  There are 7 countries, the leader of which (currently Norway) gets a club in automatically.  Then 2 of the other 6 get drawn out of the hat for the UEFA cup.  Therefore, (hope you''re following this! ) if we finish above of Spurs in the fair play league, we have a 1 in 3 chance of being in Europe.  BUT, Worthy was keen to stress that Europe and Premiership go hand in hand.  Europe and the fizzy league don''t because of the amount of games.  I.e, if we go down, we won''t bother applying.
  9. Nige is tipping Preston to win the play-offs
  10. Hucks was meant to be at the forum yesterday but was "ill".  Whether he is actually ill or just shy, I''m not sure.

Ummm, thats all I can think of at the mo.  I did see Saf yesterday and he was limping pretty badly.  I hope he recovers in time for Sunday  

thanks for an informative, well written summary of the fans forum,DD.you must have been taking notes. i was pleased to see the club are seriously considering adding another tier to the city stand - but as you say, one would hope that any investment in ground improvements would not adversely effect team strengthening.

One other thing I remembered was that Doncastor said that figures of £25-30M banded about at the beginning of the season regarding how much we would get this year are wide of the mark.  It''s nearer £18M

thanks for the info DD

good new is both Adam Drury and Youssef Safri have been classed as "fit" for fulham!!!!!