Sign in to follow this  
Dave

now or never for the board

If they are going to sack CH it''s got to be this week to give a new guy chance to invest during the transfer window. If he does not go this week then I guess they will stick by him

[quote user="Dave"]If they are going to sack CH it''s got to be this week to give a new guy chance to invest during the transfer window. If he does not go this week then I guess they will stick by him[/quote]IMO the board have spoken - in the loudest possible terms. The silence is deafening. If we were to be changing managers at all it would have been done by now. Any window of opportunity has now gone. We may as well get used to the idea. Hughton is here to stay - at least to the end of the season.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Dave"]If they are going to sack CH it''s got to be this week to give a new guy chance to invest during the transfer window. If he does not go this week then I guess they will stick by him[/quote]IMO the board have spoken - in the loudest possible terms. The silence is deafening. If we were to be changing managers at all it would have been done by now. Any window of opportunity has now gone. We may as well get used to the idea. Hughton is here to stay - at least to the end of the season.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more LDC. Despite the mumblings of this board, there has been no pressure applied to the manager by the board publicly, and in all honesty little true discontent being shown from the stands. The odd substitution has been booed but we''ve not seen the chants of ''You don''t know what you''re doing '' or ''Hughton Out'' that are associated with a real loss of supporter confidence.

I''ve said all along that CH has not been near the sack this season and that was certainly the impression that McNally gave at the supporter forum I attended back in November.

My feeling is that we will get sufficient points to stay up and I don''t think now is the time for change as any new manager will not have any opportunity to recruit. The summer however is perhaps a time to take stock. If we do not see an improvement in performances then the board may consider their options.

CH is as safe as any manager is.

Every manager is 6 games from the sack or less. Lose 6 games in a row you will be gone.

CH is maybe 3 games from the sack. Lose the next 3 and he is likely to go. But we will not lose the next 3 and the countdown will go on till the day he goes. Might be three weeks. Might be ten years, who knows!

As a Norwich supporter I hope we win our next 3 so I therefor hope CH stays.