Is anybody else slightly frustrated by him? for someone as physical as he can be, I really don''t think he does enough defensively, I really do think Johnson has done far more over the past few games.

I''d happily see him benched for Howson when he is fit again.

[quote user="YellowAndGreenDreamTeam"]Is anybody else slightly frustrated by him? for someone as physical as he can be, I really don''t think he does enough defensively, I really do think Johnson has done far more over the past few games.

I''d happily see him benched for Howson when he is fit again.[/quote]IMO Fer is missing Howson - a player of skill and good movement and passing ability. They will be the heart of any success we may have.  We need them both in the team.  Or at least we need decent cover for them both.  The other midfielders in our squad are more limited (imo) and Fer will play better when he has better players around him.

This is why everyone says we are missing Tettey.

Using Tettey as the defensive screen allowed Fer, and howson to be more creative, get forward which appears their forte.

Fer is clearly a very talented player as his through ball for Hooper at WBA hints at his strength.

What I''ve seen is that in defensive areas his positioning doesn''t always seem right - I thought he was majorly at fault for Barry''s goal - watch it again he should have come across so Bennett could back into the defensive line but doesn''t. It''s not the first time either.

It''d be a serious challenge for any midfielder to play well as part of a midfield two with Bradley Johnson.

Lets be honest shall we , our 2 big summer signings have been woeful , Fer is a liability and as a goalscorer Wolfswinkle is a complete washout . £12 million plus and a couple of decent signings from the lower leagues would probably have given us a much better return on our money . Now if reports are correct we are going to waste a further £3 million on a 30 year old Newcastle cast off , funniest thing of all is Hughtons strong point is supposed to be the great players he signs .

Heh stat wise Fer has been most succesful player this season in our midfield after Tettey.

He was cheap as hell and he is still young and he is box to box midfielder, not a defensive one.

Sometimes he is a bit frustrating, but nothing new there. I can remember my ManU supporting friend being very frustrated to C.Ronaldo., "Who killed their game and didnt do anything to cover his fullback"

Problem is that neither Johnson nor Fer are that fast players and both of them get more out of their game when they have someone like Tettey covering lot of ground next or behind them.

Johnson has improved his game during this season, but at the start of it, it was very clear that Fer and Johnson were not best midfield pairing.

Fer has done enought and seems to have decent attitude in the field and even thought he still makes mistakes, he has been very good for us. As said he makes mistakes here and there, but +30 million euro Illarramendi in Real Madrid makes same ammount of mistakes. It just is that decision making in that age isn''t normaly fully developed and DM is probably hardest position to play because your every bad pass and poor tackle is noticed.

I dont even touch the hook about RvW thrown later in this thread. Blind is blind.

RVW needs to put on at least a stone and Fer will be fine. He is best suited as an attacking midfielder but only seems to see the ball in defensive positions.

When we played Stoke, that was the best midfield performance I''d seen for a long while.

Tettey, Fer and Howson dominated Stoke, ran the show. Tettey stayed the deepest and at times,they almost seemed to play in a straight line, up and down the pitch.

Fer, for the money is superb. Some of his tackling we have commented on, numerous times at games, in as much as , you couldn''t see any other player ''wrapping'' their legs round, tackling, to break up oppositions play, like he can.

Like someone else said, he''s young and inexpensive, it''s a win win with him.

Fer is clearly talented but for the last six weeks or so he has been utter garbage.  His attitude seriously stinks at times.  Look at how he bottled a challenge on Scott Parker against Fulham which led to the winning goal and his lazy ''tackles'' against Palace which really let us down.  I''d happily bench him for a while.  He gets an easy ride from a lot of fans though, especially compared to other players who don''t go missing when things get difficult.